What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Price check please  (Read 3316 times)

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
Sundance Price check please
« on: February 11, 2006, 05:42:49 pm »
 I'm looking at a few Subdance Spas and could use some advise as to pricing as well as your input on the two models.

1) Cameo....Floor model ( '05) 8,300
2) Cameo ..... New ('06)  9,100
neither includes any xtras.

I can get a new Bahia for 6,500.... seems to be the better deal of the two.

Thanks, Jim

PS These are both far and away better than the CRAP on Ebay...... Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Price check please
« on: February 11, 2006, 05:42:49 pm »

hymbaw

Re: Sundance Price check please
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 05:48:46 pm »
Very good prices on both. We retail a new '06 Cameo at $9495. Grab the '05 there were absolutely NO changes on the Cameo from '05 to '06.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Chris_H

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 08:17:40 pm »
The Sundance prices are reasonable for both model years.  I would buy the 2005 due to cost.

Pretty big price jump, but what can you do...

ggwagner

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 11:49:24 pm »
If you're happy with the coloring on the floor model Cameo, its a good buy. As noted, there is no change in the Cameo from last year.
The Bahia doesn't have the features you'll get with the Cameo, especially the Microclean II filter.
Glenn Wagner
Sundance Spas Orillia Ontario

jnsjr58

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 07:07:45 am »
Is the Cameo 2k-3k better than the Bahia? I thought my dealer said all the "Guts" were the same? Bahia just didn't have xtras like air,waterfall, lounge etc.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 12:42:35 pm »
I too looked at the Bahia and the other 700 series spas when I was shopping.  I ended up buying the Cameo.  I found that the 700 series spas weren't as deep as the 800 series.  The seats were right on the floor of the spa so your legs had to be straight out like sitting in a sports car.  I prefer a deeper spa so I picked the Cameo.

Sounds like a great price on the 2005 model.  Best of luck in your shopping.

J._McD

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 02:09:37 pm »
Is the Cameo 2k-3k better than the Bahia? I thought my dealer said all the "Guts" were the same? Bahia just didn't have xtras like air,waterfall, lounge etc.

The Cameo is a better "value" than the Bahia, however they both make the same Hot Water.

More bells, more whistles, more money.  The cameo has different electronic features that will aid you in knowing what may be going on when you experience problems.  The LCD readouts are sometimes helpful.

The water fall feature, the filtration, the electronics, the air injectors w/aromatherapy (???), over ride features, trouble log, the jets all make it a different spa and a different price.  You can certainly live without all of these features.  Regardless they both make the same Hot Water, if you can afford the difference, get the Cameo, if you have other priorities in life that require money, get the Bahia.

Right now you have neither one and your loosing out on a good Hot Water soak in the meantime.  Now, does this mean you are going to go down and put a deposit on it, or are you still gong to shop around? ???

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 02:11:10 pm »
I've been quoted 7550 for a Majesta and 8100 for an Optima, delivered, set up, cover, lifter, step and ozone. All 2006 models. I haven't wet tested but this seems like a good deal to me.

jnsjr58

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 02:37:28 pm »
BK, That  a GREAT price for the Optima, What part of the world are you in?

J McD , I'm getting r-e-a-l close, and thanks to folks like your self and others on this forum, I will be able to make a much more educated decision. Thanks

big_daddy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 08:09:54 pm »
jnsjr58 where in n.c. do you live. i am in va. beach, va. and purchased a sundance optima for $6900.

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 10:06:15 am »
Wow...those are great prices on the Majesta and especially the Optima.  Almost a year ago we were quoted about $10K for the Optima.  Get it while you can...
2005 Marquis Epic

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 10:38:27 am »

The Cameo uses different pumps, different controls, different circulation system, a different heater, and adds an air blower.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 10:38:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42