What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What temp. do you set it at during warm weather?  (Read 3353 times)

loneoak

• Perception is more important than reality
What temp. do you set it at during warm weather?
« on: February 01, 2006, 08:15:30 pm »
We have only had our spa since Oct. and since we live in Canada, and it's cold here in winter, we have not experienced hot tubbing in summer.

What temperature do most people set the spa at when the temp. outside is 75ºF +?  Some of you live in warmer places so warm outside temps are the norm.

Also, how many of you enjoy your spa when it's raining or otherwise not pleasant out?  We use ours regardless of the weather (yes, it's outside and not under cover).  I find a Tilley hat works really well.

Astrid.

Hot Tub Forum

What temp. do you set it at during warm weather?
« on: February 01, 2006, 08:15:30 pm »

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
Re: What temp. do you set it at during warm weathe
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:31:40 pm »
  We're in the east end of the GTA and have only had ours since July but up until the fall we ran at 100-101 unless youngsters or more heat sensitive guests came over and we'd turn it down to 99. Since December it's been 102 and I expect next summer we may run it like we did this past summer but time will tell. I like the 102 so far.  Hope that helps,   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 08:56:01 pm »
I am in SoCal and it has only rained once since we had our tub (unless it rained when I was on vacation).  I put on a hat and went in the tub.  We use it every night.

We plan to use the tub as a glorified swimming pool this summer and will probably have it in the low 90's.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 09:22:42 pm »
I lower it to 99 but you'll find that as temps rise outside so will the temps inside. If you get sun on the tub, the temps could soar to 105+.

Last summer, which was my first with the tub, it got to at least 105 once with temps in the high 90's and my tub is mostly in the shade.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 09:34:45 pm »
I keep it at 102 all year long.  Only use it mornings and night during summer.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 09:59:45 pm »
Our spa was delivered in June of last year and we had it set for 96° F until the termperature started to drop. While the weather was warm it really felt refreshing. I'm guessing that's because its below body temperature.
Now its at 102° F and holding. :D

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 02:26:36 pm »
In South Florida in the summer it gets a wee bit warmish.  I basically turn off the heater, but the circ pump keeps the water between 86 and 90 degrees F.  

During our "cold" months it is set at 98 degrees F.

I am sure that If I spent time tubbing up north, the temp would be up at 105 or whatever you folks crank it up to.

Regards,

Bill

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 05:38:18 pm »
With our tub in direct sun during the entire day here in N. Fla., we set the temp at 96.  Even with the cover propped, the temp hovers between 97 and 98.  Sunset to early morning soaks only.......too hot otherwise.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

cburk0677

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 09:24:58 am »
I'm curious how much you are saving in energy bills by having the temp around 96. Seems to me that the savings could be quite large. I'm in Indiana so in the winter I think it would need to be at least 101 or 102 to be comfortable.

Cburk
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 01:55:44 pm »
Our tub’s indoors, summertime we have a little AC flowing in there, winter we open the windows to control the temperature.

With a summer ambient room temp of 75-80 degrees, I set the tub for 96.

Any thing under that feels "too cold" for the tub, even though I like our outside pool at 80 degrees.

This time of year, a room temp of 45-50 seems the best, with the tub set at 99 (wifey doesn't want it any more than that, although I could go a degree or two higher).  This is definitely my favorite weather for the tub, even being indoors.

I guess we are "warm tubbers"  ;D

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 04:18:32 pm »
I'm curious how much you are saving in energy bills by having the temp around 96. Seems to me that the savings could be quite large. I'm in Indiana so in the winter I think it would need to be at least 101 or 102 to be comfortable.

Cburk

cburk,
Understand that my comments were for warm weather (late spring, summer, early fall) soaking only.  During the fall I slowly raise the temp to a max of 100 during the coldest weather and gradually drop it down as weather warms in the spring.  I would agree with you that cooler temps do result in energy savings...I don't know if I would categorize it as "quite large" but certainly noticeable.  Of course, A/C usage in the summer is greater for us than heat usage in the winter so we really don't see any differences in our overall energy usage.  But the energy used by the hot tub heater in the summer is DEFINITELY less than winter--dramatically so I might guess.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 04:18:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42