What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Customer Poll: Should dealers.......  (Read 7854 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Customer Poll: Should dealers.......
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 03:36:12 pm »
I have no problem with that at all...in fact I think it's a great idea for people to put how long they have owned their spas and if they have owned more than one. It would change the passionate views for a buyer if someone says that they own the most reliable spa in the industry and yet they haven't owned it long enough to actually give that testimony credibility.

All to often we have people with minimal experience venomously defending their purchase decision by trying to discredit someone that spends their life doing this.

Yes I'm a spa dealer and I have played one on TV!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 03:36:12 pm »

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 07:50:13 pm »
I   Again, some are obvious ( East Texas, So Cal etc..).    

oh man, you figured me out. now what am i gonna do ??? and they say you can be annonomous on the net ;D
Marquis dealer

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 12:58:38 am »
I'm glad to see the MILF is back Brook.

Guess I have to change my tag line back.   ;D

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

fatman

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 08:02:49 am »
Thanks to all who have responded so far. I am taking this poll mostly on behalf of all the "newbies" who come to this site, especially those who do not post on a regular basis after they have purchased a hot tub. When a newbie comes to this forum and blindly asks the question "Which hot tub should I buy?", I think it would be a good idea if that newbie knew whether or not it was a dealer replying to that question.  If a Marquis dealer replies to the newbies question stating "Marquis is the best hot tub you can buy" but that dealer does not let the newbie know he is a dealer, in my opinion, that is disguised advertising and not at all fair to the potential customer who is asking the question.

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 04:27:13 pm »
I think that's a GREAT Idea.It may even help the dealers with addtional business. I could use a dealer in the Charlotte NC area right now who doesn't hide his head in the sand right after the sale. This forum would further legitimatize the dealer. Great Idea!!

salesdvl

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2006, 09:48:03 pm »
salesdvl- who do you represent?

I have seen your posts before so I think you are a dealer/salesperson but not sure I know with who.

Sorry, I missed this one.  Yes, I currently am a Regional Sales Manager for L.A. Spas.  Before this I sold in a retail store chain for about 20 yrs.  I have sold many brands including HS, Master, Artesian, D-1, Nordic....
Measure once, cut twice.

Brookenstein

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 11:26:35 pm »

Sorry, I missed this one.  Yes, I currently am a Regional Sales Manager for L.A. Spas.  Before this I sold in a retail store chain for about 20 yrs.  I have sold many brands including HS, Master, Artesian, D-1, Nordic....

Good thing I answered on your behalf...  6 days ago.   :)

fatman

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 07:56:17 am »
Thamks again to all of you who took the time to reply but it looks like this thread is just going to die off.....  I guess it's up to all the dealers to voluntarily identify themselves as being dealers. Thanks to East TX Spa for already doing so.  I think it's far more important to know who a dealer is than to know who a "junior member", "senior member", "full member" or "ultimate member" is.

salesdvl

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2006, 10:42:54 am »

Good thing I answered on your behalf...  6 days ago.   :)

Thanks for having my back.   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2006, 12:56:12 pm »
I think my signature reveals what I sell, and my Avatar tag gives you a general idea where I come from.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 03:48:23 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

anne

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 05:43:31 pm »
Thanks to all who have responded so far. I am taking this poll mostly on behalf of all the "newbies" who come to this site, especially those who do not post on a regular basis after they have purchased a hot tub. When a newbie comes to this forum and blindly asks the question "Which hot tub should I buy?", I think it would be a good idea if that newbie knew whether or not it was a dealer replying to that question.  If a Marquis dealer replies to the newbies question stating "Marquis is the best hot tub you can buy" but that dealer does not let the newbie know he is a dealer, in my opinion, that is disguised advertising and not at all fair to the potential customer who is asking the question.

As a newbie, but also an intelligent consumer I agree. Naturally, if the hypothetical Marqius dealer above tells me only Marquis are worth purchasing, he/she is only damaging his own credibility. But if I buy a Marquis, and the have a question, who better to trust? I also like to know who the delears are because it is very interesting to notice which brands of spas are represented at this site. As a whole, those brands stand out to me as possibly more trustworthy because their dealers are out here comunicating with customers, keeping their finger on the pulse of the industry from a consumer perspective. (I know it is not entirely altruistic, but it is still helpful)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 05:44:47 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2006, 06:55:01 am »
Voluntary identification of dealers and brands would be helpful as a way of determining who to ask about a specific brand.

But I notice that all of the dealers on this forum are neutral and do not push their brands.  Questions appear to be answered truthfully and they are all careful not to knock the other brands (except for T-spa salemen, who are fair game every where in the civilized world).

All in all, I really appreciate the dealers on this forum and I don't think it would be as good without them.
;D
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2006, 08:09:00 am »
Voluntary identification of dealers and brands would be helpful as a way of determining who to ask about a specific brand.

But I notice that all of the dealers on this forum are neutral and do not push their brands.  Questions appear to be answered truthfully and they are all careful not to knock the other brands (except for T-spa salemen, who are fair game every where in the civilized world).

All in all, I really appreciate the dealers on this forum and I don't think it would be as good without them.
 ;D

Why thank you! Now everyone buy a Marquis Epic because I have one;)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2006, 10:22:18 am »
Why thank you! Now everyone buy a Marquis Epic because I have one;)

Stuart, did you turn some store equitity into Marquis stocks? ;)
Homeworks Financing Representative

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2006, 12:00:25 pm »
I think my signature reveals what I sell, and my Avatar tag gives you a general idea where I come from.

took the words right out of my mouth HotTubMan!!!
Marquis dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2006, 12:00:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42