What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another question  (Read 2309 times)

kayaknva

• Jacuzzi J355
Another question
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:22:41 pm »
Sorry for all the questions but I am so friggin ignorant with this new tub its rediculous. We got the tub put in yesterday and everything went fine. The water temp is up and we wanted to soak in it tonight. Went to test the water for the hell of it and it shows 0 for the bromine, white. The floater with the bromine capsules has been floating since yesterday at noon. Is it safe for us to get in tonight or should that level get up before we do? No one has been in the tub.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Another question
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:22:41 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Another question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 06:07:37 pm »
Check your test strips to make sure they're not outdated.  Believe it or not, I have resolved many customers water care issues simply by giving them test strips that were in date.  Sometimes you will not receive any reading at all on old test strips.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 06:23:33 pm »
Is it be possible that your bromine floater isn't opened up, that it's still screwed all the way in?  If so, that would be another reason for reading 0 in the bromine.  Open it up, put it back in, wait awhile and see what happens.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 06:28:50 pm »
Is it be possible that your bromine floater isn't opened up, that it's still screwed all the way in?

It do be possible, it surely do be. ;)

Terminator

kayaknva

• Jacuzzi J355
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 06:29:57 pm »
Hey, checked both of those and the testers are in date and you can see the white from the tablets fall in the water if you shake it, so I figure its open. We tested it again and you can at least see a faint purple, and the PH seems a little too red.

Just have to wait and see..

Thanks!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 06:31:47 pm »
Try to get your pH in the proper range as that can affect your sanitizer levels.

Terminator

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 08:15:05 pm »
I'd try shocking it. Bromine can take a long time to read anything when you start up fresh.
I don't use the the chemical "banks"; but one fast shock of MPS or Chlorine takes care of it for me. You need something to help oxydize some of it initially - the MPS will do it.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 08:16:43 pm by st18901 »

kayaknva

• Jacuzzi J355
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 06:41:56 pm »
I'd try shocking it. Bromine can take a long time to read anything when you start up fresh.
I don't use the the chemical "banks"; but one fast shock of MPS or Chlorine takes care of it for me. You need something to help oxydize some of it initially - the MPS will do it.

That did it! I put in the PH lower the day before and then shocked it the next morning and its about perfect.
Thanks again!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 06:41:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42