What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: '05 Maxxus - cold water from percolation jets  (Read 7140 times)

Orthofunk

'05 Maxxus - cold water from percolation jets
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:55:38 pm »
With the cold weather, I have noticed that when I have the percolation jets that are recommended for aromatherapy turned on, the water that comes out of them is cold.
Is this normal?

Hot Tub Forum

'05 Maxxus - cold water from percolation jets
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:55:38 pm »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: '05 Maxxus - cold water from percolation jets
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 06:59:55 pm »
If you're talking about the air blower "jets", yes cool water will come out initially, followed by cool air. Water fills the air passages when the blower is not running, and must be displaced when it starts. This water is stagnant and not heated.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 07:01:22 pm »
Funky K,
Yes. Your perculator jets or air injectors will bring in cold air. What ever the air temperature is under the cabinet, that is what will come into your spa. Most folks turn off the air blower during the cold months, but some like the feel of the cold air blowing in. Dave.

hymbaw

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 12:06:43 am »
 The air from other companies is indeed drawn directly from the cabinet and the temperatures will coincide. Sundance channels the air through the motor powering the blower (preheating the air) the air is at about 120 degrees when it enters the water. It just feels cold because you're wet!! Dont believe me? Take the cover off the aroma therapy and turn on the blower. Hold your hand over it and you will see the air is clearly hot. Now get your hand wet and hold it over, it will feel cold.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 08:20:22 am »
We get that same cold sensation using the blower on our Optima- same system as yours, probably.
I do notice that in cooler weather if all we run is the blower, the spa will drop in temperature a degree or two as displayed on the panel.

Brewman

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 11:23:16 am »
I do notice that in cooler weather if all we run is the blower, the spa will drop in temperature a degree or two as displayed on the panel.

Interesting...I was trying to lower my tub a couple degrees quickly recently, so the wife and I could stay in longer.  I turned on all of the jets, opened all the air injection ports, AND turned on the blower.  It ran like that for 10 minutes, and wouldn't drop 1 degree from the 102 it was already at (it had already dropped to 102 from 103 in the 1/2 hour we had been in).  Guess I could've gotten the hose... ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 01:05:21 pm »
Try just the blower without the pumps.  I've noticed that my spa holds temperature pretty well with the pumps running- and I usually have air shutters open for the jets.  I guess the pumps must add a bit of heat to the water, even with the air open.
Brewman

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 08:58:48 pm »
Put it on low too. The friction of water in the pipes on high will also cause it to heat up.

crazy but true. Now, I don't know how much it will heat up...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 08:58:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42