What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub Selection  (Read 4504 times)

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
Tub Selection
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:22:35 pm »
Thanks for all the help. We have one tub dealer in town. He sells brands which are not highly rated at all and has a less than stellar reputation. Our options are between 175 miles and 225 miles away.

We're focusing on Marquis (1 dealer) and HotSpring (3 in that radius) at this point. We didn't care for Coleman and D1 and CalSpa and have to start someplace.

We'll get ozone for sure but what do people think about the Marquis cartridge and bromine system v. what appears to be a measure and add system for Hot Spring?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 10:23:47 pm by BK »

Hot Tub Forum

Tub Selection
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:22:35 pm »

autoplay

Re: Tub Selection
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 10:31:24 pm »
I've used both,brohmine and chlorine....and prefer chlorine over brohmine. Nature2 cartridges are used with chlorine,and have worked great for me in our spa.

I noticed you list of spas,do you have within your spectrum,Caldera,Sundance,and jacuzzi?

Take your time,and find the spa that is comfortable for you and your family.  GL

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 10:45:15 pm »
A local electrician sold Sundance until last fall. He just sold his last tub, he said. No other dealer in state. There is a Caldera/HotSpring dealer and a Jacuzzi dealer but he is very inconveniently located. Thanks for asking.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 12:12:39 am »
We'll get ozone for sure but what do people think about the Marquis cartridge and bromine system v. what appears to be a measure and add system for Hot Spring?

Thanks in advance.

The reality is any spa can use bromine or a chlroine based system so that shouldn't really have any bearing on what spa you choose. Personally, I'm a big fan of using chlorine (I use it wiht Natue 2 as many do) but not a fan of bromine. I've run into many people who've tried bromine, switched to chlorine and were very happy to make the switch. However, I realize some like bromine so you can always start one way and switch at your first water change and try another method.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 08:10:32 am »

Thanks in advance.

BK,
I've been using the inline bromine & mineral cartridges since my Marquis Reward was installed in July. This system works well for me. Bromine doesn't have much of a smell (I noticed last night I couldn't smell it at all and strip test showed it was at optimal level) and maintenance is minimal.
They recommend replacing the bromine cartridge every couple of weeks but then I realized it's just a container for bromine tablets. It's cheaper to refill the cartridges. I have two now so one is always ready to be switched out.
I haven't found a substitute for the mineral cartridge but that only gets replaced at the water change.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 08:18:38 am »
Like Spatech said, concentrate on the spa itself, and don't worry about what chemical routine- you can use whatever you want in most any spa.  More important is to find the right spa and dealer then worry about what chemicals to use.

Brewman

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 08:25:03 am »
Bk, I also have the bromine system in my Epic. I think it has been a blessing for people new to this. It  at least helps guide you with the sanitization. My Epic reminds me when I should be changing the cartridge and I need all the help I can get!  I am sensitive to smells and when the tub is balanced, like Phil said, you get little to no chemical smell. It's not like I haven't messed my water up at all (like the last time I put a new cartridge in and didn't put it on the right setting!), but I think the spa frog makes things a bit more consistant and easier. My husband's boss keeps telling him how he loves chlorine, but since we are doing OK with the bromine, I am not going to  change.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 09:53:12 am »
If you like the features you find on the HotSpring and simplified water care is a concern for you, ask your dealer about the new system HotSpring has developed and is in the process of implementing.  It may be just what you're looking for.

Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cburk0677

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 03:34:42 pm »
Hi, I am brand new and am curious to know about the new Hotsprings water maintenance program you mentioned.

Is this something new for the 2006 models? Also does anyone know of a good place to look for patio designs? I am wanting to put in a patio this summer and then possibly put a hottub on it late this summer or sometime the following year. From what I have read so far it sounds like the Hotsprings Envoy would be a great tub to have.

Cburk
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 03:46:38 pm »
Welcome to the board! :)

There is a very nice Patio Planner online program at the HotSpring website that you might find useful.

As far as the water care program, all I can say at this point is that it is revolutionary and has received outstanding results in Beta tests over the last 2 years.  All 2005 and newer HotSpring Spas are modified to use it and it should be ready for introduction by mid-year.  I'm sorry I can't say more right now.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 03:46:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42