What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dynasty Spa - Paramount Deluxe  (Read 11443 times)

msims31s

Dynasty Spa - Paramount Deluxe
« on: January 14, 2006, 11:53:24 am »
Does anyone have any feedback on Dynasty Spa - Paramount Deluxe???
Are there any issues with the tv, dvd, stereo, etc and water ???
Looking to buy at a cost of $11,500 from a independent wholesaler in atlanta  8)  Any feedback on pricing ???
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 11:55:37 am by msims31s »

Hot Tub Forum

Dynasty Spa - Paramount Deluxe
« on: January 14, 2006, 11:53:24 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Dynasty Spa - Paramount Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 12:51:50 pm »
My Dynasty Spa is about to be three years old and is still used almost every day. In those 3 years, I have had 2 service issues handled perfectly by the manufacturer. They stand by their warranty.  I don't have a stereo or TV.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

msims31s

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 12:53:42 pm »
Thanks ;D

So you would recommend dynasty ???

msims31s

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 01:00:12 pm »
What were the 2 service issues ???

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 01:14:05 pm »
What were the 2 service issues ???

After about 15 months I had a problem with the control pak.  The breaker would trip whenever pump #2 came on.  So we didn't use pump #2 the 3 days it took them to bring out a new control pak.

Then a few months ago, I got a flow control error caused by a bad flow control switch.  Dynasty told me how to bypass it to keep the tub heating and had the part replaced the next day.

If I was buying today, I'd look at Dynasty if we still had a local dealer, we don't, long story, it is in the history here if you search back a ways.   At this point, my wife wouldn't let me replace the tub if someone gave us a brand new one for free as she, and I like this one well enough. You know that old saying, If it ain't broke don't fix it?  

Are you looking at a particular model?  Their new Advantage line? I liked the look of that one and my dealer, when he was still around practically gave me one to get them out in public. That was before they folded.

My sister in law has one that she is happy with.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

msims31s

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 01:30:08 pm »
Thanks for the info.

We are looking at the paramount deluxe with the tv, dvd, stereo, etc.

I have found 2 dealers in GA.  1 is a independent distributor and the other is in macon.

hotsprings is 9000 plus 1800 for stereo only.  this model is 11500 with tv, dvd, stereo, 54 jets, 3 - 5 hp pumps, etc.

Saw it at the atlanta boat show last night on a houseboat.

msims31s

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 01:35:57 pm »
Paramount Series

Paramount Series - Paramount Deluxe

Entertainment Never Felt So Good!
* 54 Stainless Steel Jets
* Roomy Seating for
* 3 5.0 bhp, 2 Speed Pumps
* Digital Control Panel
* Custom Molded Pillow
* 20" Self Rising, Cable Ready
  Monitor
* 2 Self Rising Kenwood™ 6 x 9
  Speakers
* AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA/
  Kenwood™ Stereo
* 250w Kenwood™ Amplifier
* Sirius™ Satellite Receiver
* Dolphin Remote
* 3 Waterfalls
* DVD Player
* Deluxe LED Lighting
* Sharp™ Monitors

Paramount Paramount Deluxe

Standard Features

20" Self Rising, Cable Ready Monitor
AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA/Kenwood Stereo
Circulation Pump
DVD Player
Dolphin Remote
Sirius Satellite Receiver
Powered Subwoofer
2 Self Rising Kenwood 6x9 Speakers
2 Kenwood 6" Speakers In Cabinet
250w Kenwood Amplifier
3 Waterfalls
LED Lighting

http:// http://dynastyspas.com/models/paramount.html

Saturday January 14, 2006
Copyright © 2005 Dynasty Spas. All Rights Reserved.
Dynasty Spas reserves the rights to make product modification and enhancements.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 02:00:30 pm by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 02:13:31 pm »

I should have read that in your oriinal post - Sorry.

This is the spa my dealer wanted to get me into after we had ours awhile.  I didn't get a chance to wet test, but there are a lot of things to like about this one. I thought the kenwood MP3 stereo sounded good in the store. The 3 pumps are strong ones, but if you compare Dynasty is one of a few that still quote breaking horsepower. The actual horsepower is something less than that, but they are good strong pumps.  My spa has the 2 -7hp pumps which I think are actually rated 4.6 continous horsepower.  Some people think strong pumps are over rated, but I'm not one of them .  You will love the foot jets in this tub, we love ours.   Dynasty has made some improvments over our design in this design.  In the lounger the legs go deeper in the water which should mean less flotation.  The also put the carpal tunnel jets in a better position. (They are worthless in my tub)   My lounger has jets that hit right behind the knees for most people. I have them turned off.   That corner seat has some jets that look like they would be great on the calves.   It also has a cool down seat, which mine doesn't.  The cool down seat is probably tops on the features I don't have but would want.   This tub uses the same neck jets as mine. I love them. They are too loud to use if you are trying to socialize, but if you have a tension headache in the back of your neck, they are worth their weight in gold. (However, that would be a wet test thing. If you are short, you may get splashed trying to use them.)  They added a 3rd waterfall.  On my tub I dislike that the waterfalls are tied to pump #1. When on low speed they are nice, but when pump #1 is on high they shoot halfway across the tub.  I'm not sure if this applies to this tub.  Waterfalls wouldn't factor in my decision.

If you do wet test I would love to hear your opinion. If they don't let you test a $11000 tub I would probably not buy.  ( I think they can come down in price somewhat, but the ones I looked at didn't have TVs. )

The only person I have ever seen who didn't like their Dynasty bought a Excalibur 5000 which had backlighted jets and they leaked.  I have the 4000 and still love it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 02:19:44 pm by wmccall »

msims31s

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 02:25:20 pm »
Thanks...is is great information.

Do you think 11,500 is a good price ???  The independent distributor that i have been working with says that normally they are 13500 to 14500 from a full dealer?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 02:33:42 pm »
Oh, I see they also have made all 3 pumps 2 speed. On mine only one is 2 speed. I would like this option.  How set are you on the TV?  While Dynasty has been great with the 5 year warranty, I don't think that applies to the entertainment system.  Up here in Ohio I wouldn't use the TV I don't think.  I like my water hot and couldn't stay in it long enough to watch an entire movie on a DVD.   All I can say about the price is it is inline with other 8 foot tubs with all that electronics.   For me, I sould take the money for the Tv and buy a projector to hook to my laptop. I could watch movies, or Buckeye Bowl victories on a much bigger screen.

msims31s

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 02:40:20 pm »
Thanks...you have been very helpful for someone new to the spa arena.  I think I can purchase the spa and be happy with it.

I think it will be a great addition to my new deck expansion overlooking the lake at my lake house.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 02:40:52 pm by msims31s »

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 03:09:01 pm »
I could watch ...... Buckeye Bowl victories on a much bigger screen.

would have to search long for 1 of those!!
whats a buckeye??? its a worthless nut  ;D :D ;D
just messing with you wmccall. when i was in ohio, i learned that little "joke" from a few people out there.
but ohio st did win a national championship a few years ago. see, im not just a basher  ;D ;D ;D
Marquis dealer

Duffman

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 09:51:16 am »
I included my assessment of Dynasty spas in the wet test report I created some months back. Hope this helps you in your search.

http://www.members.cox.net/duffman471/Spa_Wet_Testing_Analysis.htm

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 09:53:51 am »
Have you sat in the tub filled with water?   ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Duffman

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 10:06:18 am »
I wet tested every spa in my review

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 10:06:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42