What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Baqua Spa or Monarch Silver Cartridge  (Read 3168 times)

hawkman

Baqua Spa or Monarch Silver Cartridge
« on: January 06, 2006, 10:18:29 am »
I have a caldera spa. Do you perfer the Baqua Spa or the Monarch Silver Cartridge?  ???

Hot Tub Forum

Baqua Spa or Monarch Silver Cartridge
« on: January 06, 2006, 10:18:29 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Baqua Spa or Monarch Silver Cartridge
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:54:32 am »
I have a caldera spa. Do you perfer the Baqua Spa or the Monarch Silver Cartridge?  ???

The silver cartridge with some chlorine (don't belive it if they say you can go chlorine free) is the way I go and it's works great.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hymbaw

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 11:15:59 am »
Do you have ozone? If so, then silver is the only way to go. Ozone and biguinide dont get along so well, IMHO.

On second thought.........I'd still only go with silver. I'm not a huge fan of biguinide systems, though some have good luck w/them.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 07:47:11 pm »
STAY AWAY FROM BAQUA ...If you take poll of those have used I would think it would be "close" to 3 out 10 who liked it and still use it, while 7 people found it to be less than satisfying ...It is simply more costly and more work than other systems and with very few real benefits.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 07:47:38 pm by Mendocino101 »

hawkman

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 10:03:42 pm »
I got the Monarch today. My caldera filter compartment has like a 2" pvc pipe that sticks up and the filter slides over that. The only way the monarch cartdridge will fit is if I stick it in the tube.. It wont stay in the filter long enough to slide the filter onto the 2" pip sticking up. I hope it doesnt block the suction.. anyone have a 2004 Caldera Niagra?

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 07:02:29 pm »

The silver cartridge with some chlorine (don't belive it if they say you can go chlorine free) is the way I go and it's works great.

Hi, I have an artesian spa Dove Canyon and have used Soft soak and have had good results after a few months of finally getting the chemicals correct.  Only problem now is that my spouse gets sinus infections and we think it's from the Hot tub.  Can someone explain this Silver Cartridge and whether I could use it with my Dove Canyon.  I know I would have to dump the tub and start over but more informaton would be helpful as to how this works and amount of chlorine I would need to use.  Dove Canyon is 475 gals.  Thanks.
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 10:44:26 am »
Look at your skimmer basket. That ring in the center is where the nature 2 cartridge goes. Oops Sorry did I say Nature 2 I meant Monarch...Oh wait same thing...Sorry, we don't pay for "branding" in our store. Aside from that, it is sufficient to just lay the mineral purifier in the skimmer, there is no need for inserting the thing anywhere. As long as it is in the spa where the water is rapidly passing over it (the skimmer area) and being activated it works just fine.

I got the Monarch today. My caldera filter compartment has like a 2" pvc pipe that sticks up and the filter slides over that. The only way the monarch cartdridge will fit is if I stick it in the tube.. It wont stay in the filter long enough to slide the filter onto the 2" pip sticking up. I hope it doesnt block the suction.. anyone have a 2004 Caldera Niagra?

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 10:44:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42