What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First big portrait!  (Read 5299 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
First big portrait!
« on: December 28, 2005, 04:37:36 pm »
Ok I think I remember someone earlier asking for some pictures of my paintings. I've decided to share one only because the others are NOT as worthy as this painting I am sharing with you all. I painted our yellow lab Remington for my husband for Christmas (trying to get back to the basics of the holidays) and I could not believe how good this turned out!!! So.....without further ado.....Ladies and Gentlemen......Remington!

go to this site then....http://profiles.yahoo.com/lady_eowyn28
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 05:25:14 pm by Backpains »

Hot Tub Forum

First big portrait!
« on: December 28, 2005, 04:37:36 pm »

cappykat

Re: First big portrait!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 05:14:33 pm »
Backpains...I'm not getting any picture!
2005 Marquis Epic

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 05:29:04 pm »
Backpains that looks great

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 05:38:46 pm »
@#$%  that's good!!
2005 Marquis Epic

Backpains

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 05:40:43 pm »
@#$%  that's good!!

Thank you Cappy..can you believe I've only been painting for about 3 months?!?! I was just as surprised as everyone else. Hubby told me i underestimated my skills!

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 05:47:59 pm »
How did you start?  Have you been taking lessons?  My husband and I took lesssons years ago at Michael's.  Everyone always thought I had the talent until my husband started...he is much better than I am.

We really got into it, paints, brushes, etc.  Everything we did we gave away.  Haven't done anything in years.

Hopefully, it's therapeutic for you and helps take your mind off your pain.
2005 Marquis Epic

Backpains

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 06:04:53 pm »
Yes cappy it helps take my mind off the pain a bit. I started just as sketching with pencil and a sketch pad hubby thought I showed raw talent and gave me a starter painting kit for our anniversary and I just took it from there. I am learning fast but still can't do water or rocks in the water yet but...I think with time I'll get it going good!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 06:34:08 pm »
Backpains, You are really talented and your dog is beautiful! Art is wonderful therapy, keep up the good work!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

cappykat

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 06:37:36 pm »
If you've learned just from a starter kit, you do indeed have talent. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 06:37:57 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 07:00:40 pm »
I've often marveled at people with artistic ability; I have ZERO. My wife scratches her head at my inability because she's seen me take a picture of something fairly intricate and draw it almost to scale but take it away and give me nothing but a blank canvas and my mind to work from and this is about as much as I can come up with:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:VXO_NReWzhoJ:nations.planetjitsu.com/stickman

I can calculate statistics in my head to 2 decimal places in a snap without a calculator but I can't draw a tree without someone having to rotate the paper to try to figure out what the heck it is. I think all our brains are wired differently.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 11:16:13 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 11:11:45 pm »
Spatech...I'm kind of the same way.  I'm pretty artistic, I create jewelry.  I can draw pretty well as long as I have a picture to copy but without I'm not nearly as good.

We pretty amazing creatures, I'd say.

2005 Marquis Epic

Brookenstein

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 01:38:03 am »
I'm very impressed with your talent.  

I am not creative at all.  I have no fashion sense, no art ability, no interior design, can't even design a garden, pretty much good for nothing... well almost.   ;D

Backpains

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 09:43:18 am »
I'm sure brook you have a talent...it's somewhere inside everyone...like spatech you can do Complicated math which give me anything but add and subtract and I'm in full panic mode! Cappy you need to pick up a paintbrush again...as my hubby told me when I was ready to give up after my first attempt at a tree....it takes time to get good, Pacisso didn't get good overnight he practiced and practiced to get as good as he was. It is something I enjoy and am very pleased with the Remi protrait...in fact sooooo impressed I am now doing a portrait of the other two labs also next up my chocolate lab Jazz. Pictures coming as soon as I'm done with her!

Thank you all for the kind words!

cappykat

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 11:08:24 am »
HAAA!!!  I'm not sure I'd even know where to start it's been so long.  My husband bought me a keyboard about 6 months ago and I need to figure it out.  I play the piano but a keyboard is a different thing!  It's been sitting in the den and it's collecting dust!

Backpains, you are really good so we'll be expecting pictures as you finish each painting.  Thanks for sharing.

Brooke...I'm sure you are the BEST at that "almost".  ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

Brookenstein

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 06:43:32 pm »
I'm sure I have talent, I'm just waiting to find what it is in.  Right now I'm content with thinking it is just being a good mom.

Cappy, I wish I could say I'm the best at that, but I would highly doubt it with my limited experience.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 06:43:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42