What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decided to take advantage of a balmy 38 F ...  (Read 2224 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Decided to take advantage of a balmy 38 F ...
« on: January 01, 2006, 06:03:41 pm »
... to change my water.

As usual I was having a foam problem (life just wouldn't be the same without it) after having a kid's sleep over on Mon night.

I was living with it but am taking advantage of this warm weather.  My wife thinks it ridiculous that I need to change the water after a party but I figured what the heck. I doubt anyone else but us will be using the spa for a while.

I put through another chemical order through Doc and I picked up some anti foam and the Leisure Time enzyme so next time I'll be ready :D !

One word of caution to any newbie reading this, Murphy's Law hit and my 20 - 30 minute drain took over 1 hour. Somehow my 1 1/4" sump pump tube lost prime AFTER the tub was below the filter. This is the 3rd time I've changed the water this way and I didn't expect the  suction  to be lost.

Anyway it's about 6 PM and the water is 71F, at 4 to 5 F an hour I should be able to soak in about 5 to 6 hours!

Hot Tub Forum

Decided to take advantage of a balmy 38 F ...
« on: January 01, 2006, 06:03:41 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Decided to take advantage of a balmy 38 F ...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 06:37:45 pm »
I think its time you got a new tub.  You dont need all these headaches.   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 09:37:26 pm »
Ya know my wife really dislikes the tub!

She thinks it's a piece of crap because I lost 5 jets, "a $7,000 item isn't supposed to break"! I tried explaining to her that it's just the jets and that I may have gotten a bad set. AND their warrantied for three years as per my dealer ...

When I decided to change out the water today, she wasn't too happy that after a little heavier use I needed to drain and refill.

I can't wait to get this all down pat ... the rate I'm going it'll be another 5 or 6 years!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 11:17:39 pm »
I can't wait to get this all down pat ... the rate I'm going it'll be another 5 or 6 years!

Do you mean the spa or marraige?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 09:15:10 am »

Do you mean the spa or marraige?

The spa, I've been married for 25 years and just recently got that down pat ...  ;D

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 11:25:41 am »
Vinny,

Happy New Year to you. Sorry to hear that your wife is

not enjoying her new Artesain Spa. Is there anything I

can help you out with?

I've been away from this site for awhile, e-mail me if I

can be of assistance.  :-[

hottubber...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 12:01:42 pm »
Happy New Year to you too!

A lot of regulars have stopped coming by recently, myself included, hopefully it was because you were busy selling spas!

She just doesn't like it, she claims not to have the time ... her down time is watching TV, mine is soaking in the tub. She goes into the tub once or twice a month, my youngest about once a week, my oldest never goes in and I'm in it about every other day.

As far as the jets breaking, well my dealer is taking care of me so I really don't have any complaints.

I was going to stop into your Robbinsville store and see if you're around but since you haven't been posting I thought maybe you sold the business and retired to Florida at a nice young age. ;D

Welcome Back!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 12:01:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42