What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best HS seller  (Read 5319 times)

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
Best HS seller
« on: December 28, 2005, 06:53:17 pm »
I was just curious what the best selling Hot Tub was for 2005.

Hot Tub Forum

Best HS seller
« on: December 28, 2005, 06:53:17 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Best HS seller
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:47:07 am »
Traditionally it's been the Sovereign followed by the Prodigy.  The Sovereign is probably the world's all-time best selling spa model.

I can only speak for myself (and I haven't looked at the breakdown yet), but out of 140 spas I've sold this year, 41 of them were Envoys.  It really has taken off since it's introduction in 2004.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:39:27 am »
Out of 235 spas the #1 was Envoy at 39, your percentage of Envoys term, over sales is very impresive, every 3.5 of your customers buys an envoy while although my top seller, only one in six choose that spa.

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 12:01:06 pm »
At the HS dealer I worked at for many years, the Sovereign was traditionally the best seller until the Envoy was introduced.  Which makes sense if you figure that more people will buy medium size than large or small.  I remember a stat from many years ago that said that HS made more Sovereign models than many manufacturers made of their entire line.  Another interesting stat is if you figure HS has over 600 dealers and say they all average just 10 displays each, that means the HS has to make over 6000 units just to get their dealers' set.  That too is more than alot of manufacturers.

Measure once, cut twice.

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 12:15:27 pm »
I'm a bit surprized that the lounger model (Envoy) is selling better than the non-lounger (Vanguard). That tells me that more people prefer a lounger model over a non-lounging model.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 12:37:18 pm »
I'm a bit surprized that the lounger model (Envoy) is selling better than the non-lounger (Vanguard). That tells me that more people prefer a lounger model over a non-lounging model.

You're right.  One of the criteria that most people state when shopping is that the spa have a lounge in it.

Terminator

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 12:38:39 pm »
Out of 235 spas the #1 was Envoy at 39, your percentage of Envoys term, over sales is very impresive, every 3.5 of your customers buys an envoy while although my top seller, only one in six choose that spa.

Well, it is my favorite spa, so I'm sure I put a little extra "oomph" into the presentation when I'm talking about it. :)

Terminator

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 12:41:49 pm »
It isnt really, if you think about it.  The most popular spa configuration in the industry is generally the 7' w/ lounger model.  

"People tend to be more comfortable when they are reclined with their feet up.  Think about the Laz-Z-Boy recliner.  Noone sits with their feet on the floor, they reach down and pull the handle so their feet are elevated.  No recliner?  Pull the coffee table over." ( Boy, if I had a nickel for ever time I've said that)

Personal relaxation and comfort wins out over adding the extra person.
Measure once, cut twice.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 02:21:59 pm »
I find that alot of second time spa buyers who have had a lounge in their 1st spa choose to go with a non-lounge spa, stating that they did'nt use the lounge as much as they thought they would.

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 02:32:21 pm »
I agree.
Measure once, cut twice.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 03:42:14 pm »
ditto.....
after owning 2 with loungers we opted for the caldera niagra instead of the (forgot the model name) same tub with a lounger. i see that several people dont care for the "mini" lounger in the niagra. its not really a lounger as much a a good foot massager in between two seats. I have discovered that the volcano jet on the floor is the best footmassage ever!!!!

back on topic though, (sort of) i am mildly curious as to what is the best selling hot tub period, any brand. is there a source that compiles all sales or would you have to get it from manufacturers themselves?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 03:49:25 pm »
Obi wan, to my knowledge there is no such list, but salesdvl is right on about the number of spas, probably somewhat on the low side.  HotSpring went from 600,000 spas sold two years ago to producing their 700,000th spa about a month ago, so that should give you some indication of how many spas they are currently selling/year.

Terminator
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 03:54:20 pm by East_TX_Spa »

J._McD

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 06:12:52 pm »
ditto.....
after owning 2 with loungers we opted for the caldera niagra instead of the (forgot the model name) same tub with a lounger. i see that several people dont care for the "mini" lounger in the niagra. its not really a lounger as much a a good foot massager in between two seats. I have discovered that the volcano jet on the floor is the best footmassage ever!!!!

back on topic though, (sort of) i am mildly curious as to what is the best selling hot tub period, any brand. is there a source that compiles all sales or would you have to get it from manufacturers themselves?

This is probably one of the most guarded secrets in the industry, because nobody really discloses the certifiable truth about it, not even the acrylic suppliers, but then Hot Springs and a few other leaders don't use as much acrylic as others do.

But then, I have heard this so much that even I am begining to believe it, a HS salesperson told me, and this was said to be public knowledge in the industry, that they were number one in the world, without a doubt, the single largest Hot Tub manufacturer.

Now then, this is the subject of great debate with at least 25 others alleging that they are the rightful #1 manufacturer in the industry, and this could be considered verifiable because you have all been to these places before and they told you too.

I would prefer to know just who are the "certified few" that can claim to be the top 10 or 20 manufacturers out of the 140+ manufacturers in this industry.  But then that leads us to the issue of just how would we establish the criteria to certify such truthful submissions. ;D

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 12:00:54 pm »
not to be overly simplistic, but why is the info so hard to find? are these manufacturers publicly traded? if so, the annual reports should have the basic production #'s in them. even some privately held companies publish thier #'s.
if i ran the #1 production company of hot tubs, that would be really emphasised in all the marketing literature. i dont know about HS by itself, but i would assume watkins to be the largest maker of tubs.
I wonder why all the secrecy??

salesdvl

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 12:21:33 pm »
Because if 10 different companys can boast being number#1, why would they disclose the real numbers and chance ending up being #7.  The criteria used can be a variable as well.  Sundance may not be the actual highest producer but because they are owned by the same parent company as Jacuzzi, they can now say "we" are the biggest.  OR maybe Cal Spa because they produce grills, pool tables, gazebos etc.. can say "we are the largest" because their year end "units" is the largest.  I remember many years ago going to visit the D-1 factory and they used the "we are the largest privately owned" phrase.

(numbers and companys used as examples only, not intended to ruffle any feathers or start a side debate)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 12:23:14 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 12:21:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42