What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: what's your vacuum of choice?  (Read 13001 times)

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
what's your vacuum of choice?
« on: November 23, 2005, 06:48:37 pm »
what do you use to vacuum stuff from the bottom - grit, dirt, etc.?

Is there any trade trick besides a vacuum?

Hot Tub Forum

what's your vacuum of choice?
« on: November 23, 2005, 06:48:37 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: what's your vacuum of choice?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 07:06:22 pm »
what do you use to vacuum stuff from the bottom - grit, dirt, etc.?

Is there any trade trick besides a vacuum?

Spa tip #47:

Any time you top off the spa with water fill to about ˝" higher than you actually want it. When you've reached that point leave the end of the hose submerged in the water, go unscrew the hose at the faucet on the house and set the hose onto the gorund. The water will automatically start to back out ofteh spa as you'll have created a siphon. This allows you to then take the hose that is in the spa and use it as a water vacuum. Make sense?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 02:07:08 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 08:19:47 pm »
I like spa tip #47.  The few times I have needed a vac, the siphon works real well.

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 02:31:00 am »
I use a Hydropool spa with it's own built in 'Self-Cleaning Floor'. Works like a charm so far!

(I know this doesn't really answer your question but I am a new owner and need any reason to justify the massive cost outlay, hehe.)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 04:53:39 am »
My little transfer pump I use to help during the drain process works well for sucking all the gunk off the bottom. Then top off.
Retired

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 09:18:06 am »
This is the right day to tell you about  this. I use a turkey baster.  2-3 bucks at Wal Mart

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Hot Spring Spa Vac?
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 11:44:00 am »
Anybody ever try one of these?  How much do you sell them for Terminator?

http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/jpgs/spa_vac.jpg

Hot Spring Spa Vac
The Hot Spring Spa Vac cleans dirt, gravel, leaves and other debris without draining your spa. This self-contained, simple-to-use water vacuum requires no pumping, batteries or water hook-ups. The telescopic aluminum pole makes it easy to remove debris from hard-to-reach areas. Use it on your swimming pool steps and in fountains, too.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
Re: Hot Spring Spa Vac?
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 02:36:04 pm »
Anybody ever try one of these?  How much do you sell them for Terminator?

http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/jpgs/spa_vac.jpg

Hot Spring Spa Vac
The Hot Spring Spa Vac cleans dirt, gravel, leaves and other debris without draining your spa. This self-contained, simple-to-use water vacuum requires no pumping, batteries or water hook-ups. The telescopic aluminum pole makes it easy to remove debris from hard-to-reach areas. Use it on your swimming pool steps and in fountains, too.

Yes - works great.  Around $50.  I have the HS one but there are other similar ones available.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 02:41:54 pm »
I use a turkey baster as well and no it's not the same one I used on dinner today..

The grit gitter also works but costs more, with either you have to be in the spa to use them so I chose the turkey baster.

Kelly

• Hot Springs Accolade!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 08:09:41 am »
I've got one of the HS vacs (couldn't get the dealer to budge on the price, but at least got the vac & steps thrown in). They do work, but a siphon w/ the garden hose would prob. work just as well.

Debra

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 08:59:36 am »
The turkey baster worked well for us too.  And cheap!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 02:03:56 pm »
This is a good one that's great for getting stuff out when standing outside of the tub:
Water Blaster
It doubles as a water cannon too!  I happened to have one on the boat for water battles and found that it works great in the tub as well. 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 12:55:26 am »
I rigged one of those "Paint Rollers" from Home Depot (About $10) by removing the roller.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 10:40:08 am »
I would reccommend shopping different types of vacs and finding the vac that works best for you and your family. Don't let yourself get pressured into buying what someone else thinks is best.  The key is trying them out and seeing for yourself. I would say the ones that work on suction are the easiest and are very effective. Have fun in your search and let us know which one you picked!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 10:58:32 am »
I would reccommend shopping different types of vacs and finding the vac that works best for you and your family. Don't let yourself get pressured into buying what someone else thinks is best.  The key is trying them out and seeing for yourself. I would say the ones that work on suction are the easiest and are very effective. Have fun in your search and let us know which one you picked!

While this is good advise, you can immediately eliminate many if you remember one thing. ONLY buy a full foamed vac. A full foam vac is much better than a TP vac. A full foam vac will require less energy to operate and will be less prone to leaks.

You may also want a vac that produces a nice waterfall. I'd stay away from vacs with lounges in them for obvious reasons.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 10:58:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42