What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa robe online  (Read 16498 times)

goingwarp

• nothin like tubbin after a long day
spa robe online
« on: December 17, 2005, 03:07:02 pm »
Does anyone know of any good online sites for spa / hot tub robes

Hot Tub Forum

spa robe online
« on: December 17, 2005, 03:07:02 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: spa robe online
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 03:09:19 pm »
I have tried and tried to find a good source for a high end robe and cannot....I wanted to carry them......If you have any luck...Please let me know....

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 03:50:00 pm »
What would you be willing to pay for a really nice, high quality robe? I have a source, but have resisted from carrying them due to the cost.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 04:23:02 pm »
What would you be willing to pay for a really nice, high quality robe? I have a source, but have resisted from carrying them due to the cost.

I wonder how High End you want to go.  We are looking to buy our 2nd set of robes.  Ours are shot. Mine is probably worse as I've probably spilled chemicals on mine a few time.  Ours get a lot of wear and tear, so I just look for a semi-plush terry cloth one.  We bought our first ones from the Big and Tall (I'm both) catalog at JCPenny.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 04:50:05 pm »
If you don't mind it saying "HotSpring", you can order one on our website at www.ilovemyspa.com.  They're very, very nice and thick.  I believe they're $80.  We gave some away as door prizes at our VIP Night and they were a big hit.  I'll find a pic.

Terminator
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 05:47:32 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 05:03:58 pm »
Just bought a nice, thick, heavy robe for my wife from Sears.....$70 marked down to $42.  They had other nices ones a little less expensive as well.  Not online but it was just what I was searching for.  Good luck.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

J._McD

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 05:13:41 pm »
We purchased a couple of shipments of 14oz. plush terry cloth robes with our crest embroidered on them and sent them to customers that referred business to us.  They were plush robes and would be considered very nice.  We commonly referred to them as "Regency" robes as they were not cheap robes either in cost or in the look.  We still have a precious few that we use for wet testing.

Our supplier dissolved into thin air when it was time to reorder them and it has been difficult to find a robe that compares to it at a reasonable cost.  We have handled a few other robes since them, but most people want them included in the transaction for free as "negotiations" continue.

My boss, my wife, won't let me reorder them even if I could find them because she didn't want to be in the "robe" business because of too many comments from people.  They absolutely loved the plush robe, and when they noticed the price we had on them, $80 they either wanted them free or were offended that we would suggest they should pay a price for them.  Their usual retort was, they could find a better robe elsewhere.  Incidently, that was $15 over our cost.

We have since then found the same 14 oz. robe at a very exclusive place that sell's them very sucessfully at $149.95.  I guess it is the type of business your in, exclusive place's don't negotiate, you either pay, or you do without.

If you are looking for a resource for robes, you can PM me, but what you will be looking for is a 12 ounce or a more luxurious 14 ounce cotton, terry cloth robe, plus shipping.  Natural cotton or egyptian cotton
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 05:30:05 pm by J._McD »

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 05:39:33 pm »
Shh!  Just bought wifey a pale yellow terry cloth robe at JC Penney's for $20.  ;D  Not real thick, but decent.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Anoroc

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 05:43:30 pm »
I just give my wife a comforter and tell her to stop whining :D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 05:46:05 pm »
What I was hoping for...is some really high end robes...not what you would find at a Penny's or Sears ....not that there is anything wrong in any way with them..I was just just trying to find something very rich and elegant something that is uncommonly plush....If its not than it makes no sense for us to offer them...

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 07:23:59 pm »
Some time ago I found some of the most plush hooded terry cloth robes I've ever seen. They were literally almost an inch thinc...... Problem was, I'd have to sell them for close to $200................. got a NICE free sample out of the inquiry though  ;D
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2005, 08:01:05 pm »
Doc,

That inch thick robe sounds like a great anniversary gift, but it would be over kill for our indoor spa.  We had our 32nd in October.  ;)

I bet there are a couple of tub lovin' males out there who would gladly pay for a luxurious robe for their lovers.  ;D

I hate shopping or I would still be looking.  The Penney's robe will do for indoors, but if outdoors, I would want a thicker one.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2005, 08:33:02 pm »
IMO, if you are going to offer robes, you ought to go for the high end products and charge the big bucks.  Anything else is too easily shopped down and around.

High quality robes are not easily found.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2005, 08:35:37 pm »
Doc and J_MCD...
That's what I am looking for the real upper end robe.....again....I shop at sears and Penny's and when I am buying for me....I would be fine....we just want to try and offer that something extra that you do not see most places...

J._McD

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2005, 10:00:07 pm »
Doc and J_MCD...
That's what I am looking for the real upper end robe.....again....I shop at sears and Penny's and when I am buying for me....I would be fine....we just want to try and offer that something extra that you do not see most places...

I did some looking and came up with these leads.  I will also check out our billing invoice for the source we had.  I think maker was in the Southeast in the Carolina's, I will let you know.  But these may give you some ideas.  One is very pricey.

http://www.nilevalleylinens.com/robes.htm
http://www.thelinenclosetonline.com/Yves-Delorme/yd-etoile-bath.htm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000686I6G/ref=cm_cr_dp_pt/104-3372017-4030332?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=1036592&s=apparel
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 10:38:45 am by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2005, 10:00:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42