What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Adding chemicals  (Read 11518 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Adding chemicals
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 02:28:30 am »
My owners manual and the sticker under the filter compartment says the same thing.  They both say to add chemical in the filter compartment.  Does your spa owners manual say something different?

So what do we do? Should we follow the owners manual or a sticker under the filter cover? I wonder why the manufacturer  would tell you one thing and then another?   :-/

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 02:28:30 am »

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 08:47:19 am »
My wife would kill me if I used the kitchen measuring cup for the MPS, so can anyone guess how much the cap holds?

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2005, 09:37:40 am »
My wife would kill me if I used the kitchen measuring cup for the MPS, so can anyone guess how much the cap holds?

Dude,
Buy your own set of measuring spoons for the tub.  I keep my 1 tsp sitting on top of the dichlor for easy apres-soak additions and the 1 tbsp is kept close by for shocks, etc.  If you can afford a tub, you can afford some measuring spoons! 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Anoroc

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2005, 11:09:52 am »
Gomboman- mine says the same thing about putting in chemicals in the filter comparment.  I was told that there is more water movement there.

I suppose it shouldnot matter too much either way.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2005, 11:22:06 am »
Dude,
Buy your own set of measuring spoons for the tub.  I keep my 1 tsp sitting on top of the dichlor for easy apres-soak additions and the 1 tbsp is kept close by for shocks, etc.  If you can afford a tub, you can afford some measuring spoons! 8)

Dollar Store!

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2005, 12:09:51 pm »
I have the measuring spoons, thanks!

What I am trying to determine is how much is an ounce?

Comeon Vinnie, you are usually the one who can cut through all the technical bull and tell it like it is.  

Heck, just yesterday you were talking about sprinking on the center of the moving water

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2005, 12:19:05 pm »
A dry ounce is two Tablespoons or six Teaspoons. Two ounces is a 1/4 of a cup.  I hate the english system.  

http://www.ez-calculators.com/measurement-conversion-calculator.htm

I have the measuring spoons, thanks!

What I am trying to determine is how much is an ounce?

Comeon Vinnie, you are usually the one who can cut through all the technical bull and tell it like it is.  

Heck, just yesterday you were talking about sprinking on the center of the moving water

« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 12:44:50 pm by Gomboman »

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2005, 12:29:44 pm »
Thanks Gomboman.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2005, 02:11:56 pm »
orlandoguy,

All that info is in the Taylor book and I did give you this info earlier in this thread,  Gomboman is rehashing it and taking my thunder ... oh well as long as the info gets out there!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 02:13:46 pm by Vinny »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2005, 04:52:15 pm »
Measuring spoon are a dollar store item.  Also a 35mm film container is slightly more that 2 tablespoons.  That how I measure and apply my MPS.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2005, 12:49:30 am »
Sorry Vinny, I was just answering his question.  Didn't realize you already answered his question previously.  I was in scan mode.

orlandoguy,

All that info is in the Taylor book and I did give you this info earlier in this thread, ?Gomboman is rehashing it and taking my thunder ... oh well as long as the info gets out there!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2005, 09:16:29 am »
That's OK, I realized that I forgot the  ;D to show I was goofing!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2005, 10:54:44 pm »
My owners manual and the sticker under the filter compartment says the same thing.  They both say to add chemical in the filter compartment.  Does your spa owners manual say something different?

I have a Envoy and the dealer told me ALWAYS add chems to filter compartment with all pumps on high.(max water movement there) Let the pumps run for 15min -- 30min when shocking . She said if you put chemicals in tub the chems could mark or stain the shell if they didnt get mixed up and completely disolved.

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2005, 10:33:01 am »
This could be true.  If my chemicals have lumps, I break them up.

This sounds much more feasable than the argument about bromine floaters being bad because they can get stuck aginst the shell and burn through the shell.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2005, 07:19:46 am »

I did use her measuring spoons the 1st time.  Boy did I get yelled at! :'( Won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Still don't see the big deal.  One trip through the dishwasher and it is ready for food use.  :-X
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2005, 07:19:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42