What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospa update  (Read 11669 times)

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thermospa update
« on: December 22, 2005, 06:58:49 am »
Well, the tub was delivered Dec. 6th. a 1000lb monster.  Three of us got the tub to its location without too much problem,  with the exception, a broken trim strip, which was replaced.  The installers also mounted the cover lifter abit un square, but are comming back to correct that.   We filled the tub and I was tubbing that night.  We have been using the tub nightly for about three weeks.  Its really cold here, but seems like the colder the outside temp., the more enjoyable the soak.  It has great jet location and plenty of power.  It has a  variable throttle turn will turn the jets up and almost blow you out of your seat.  I was really apprehensive about buying a Thermospa after reading all of the negative post here, but I must  say, that we are really enjoying the tub.  It seems really constructed well and is very solid.  It ashame that there price is higher than others because I'm sure that prevents others from considering the Thermospa.  The water chemistry is alittle intimdating to me, but I probably will get the hang off it after abit.  One thing I wasn't prepared for was the cost of chemicals.  When one buys a hot tub you must be aware that not only will your electric cost increase, but also be prepared to spend money on chemicals.  Overall, I am please with the Concord Deluxe Thermospa and will keep this forum posted on any new developments.  

Hot Tub Forum

Thermospa update
« on: December 22, 2005, 06:58:49 am »

rick_in_cleveland

Re: Thermospa update
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 07:56:21 am »
Don't buy your chemicals from thermospa.  Find a local dealer or use the Net.  It will save you many $$$$$

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 08:01:49 am »
I highly recommend the Doc for information and merchandise.

www.rhtubs.com

Good luck with your tub.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 08:51:49 am »
Teach,

Congrats on the tub! I hope it works out well for you and your familly.

:)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 09:10:27 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 09:02:49 am »
Just goes to show you that whatever people say - it's just their opinion!

Enjoy your new tub!

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 10:55:16 am »
Good advice from Rick. Most Pool & Spa dealers offer free water testing and can get you into a routine that works for you.

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 01:37:18 pm »
Thanks for sharing Teach.  I think alot of the bad press goes back to the fact that an unhappy customer will tell 10 people about their bad experience were as a happy customer may tell 2 about his good experience.  I am sure Thermospa sells a lot of spas to happy owners but unfortunately we only get to see the negatives on this board.  I also agree with you about their price...you would think it would be lower than a local spa dealer if they are truly cutting out the middle man.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 01:58:42 pm »
I think if you go back you'll find the bad press was more about their selling techniques, price and after delivery service.

07 Caldera Geneva

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 02:47:45 pm »
Right on Drew.

They had a great tub and I would have bought one (after a wet test) if they hadn't priced themselves out of the market and the salesman had a smaller mouth and bigger ears.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 07:30:37 pm »
Right on Drew.

They had a great tub and I would have bought one (after a wet test) if they hadn't priced themselves out of the market and the salesman had a smaller mouth and bigger ears.

I really don't think that their off in price by that much - a loaded Piper Glen is about $11,000 and I would think that all the higher end tubs (D1 Bay series or Sundance Maxus) approach that figure. If I remember correctly, teach paid about $12,000 which is close enough in price to any higher end tub.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 12:23:42 am »
Vinny,
You are corrrect in the comparison of price. But, being in the field, working on new and old Thermo Spas weekly, I can say there is a huge difference. Thermo is not a D-One, Artesian, Hot springs, Sundance or Marquis. It is a average quality spa marked up incredibly, to pay for the huge cost of the infomercials and extremely high salesman commissions. Their commission sales people are merely paid a par commision, a flat fee if the spa is sold at the lowest price drop. But, if the spa is sold for $3,000 over par, then the salesman splits the overage with Thermo Spas. They get par plus a $1500 overage split.  So, depending on how hard you press, the price of the spa could drop as much as $4,000 during the sales pitch. $12,000 could drop to $8,000. They last price drop usually involves the salesman calling the manager, on the phone who is then told, unbelievably, that a customer just canceled a sale today, for the same exact model and color. And if they act now and buy that spa tonight, we could save you $2500. If people survive the must buy it tonight sales approach and make it into showrooms after the high pressure presentation, then they see what their money can really get them. Three years ago, a gentleman from my church, found out too late, that I was in the spa business. After stepping into my showroom and seeing what he could have for a reasonable amount of money, he confessed he had purchased a T-Spa just 2 months earlier. He pushed to the last price drop and for $6900. purchased a one pump 82" spa, with just 20 jets. The spa did "not" come with a lifter, ozonator or LED Light. He said he could not afford the extra options, as they wanted $500 more for the ozonator alone. I did install a ozonator, cover lifter and LED Light for him. His stripped down $6900 1 pump spa, offered less than our more powerful 82" 29 Jet Island Antiqua, with 1 pump,which sells in the $5,000s. Yet we include the ozonator, lifter and LED Light. The fellow was even told that if he purchased chemicals from anyone but Thermo Spas, it would void his warranty.The good news is, any spa purchased in the home, does fall under the 3 day right to rescind/cancel. Which gives a consumer 3 business days after a "in-home" purchase, to cancel a contract.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 08:51:13 am »
 "....The fellow was even told that if he purchased chemicals from anyone but Thermo Spas, it would void his warranty.

:o
Forcing them to buy chemcials from them is really sticking it to them.

I have a feeling this would not hold up in court, (automotive industry lost that battle)  but then again, who wants that hassel?    
07 Caldera Geneva

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 04:43:56 pm »
The Thermospa we liked was the Park Avenue but at $14,000 it was way over priced, considering that the cover, installation & start up chemicals were extra.  :o

>:( They tried to bait and switch me the next day by offering a Concord with cover for $13,000 because it was "cancelled and would only be available to me for a short time because you and your wife are good people".  BS  

If you come in contact with anyone from Thermospa, put your fingers in your ears and run like hell to a real dealer.

We bought a Jacuzzi J-385 for $8,000 (no payments, no interest for 12 months) including a cover, installation, start up chemicals and booster seat for my wife and we are very satisfied with the spa AND the dealer.   ;)

You don't always get what you pay for.  That is why you need to shop and compare and also why the dealer is as important as the spa.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 05:02:03 pm »
Vinny,
You are corrrect in the comparison of price. But, being in the field, working on new and old Thermo Spas weekly, I can say there is a huge difference. Thermo is not a D-One, Artesian, Hot springs, Sundance or Marquis. It is a average quality spa marked up incredibly...

Dave,

Since you sell the best spa made and I bought the best spa value there is ... how can anything compare! ;)

All joking aside, I know what your saying but only a professional can tell the difference between an OK spa and a great spa; as a consumer, I can't. I went to a lot of dealers to see what's out there and they all sold the best. The D1 dealer that I went to didn't even show me his at home series, all he talked about was the higher end D1's.

In the original post by teach, I believe he stated that he got everything included (I could be wrong) and he liked the Thermo spas that his friends have (wet test). If he walked into the stores I did and asked to see a $12,000 spa - he would have seen the highest end spas that are sold.

How does a consumer tell if a spa is mediocre quality verses high quality? Even here you pros don't agree.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 08:54:59 am by Vinny »

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 09:27:42 pm »
Hi Vinny,
What is the best spa? There is no single best spa. There are about 10 companies, that I would put in the "Best Spa" category. For the consumer, it is about finding the best spa for their family. The best in meeting their needs, like budget, performance, quality, features, size, depth, comfort level, level of during and after sale service, therapeutic needs, etc. I have never touted my brand as best on this forum, but as a great choice and I recommend wet testing, to see if it is best for you. I am very proud of the brand I sell, as most folks on this forum are. If I came off a little strong against T-Spa, then I appologize. Afterall, Teach was trying to give us a update on his T-Spa experience and we all appreciate his input. As most have negative things to say about the brand, it was good to hear a positive experience from a recent buyer of that brand. I have been servicing spas since 1985 and yes I have only been retailing spas from my own store since 2001, so I always consider my self, a  spa tech first before salesman. Being from New Jersey, I have worked on 100's of T-Spas and have never put them down on quality. I stated, in my opinion, thay were of average quality, not up there with brands that I mentioned and I stand by that. My big beef, was not with the quality, but with their selling tactics. The In-Home Must Buy Tonight High Pressure Sales Tactics and prices that are "not" based on a set scale, but based upon how much money the salesman desires to make on that person, really bothers me. Some folks don't shop and don't know that T-Spas has a few price drops built in. If they bought at the opening price from the Salesman, thay may have paid about $3-4000, more than the par price. I think that is wrong, to take advantage of nice people that way. Our prices are set and stay the same all year, until the manufacturers raise its prices, usually the 1st of the year. If your brother comes in for a price, he gets the same price, I quoted you 2 months ago, everyone gets the same price. All of our spas come standard with features people want, like cover, Hydraulic lifter, steps, chemicals, LED Light,Resin Cabinets, Delivery, Setup and Indoctrination. There is nothing to haggle about, it is all there. Whether my method is right or the best way, it works for me and I think people appreciate that they are getting everything they need, at the best price. And get what they deserve, great service. Everyone has different therapy needs and reasons for a purchasing a spa, so as always wet test and shop locally to find the
"Best Spa" for your family. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 09:27:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42