What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Artesian Dealers and Users  (Read 14935 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Question for Artesian Dealers and Users
« on: December 22, 2005, 07:25:07 pm »
I've owned my tub now for about 6 months now and have gone through 5 waterway jets, the plastic tabs that hold them in place break off. It only happens on the swirly jets on the quasi lounger of my tub.

I know of 1 other person here had a problem with his jets and had them replaced. My dealer claims that I'm her only customer having problems with the jets. I don't close the jets off and have the pump force the water out of 1 jet (one of her questions), I go into the tub and the tab is broken off.

Are you Artesian dealers and owners having any problems with jets?

My dealer is being good about it and she claims she'll warranty them for the 3 years. I'm just curious about it.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Question for Artesian Dealers and Users
« on: December 22, 2005, 07:25:07 pm »

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Question for Artesian Dealers and Users
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 07:30:37 pm »
Vinny,
I have the Artesian Emerald for about 6 months and have had no problem--would recommend this spa to anyone.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 07:36:15 pm »
I think it's a problem with the Island series. The Gold and Platinum use larger Waterway jets than the Island.

I originally was blaming the kids for breaking the jets by twisting them on/off but they don't touch the jets any more and I'll go into the tub and touch a jet and it falls out into my hand! You got to hear my wife! :o

I heard Artesian had a problem with jets, I was wondering how wide spread it was ... and when will it stop! ???
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 07:36:44 pm by Vinny »

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 08:40:43 pm »
Hey Vinny!
My piper glen has been problem free since may. I just lost one of the digital lights in one headrest, that it. I think my tub get les use than yours. I am the one in it almost every night. My wife is either to busy or too tired. Our kids are older and on thier own, !!!! good luck!
john

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 09:12:28 pm »
Hey Vinny!
My piper glen has been problem free since may. I just lost one of the digital lights in one headrest, that it. I think my tub get les use than yours. I am the one in it almost every night. My wife is either to busy or too tired. Our kids are older and on thier own, !!!! good luck!
john

John,

I use it about every other night so ... you got me beat, my wife and kids don't use it at all. She went in it tonight and with a 102 F tub she said it was too hot - she doesn't enjoy it at all!

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 10:43:24 pm »
Hi Vinny,
We have sold the heck out of Island Series Spas this year. We have replaced a total of 16 snap-in Waterway Jets Internals, on Island Series. A fairly low number for the number of spas sold. Like you though, all of the jets replaced were due to the broken nipples, which hold the jets in place. Interesting point, 12 of the 16jets were for the same customer. Was it a bad batch or is it the customer taking them out or turning them on and off with force? Not sure, maybe both.He did state that he turns them off frequently and does sometimes remove them. Waterway, which makes jets for about half of the spa manufacturers, did say they beefed up and strengthened the 2 nipples on the jets, that hold the jet in place. Those new jets started hitting the streets in  September. So, any new jets you have recieved lately are the new style. The dealer you purchased from are some real nice people, they do a great job taking care of their customers. It is possible you may have another defective jet or two, if so they will replace it, without question. Were your problem jets, the large face spinner? Just curious. Dave.

OC_Spas

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 10:59:20 pm »
Vinny,

I"m a dealer for Artesian and Jacuzzi spas. In the last 12 months, I have replaced 7 jets (all Island series) due to broken tabs. Four of them were for the same customer and all four came from one seat. That seat is 1 of 2 that operates off of pump #1 and my customer indicated that he frequently diverts the entire output of the pump to just that one seat. I don't know if the tabs aren't designed to take all that volume/pressure at one time or if there was a faulty batch of jets. I have also seen a broken tab the first time a jet was removed, prior to to the first water fill.  None of the replacement jets have failed. Although jet inserts are not covered under warranty, Artesian has provided replacements at no charge.

When Jacuzzi introduced their J-300 series in 2002, there  were issues with broken tabs/jets popping out until the plastic was reformulated to be stronger. Jacuzzi also did the right thing and provided the replacement jets under warranty.

mark_in_calif

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 10:59:32 pm »
Hi Vinny- we have had our Dove Canyon for 5 months now and havent had one problem at all (knock on wood).
We use it about 4 nights a week.

fletch49

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 11:18:42 pm »
Vinny - I don't own an Artesian spa, but my spa has waterway jets and I have had a huge problem with the tabs breaking off.

The company that manufactured my tub has acknowledged that Waterway jets were so much of a problem that, in fact, they designed their own jets.

My tub is 12 months old, and I have had to replace about 12 jets due to the tab.

I initially asked the owner of the store what he thought of Waterway jets, and he didn't acknowledge the problem. He implied that I might be too forceful with the jets??

I then asked a few of the sales guys and they gave me a fairly honest answer - waterway jets have issues.

I was just at my dealer tonight to buy chemicals and someone walked in with a bag full of waterwater jets that was being replaced under warranty.  

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 11:38:38 pm »
Vinny,   Artesian stinks, I told you not to buy that brand.   ;)   ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 11:38:58 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 11:46:16 pm »
Hey salesdvl,
You did say they were copying LA Spas, maybe so. ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 11:49:56 pm by NJDave »

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 12:39:50 am »
LA does use Waterway jets....... we just call it our "automatic jet relocation system".   ;)

Actually we did get a memo on the problem.  It was isolated in a small lot of jets that we got so it wasnt a big deal.
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 07:09:36 am »
NJDave,

Yes, it's the larger spinner jets on the controller side seats.

I try to keep all the seats working all the time and yes there are times the jets are turned down. But I've read what back pressure can due to those pumps so I make sure that most of the jets stay open.

My dealer is taking care of me and hopefully as I replace the jets the problem will go away.

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 10:41:42 am »
Vinny, we have had our GB now for over a year and still love it.  We have replaced 3-4 of the jets for the same reason as you, but that was months ago.  We haven't replaced any for probably 10 months or so.  We still use it everyday for 40 minutes or so, and leave all the jets on on every seat.
  The lounger is still my favorite seat wth the waterfall seat my wif's favorite.  Exactly opposite of the lounger.  Glad your dealer is taking care of you.  Take care and have fun.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 02:30:46 pm »
Vinny,   Artesian stinks, I told you not to buy that brand.   ;)   ;D

Oh so that's how it is ... turning your back on me when you USED TO sell Artesian ... That's OK my friend in the Midwest was asking about spas and I originally told him to look at LA but have informed him that they become infested with rats  due to the type of foam they use...  ::) ;D      

Oh wait their thermopane, so nevermind :D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 02:30:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42