What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature 2  (Read 3903 times)

friar96

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Nature 2
« on: December 21, 2005, 11:21:53 am »
Do the experts think that using this product is a good addition to water chemistry?  Just saw it on spadepot and heard about it from a Hawkeye dealer.  I will have a HS Envoy soon and would like some insight.  Thanks for the help!

Friar

Hot Tub Forum

Nature 2
« on: December 21, 2005, 11:21:53 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Nature 2
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 11:33:09 am »
It didn't do a thing for me!

I used dichlor instead of MPS as my regular dose and shocked with dichlor.

My results were the same as without using N2.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 11:37:50 am »
It is a good addition to the spa but it certainly isn't the be all and end all. Will you recoup the cost of it with chemical savings? No, but it does help and if you know what it's like to feel the frustration that some people have in caring for their water I say it's well worth the $60-$90 per year in cost (IMO).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 02:15:27 pm »
I've used N2 in my Envoy (with ozone) for over a year now.  I uses 2 tbls of MPS with each use and shock with 3 tbls of DiChlor each week.   I also use Stain and Scale control 2 oz. once a week the day after I shock.  I clean the filters monthly or more often if required.  

No water problems to date whether we use the spa 7 days a week or skip a week.

The only other thing I add is Ph down since my water is high in alkilinity.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 04:25:46 pm »
It is a good addition to the spa but it certainly isn't the be all and end all. Will you recoup the cost of it with chemical savings? No, but it does help and if you know what it's like to feel the frustration that some people have in caring for their water I say it's well worth the $60-$90 per year in cost (IMO).

I agree.  I add about a tsp dichlor to my 485 gallon spa after use but its in between uses that I feel the value is.  I can go days in between uses with a N2 cartridge without the water going bad.  You can certainly get by for less money without it, but it makes a nice companion to dichlor.  Some do, but I would not use it with only MPS in place of chlorine.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 04:36:57 pm »

I agree.  I add about a tsp dichlor to my 485 gallon spa after use but its in between uses that I feel the value is.  I can go days in between uses with a N2 cartridge without the water going bad.  You can certainly get by for less money without it, but it makes a nice companion to dichlor.  Some do, but I would not use it with only MPS in place of chlorine.

I was using 2 tsp for 400 gallons and still got only 2 days from the dichlor dosing ... maybe I need Poland Springs water ???

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 04:57:35 pm »
I had a lot of problems with my water using just Dichlor. When I swithed to N2 and Dichlor my water has been great for 3 month now.  Plus I am using about half the Dichlor I was without the N2.  I have not used MPS with the N2, just Dichlor and Stain and Scale remover.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 05:03:04 pm »
HS Envoy comes with Nature 2 as standard equipment.  I took the silver ion exchanger out for a week or two and definitely noticed a difference. So, I use the silver ion exchange system and am glad to have it.  My Envoy has an ozonator and I use dichlor for sanitizing.

Regards,

Bill

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 07:14:08 pm »
Hey Bill,

I know you're a chemical engineer.

What would be the factors that makes N2 work in your tub and not mine? Water with PH OK, calcium around 160 PPM and a person using dichlor should react the same - Should it not?

The only difference is my ozonator is on for about 12 hours a day.

Any thoughts?

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 01:41:01 am »
Vinny, what makes you say that it wasn't working?  I know it's difficult to tell since there is no way to measure the residual.  Just curious.

Hey Bill,

I know you're a chemical engineer.

What would be the factors that makes N2 work in your tub and not mine? Water with PH OK, calcium around 160 PPM and a person using dichlor should react the same - Should it not?

The only difference is my ozonator is on for about 12 hours a day.

Any thoughts?

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 07:01:10 am »
I've read that it's supposed to make your water last longer between dichlor doses. At the time I was using 2 teaspoons per 400 gallons for approx 3 PPM, which is WAY MORE than the N2 people suggest IF you use dichlor. I was also shocking with 2-3 tablespoons of dichlor once a week. I would only get about 2 days of clear water then it goes cloudy.

Right now, I am using 1 teaspoon per person and get the same results.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 07:01:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42