What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does anybody own a Dupree Bay?  (Read 11568 times)

Rmack

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Does anybody own a Dupree Bay?
« on: December 17, 2005, 03:52:54 pm »
We were looking at a Dupree Bay at a dealer that was only 50 miles from us and it looked quite impressive. We plan on returning in the next few weeks to do a wet test.

Does anyone on the forum have any experience with this spa, and what are your impressions of it?

I liked the fact that it had two separate lounges with independent controls that would allow all jets to work at the same time, or you can chose the areas for your therapy and the pressure desired.

Ron

Hot Tub Forum

Does anybody own a Dupree Bay?
« on: December 17, 2005, 03:52:54 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Does anybody own a Dupree Bay?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 04:08:38 pm »

These size spas seem to be gaining in popularity, and this one has a nice looking lay out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 04:46:03 pm »
It looks cool, kinda like a Fighter-Interceptor!  I'd love to take one up on a reconnaisance mission into enemy territory.

Terminator
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 06:01:04 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 05:21:39 pm »
It is an awesome spa that is not for everyone.  As you can see it has two dedicated lounging recliners and is absolutely only a two person spa.  They are unique and are priced in the upper end, justifiably so.  You will enjoy the water test.  It even has switching for the jets and lights at your fingertips underwater.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 07:05:46 pm »
It looks pretty cool. It is just right for a couple, with no kids living at home. Someone just looking for a 2 person therapy spa. Looks like it has plenty of jets. Who makes it? Dave.

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 09:05:36 pm »

J._McD

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 09:19:00 pm »
It looks pretty cool. It is just right for a couple, with no kids living at home. Someone just looking for a 2 person therapy spa. Looks like it has plenty of jets. Who makes it? Dave.

Ideal for self-indulgent empty-nesters when they don't have to pay college tuition any longer.  As stated, Dimension One Spas.  They are on to something here for those who desire to benefit from Hot Water indulgence.

Rmack

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 09:48:36 pm »
From the positive replies, I'm getting exited to try it. The kids are all grown so this should be just right for the Wife and I.

Ron

NJDave

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 09:49:28 pm »
Way to go D-One. Very nice! For us, this has been the year of BIG Spas. Seems like everyone wants it big. Sales of smaller 2-3 seater spas have been less this year, with sales of 6-8 seaters shooting. But, as the baby boomers continue to get older and the kids move out, maybe sales will increase greatly in smaller spas. looks like D-One is taking a good jab at that market. Dave.

NJDave

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 09:53:29 pm »
Ron,
Be sure to check back and let us know how the wet test goes. I am curious how well a  taller 6' plus person fits in the tub. Dave.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 09:57:20 pm »
I give credit to D1 for thinking outside the box on this one. I'm not sure how much of a market there is for a 2-seat spa on steroids but it is certainly unique. What does it go for?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2005, 03:07:50 pm »
I think it is a very beautiful spa....very nicely featured but is defiantly meant for those willing to spend the dollars....if you want something uncommon and are willing to pay for it than it is a nice unit.....

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 10:03:29 am »
I think it is a very beautiful spa....very nicely featured but is defiantly meant for those willing to spend the dollars....if you want something uncommon and are willing to pay for it than it is a nice unit.....

What would be a rough, estimated price range on this tub?

The tub looks neat,  but it seems to really be limiting (only two people, only lounges, can't move around too well in it, looks like you might need steps on each side, and if you ever get "bored" with the two loungers, you are pretty much done with the tub.

Don't get me wrong, if it's the tub for someone. then great, it just seems to be very limited, no?

If people have the room for a larger tub, why not go with one that seats more people?  A larger tub at least gives you the option to entertain,   plus you have other seats and a wider variety of jets and nozzles.

07 Caldera Geneva

Iceman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 10:51:17 am »
I saw the Dupree Bay at a show last April and the selling price was 12K. The salesman said that was the actual selling price not an inflated MSRP. Very pricey.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 11:17:10 am »

What would be a rough, estimated price range on this tub?

The tub looks neat,  but it seems to really be limiting (only two people, only lounges, can't move around too well in it, looks like you might need steps on each side, and if you ever get "bored" with the two loungers, you are pretty much done with the tub.

Don't get me wrong, if it's the tub for someone. then great, it just seems to be very limited, no?

If people have the room for a larger tub, why not go with one that seats more people?  A larger tub at least gives you the option to entertain,   plus you have other seats and a wider variety of jets and nozzles.

Yep that pretty much sums it up.....kinda like 911 porsche .....for those who love it and have to have its the only way to go....and this spa might just be like that if you happen to fall in love with it....built for 2 and not much else....but it is nice if it works for you....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 11:17:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42