What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: About ready to pull the trigger........  (Read 10457 times)

Soakin

Re: About ready to pull the trigger........
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 03:30:39 pm »
Here's my point...they will still find a way to service you....
So that is a yes?  You would recommend reconsidering a Caldera from a dealer he/she is not comfortable with, instead of proceeding to purchase a Marquis from a dealer who was very impressive?  

Let's not lose sight of the fact that razoruk has obviously identified a choice between two quality tubs from manufacturers that have solid reputations for standing behind their product.  Having made it this far in the decision process, why do you think they should circle back around to a dealer that they had good reasons for excluding, other than the fact that they sell your brand?

I know this comes off as argumentative, which I don't mean to be... it's just my nature! ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 03:36:02 pm by Soakin »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 03:30:39 pm »

razoruk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 06:03:00 pm »
Liking or not liking the spa after the wet test will be the most significant player in our decision, and I understand that the dealer isn't the be all and end all, but to me, and this is a personal decision, it plays a big part in how comfortable I am with dropping $6500 - $8000 in their lap.
If you show yourself as honest and trustworthy (-which the caldera rep has as anything he said has been backed up across my research), you have a far far greater chance of winning my business than someone I don't feel I can trust.

That said, the decision is not going to be made on the dealer and the dealer alone, but if I like all of the spas I wet test equally, then the dealer will end up probably tipping the scales in that brands favour.
Value is important, but my perception of value may also differ greatly from some of yours.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 06:04:08 pm by razoruk »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 06:22:59 pm »
I think you've got it handled from here Raz. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

J._McD

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 07:03:34 pm »
I think you've got it handled from here Raz. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ditto, confirm, let us know.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 03:22:44 am »

Here's my point...I was in agreement with bulmer4nc that in the end even if your dealer turns out to be something less than you had thought...the maker of the spa will stand behind it....that there is no guarantee that a dealer who appears to be good today and in fact very well is....will always be there tomorrow....just ask bulmer4nc or our highly esteemed moderato Bill ....as bulmer4nc pointed out and I agreed with that when dealing with one of the major brands...should your dealer close you will not be left out in the cold...they will still find a way to service you....

..Wow Soakin....talk about twisting someones words....you took the first and last sentence of what I wrote and quoted me ......are you by chance a newspaper reporter or just gifted in misquoting someone ....I too am not trying to be argumentative but step up and tell the whole story if you are going to quote someone....I think if you read what I actually wrote, it was in the end of his shopping he still found himself liking the Epic than go for it and I also mentioned all of spas he was looking at were all made by well respected makers......normally I would be upset about someone trying to manipulate something I said....but this is not worth the energy as its so transparent Stevie Wonder could see it .....

Anoroc

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 09:02:31 am »
This board can get a bit touchy sometimes........ :-/ :-/

Soakin

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 09:45:10 am »
..Wow Soakin....talk about twisting someones words....you took the first and last sentence of what I wrote and quoted me ...
Wow Mendo, you took my question as to why you would recommend going back to a dealer that the shopper was uncomfortable with, and made it about me.  Are you by chance a politician  or just someone gifted at avoiding answering a question? ;)

You seem to think I have an agenda and suggested I step up and tell the whole story, so I will.  I am not a reporter, or someone who regularly twists other's words.  I am a spa owner who comes here for information and advice, and to share what I have learned along the way.  I have no agenda other than wanting this forum to remain a good source of unbiased information.  I have posted before about my concern that this forum has evolved from one where the dealers "checked their brands at the door" and tried to give shoppers unbiased advice... to a lot of "buy mine because its the best" or at its worst, bashing other brands.  I have always respected your opinion and found you to be one of the best dealers in trying to keep your natural biases out when responding to questions.  In this case, I found  your answer self-serving, and asked you a question twice in hopes that I misunderstood, and a direct answer to a direct question would clear it up for me, or point out to you that you were experiencing a little Marquis Kool-aid hangover.  You didn't answer me either time, which leaves me to assume the worst.

So there is no doubt, my assumption is that you would not have suggested razoruk go back to a non-Marquis dealer whose primarly business was building materials and had just added spas as an extra line, was pushy, and left the buyer certain that they didn't want to do business there.

Just curious, is that what you saw as transparent?

Stevie Wonder 8)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 12:19:11 pm »
I am sorry slow thinking soakin....I am sorry that if you do not have the ability to read and recognize that another spa owner like you of a different product was suggesting do not be so quick to discount a spa you might like just because you have some questions about a dealer....If you can go back and slowly read what I said, my comment was first that the deal that was only for today could have in fact legitimatly been so based on a price increase that went into effect about 10 days ago.... never did I say go back to the dealer, never did I even suggest it, I also mentioned ALL of the spas he was looking at were made by respected manufactures, I also said that in the end of his shopping he found himself still liking the Epic than go for it as the maker will always make sure he had service .....I appreciate that you mention you do not REGAURLY twist someones words I guess this was just a one time thing with me than.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 12:39:24 pm »
wondering weather or not to chime in as this debabte seems to have gotten a little heated. i know the "reliable dealer" issue everyone likes to see. myself, i am a NEW dealer. been so for about 6 months. however, our electrical/pool building business has been around for 6 years. would i loose a sale becuase of my time in the spa business? very possible. does the quality of the brand i sell make a difference?? i would say yes. does the fact i represent a company that as everyone on this board considers "top notch" make me less of a dealer due to my time? id say no!!
not to get between mendo and soakin, but the fact that is razor has done his homework. he is looking at quality brands. business is and always will be dictated by society. 20 years in business doesnt make a success. look at the auto industry. mercury cars are no more. how long were they around?
mendo, i do not mean to miss quote or put words in your mouth; but from what i gathered was even if the Marquis dealer is new, and it is a secondary business venture, it does not mean that Marquis wouldnt stand behind their product. if razor didnt feel comfortable, its his porogative. perhaps it was the dealers "feeling" that razor was eager to get a spa and was trying to push the issue. wasnt there so i dont know.
point to this rambling is..........dealer new or old, is only 1/2 of the overall issue. product, warrenty, and the individual customers taste are what matters.
ok, i am done ranting.

socal
Marquis dealer

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 12:52:07 pm »
dealer new or old, is only 1/2 of the overall issue. product, warrenty, and the individual customers taste are what matters.
ok, i am done ranting.

socal

This is true but IMO if you aren't comfortable with the dealer would you proceed further because you liked the product if other products were there that could also be trusted? What it boils down to FOR ME, I'd have to like the product MUCH MORE than the other alternatives to overlook my hesitation with a certain dealer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 01:00:14 pm »
So Cal,

The only thing I commented on at first was that there are times when  deal that is mentioned as being good for today....Really can be only good for that day.....at times it is legitimate to make that statement as You know So CAL there was a price increase and if the dealer he looked at was factoring that in than it may I have been credible .....I also mentioned that it appeared the dealer (Marquis) did not really earn the right to ask for razoruk  business , that he may in fact had been to quick....it was than followed up by another person who suggested he not totally discount a spa he might like solely based on the dealer and I pointed out that if AFTER his shopping he still found himself likeing the Epic than Marquis as any of the other repuatable makers would make sure he alaways had service .....

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2005, 01:10:15 pm »
Gotta agree with Mendo on this one.  Point in case:  I went to my local Ford dealer when I bought my Mustang.  In my opinion, buying a car is  lot like buying a spa anyway, gotta "test drive" it, get the feel for it, see if you like it.  Gotta haggle over the price a little, haggle over the warranty a little, gotta see what options they might throw in.

I wasn't absolutley enthralled with the demeanor of my sales person or the dealership in general, but I had already spent the biggest part of  a day there hammering out a deal and didn't want to go through that again, after all it was a pretty good deal when I got through.  So, I bought the car.

Fortunately I've only needed service a couple of times and rather than finding out their service dept. is as bad as their sales department, I just take it to the Ford dealer on the other side of town where I've gotten excellent service.  The dealer didn't factor in all that much to tell you the truth, the dealer didn't build the car he's just selling it, so I know I am able to get good competent service somewhere through Ford's network of dealers.

-Sarge
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2005, 01:11:53 pm »

This is true but IMO if you aren't comfortable with the dealer would you proceed further because you liked the product if other products were there that could also be trusted? What it boils down to FOR ME, I'd have to like the product MUCH MORE than the other alternatives to overlook my hesitation with a certain dealer.

I think that is a valid and true statement and I think what got twisted here was that Bulmer4nc had mentioned if you like a certain spa than do not totally discount it because of the dealer and I followed up, with ANY of the major makers will stand behind their product if you dealer fails. But no one  said hey forget your shopping and go back to the guy you did not like and give him another chance, I simply said that AFTER his shopping he happen to still like the Epic in this case than Marquis will always make sure he is taken care of.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2005, 01:53:49 pm »
Soakin,

Just a note if either of us has misunderstood each other and their intentions. I do apologise ....My comments were never intended to ever imply only buy Marquis, I do not think I ever implied anything like that. I simply was trying to point out 2 main things and that is sometimes a real deal today can be true and is not always a just a sales gimmick and secondly that no matter the spa you buy the major makers stand behind their product even if the dealer does not.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2005, 02:02:37 pm »
I simply was trying to point out 2 main things and that is sometimes a real deal today can be true and is not always a just a sales gimmick and secondly that no matter the spa you buy the major makers stand behind their product even if the dealer does not.

Yep, you're exactly right.  I agree with you 100%.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2005, 02:02:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42