What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Transducers or speakers  (Read 15479 times)

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: Transducers or speakers
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2005, 02:56:40 pm »
hymbaw, I will say this:  I do have customers that hook up their I-Pod to the SpAudio and it is AWESOME!  Customers do have that option.  We may start giving out I-Pods with every SpAudio purchase.  Some HS dealers have been doing that with great success.

Terminator

Here's another related idea, Term...give out a satellite radio instead.  I just bought an XM radio for my car, and intend to buy a kit for home use so I can use it in my spa (has a built-in FM transmitter the spa tuner will pick up).  This may be old news for Americans, but in Canada it's just been approved.  I'm kind of excited about it 8)

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2005, 02:56:40 pm »

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2005, 03:36:23 pm »
I also just bought a xmradio. It's the small handheld one that is portable. It has it"s own builtin ant. and a seperate ant. for car and house. I too was planing to use it in the spa. Of course as much as they charge for stereos in spas I was wanting to make sure the system was quality in sound and simple to use because the wife sometimes gets frustrated with my electronic equipment that is confusing to use. So I want quality, simplicity, and affordable. Anybody know a general price of the epic system is? That might be the way to go since I supply why own electronics.

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2005, 06:56:19 pm »
  I guess I don't understand the issue. I have the factory audio system in my Sundance Majesta and I wouldn't replace it with anything outboard of the tub. The placement on the two corners give excellent sound coverage and the volume and sound it generates to be heard in the tub is less than speakers even a few feet outside the tub would need to be.

I've set the volume at the level I like, which isn't low, turned on the pumps and visited the neighbours. You could hardly tell it was on from there. When the pumps stopped you could hear the music just slightly more but not a lot. I then moved my outdoor speakers to be level with the top of the tub and 3 feet away and had my wife set the volume so I could hear it the tub. The neighbours could hear it better than I could when the pumps were running. And no sub-woofer rocking the tub with the outdoor ones.

It listed at about $800 U.S. equivalanet up here and with some incentive they had, it was about $400 in the end. Money well spent in my books.    paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

hymbaw

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2005, 07:26:41 pm »
Marquis system is similar to the Hot Springs ....the outdoor speakers are no more of an issue for sound regarding neighbors than pop ups are.

Except the pop-ups are 4" from your head so you dont have to have the volume as high which my neighbors would appreciate.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2005, 07:57:24 pm »

Except the pop-ups are 4" from your head so you dont have to have the volume as high which my neighbors would appreciate.

ummmmm maybe, it depends on where you put the speakers .....if your set up allows for it they can work very well and are simply better sounding MOST of the time and for less dollars or least they can be .....

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2005, 01:26:13 pm »
BTW the remote for the Marquis SOundSations controls your home receiver, CD, TV, Satellite, DVD, etc.

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2005, 04:56:42 pm »
Does the remote have to be in line of sight of them to control them?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 07:04:23 pm by blizzard »

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2005, 03:21:36 pm »
No it's radio frequency.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2005, 03:21:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42