What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LA Spa Heet  (Read 11827 times)

OKC

• We love LA
Re: LA Spa Heet
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 12:23:58 am »
I believe you cant go wrong with the LA HEET no matter how many jets.  31 is fine with my wife and me.  The LA dealer in OKC is great so far.  They are very helpful.  Hmmmm.....I wonder if they would ever throw a party like Terminator's?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 12:15:11 pm by OKC »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 12:23:58 am »

kmsells

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 07:38:25 am »
We finally decided on and ordered the LA Spa/HEET with 61 jets and 3x5 hp pumps... the wet test made it close call between that and the cal spa, but  the big difference was the Cal Spa has a heat exchanger and we heard there are more problems with that than the regular heater, but who knows.  It was hard, because we could have gotten the entertainment cal spa for nearly the same price, w/ TV, DVD player, etc.  Would have been nice for ball games, New Years Eve, etc, but the HEET was just a bit better "fit."  Good luck, I know how hard it is, it's a lot of money (almost the cost of a car!!) ;D

bhawes

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 08:17:03 am »
New for this year the LA Spas will offer you the options of having a television with their spas. I thinking you will probadly pay about 2000.00 for the upgrade.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 08:17:29 am by bhawes »

bhawes

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 08:23:51 am »
kmsells doing your wet test did you determine that the LA HEET was mor powerful than the Cal Atlantic Spas. Or did you like the way La was design. I like the Foot jets in the louger alot better in the Heet over the Cal Atlantic. I did like the Cal Atlantic seat that had the hip Jets. But I think the LA HEET is a better buy. The Cal dealer is located in Tulsa which is about 90 miles east of OKC. The Cal Spa offer me the same price as the LA HEET of 8300 only if I buy what he had, were as the LA dealer I could order any color and still play 8300. (also) forgot to mention in earlier post the LA HEET also has 2 waterfalls for the price of 8300.00.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 08:52:29 am by bhawes »

kmsells

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 09:49:12 am »
We liked the lounge better and the foot jets.  I tell you, the best foot jets were in the Sundance Maxxus but was unimpressed overall with the tub, especially such a monster only really seats 4 people.  Found the Heet felt more powerful and the sequencer on the lounge really rocked!!  It fit me just right.  We eliminated the second, shallow "collar seat" because it just fit my five year old son, so I'm not sure who this was designed for.  The deeper collar was great, and we picked the more open tub mold instead of the second collar option.  Did you check that out and notice an issue with the shallow collar seat?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 09:55:41 am »
 Hmmmm.....I wonder if they would ever throgh a party like Terminator's?

If they ever do, I only have one suggestion.....

GO!!!!! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tootsie

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 12:51:41 pm »
bhawes,

have you seen or wet tested the 54jets 80 port tub?

If not make sure the configuration is something that you would like. ie: that it doesn't change the foot jets.

I have an oasis and the only wishful thinking I have on it, is I wish we would have spent a little more and got more jets.   I still like the tub and use it but in the back of my mind I have the "what If's".

bhawes

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 02:25:47 pm »
The only model of the HEET that I wet test is the 61 jets 113 ports I'll probadly get this model over the 54 jets 80 port model, because the 61 jets has the two 14 port jets in the lounger for the feet were the 54 jets has 2 one port jet in the lounger for the feet.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 02:34:31 pm by bhawes »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 06:57:19 pm »
OKC

Get outside & enjoy the snow while it is here!!!

bhawes,

The LA dealer here in the city was great when I was looking.  They were on my short list!

Good luck, and if I haven't said it yet WET TEST!!  I know they allow it, I wet tested like crazy there 3 years ago!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 10:19:14 pm »
Lori,  just came in from the tub...What a rush.  People are right.  This is the best time of year to tub.  

bhawes

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 02:56:38 pm »
I have 8 awg wire from breaker box  in garage run about 50 feet  to back of the patio. If I hook a 50 GFCI breaker to the spa with 6 awg wire, and the other end of the 50 GCFI breaker to the 8 awg wire run of 50 feet will the spa work without tripping the breaker by pulling out the 40 amp and replacing with a 50 amp in the circut breaker box in the garage.

bhawes

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2005, 10:47:23 am »
I think LA Spas is  great Hot tub even better than Hot Springs and Sundance. It's seems after wet testing that Hot Springs is really overrated not enough jets and very low power. The price for the Hot Springs is only playing for the name while, LA Spas can compete any day with Hot Springs and Sundance.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 11:28:31 am by bhawes »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2005, 11:14:46 am »
I think HotSpring Spas is in a very great Hot tub even better than LA Spas and Sundance. It's seems after wet testing that LA Spas is really overrated not enough quality jets and very low reliability. The price for the LA Spas is only playing for the Hollywood crowd while, HotSpring Spas can competed any day with LA Spas and Sundance.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2005, 11:30:49 am »
I guess what it comes down to is if you say "my son is really smart and I'm really proud of him" that's great. You don't need to follow it up with "and he's much smarter than the kid down the street who everyone thinks is smart but I know my son is smarter".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Soakin

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2005, 12:16:58 pm »
... "my son is really smart and I'm really proud of him" ... "he's much smarter than the kid down the street who everyone thinks is smart but I know my son is smarter".
Meanwhile the parent of the truly smart kid just smiles and says, "How nice for you!" ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2005, 12:16:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42