What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is anybody out there shopping for a Hot Tub  (Read 6566 times)

J._McD

Is anybody out there shopping for a Hot Tub
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:57:56 pm »
There don't seem to be too many shoppers around looking at Hot Tubs.  Is this just our geographic zone and more related to the economy or is it the time of the year?  There seems to be more "general bs" and pics going on than shopper questions.  

Shoppers, are you looking?

Dealers, what's going on in your market area?

Hot Tub Forum

Is anybody out there shopping for a Hot Tub
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:57:56 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Is anybody out there shopping for a Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 05:10:28 pm »
JMcD;

We had a decent November, a little better than October.

December has been dismal, little to no traffic.
Homeworks Financing Representative

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 05:11:18 pm »
I know if I didn't already have one, I probably wouldn't be in the market right now.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 05:23:29 pm »
I talk alot to the local dealers here and they 2 have been slow.
Retired

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 05:54:04 pm »
Jim,
I think it's just the crappy economy in our lovely yet frozen Michigan(low of -5 last night!). We've been slower than hoped but not dead as some dealers are reporting in this area.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 06:21:27 pm »
For whatever reason, it's been really busy at my store this week.  Our Tyler and Shreveport stores have been slow, but I've sold 3 Envoys, a Vanguard, a Vista, a Jetsetter, and a Solana SX the last 6 days.  I'm really thinking next year is going to be a great one for the entire industry.

I sincerely hope you guys get some good business to end the year. :)  This is a topsy-turvy business we're in.

Terminator  
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 06:22:04 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 08:21:17 pm »
J.McD
Yes. In the cold weather areas of the North East and west toward Michigan, spa sales have slowed a bit. A lot of it does have to do with the Christmas Holiday. Most folks are concentrating on buying gifts, not many purchasing $5,000-10,000 gifts. Those that are shopping for spas, are smart enough to know it's the best time time, to pick up a year end deal on a 2005 Floor Model. And of course they want the spa right away, which is fine for us. I sold 2 spas on Wednesday and delivered one today and the other is scheduled for tomorrow, that delivery will be canceled by the snowstorm arriving tonight. The slower times gives us a chance to set up new 2006 spas and build 4 new store display gazebos arriving this week. I will say, service is very busy, all of those mass merchant  and internet spas falling apart under the feeezing conditions, really keep us hopping.

J._McD

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 10:02:21 pm »
Jim,
 I think it's just the crappy economy in our lovely yet frozen Michigan(low of -5 last night!). We've been slower than hoped but not dead as some dealers are reporting in this area.

I hear the parking lot behind you has been empty too. ;)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 10:04:11 pm »
Yes, I was thinking the same thing.  This board has been dead lately.  I don't remember it being so slow last year.  I think Chas, Stuart, and some others used to post more which could have something to do with it. At least we have Terminator to keep us on our toes.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

J._McD

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 10:15:07 pm »
J.McD
Yes. In the cold weather areas of the North East and west toward Michigan, spa sales have slowed a bit. A lot of it does have to do with the Christmas Holiday. Most folks are concentrating on buying gifts, not many purchasing $5,000-10,000 gifts. Those that are shopping for spas, are smart enough to know it's the best time time, to pick up a year end deal on a 2005 Floor Model. And of course they want the spa right away, which is fine for us. I sold 2 spas on Wednesday and delivered one today and the other is scheduled for tomorrow, that delivery will be canceled by the snowstorm arriving tonight. The slower times gives us a chance to set up new 2006 spas and build 4 new store display gazebos arriving this week. I will say, service is very busy, all of those mass merchant  and internet spas falling apart under the feeezing conditions, really keep us hopping.

We had 2 spontaeneous Piper Glen's for Christmas, but traffic has been non exsistent.  Ceasar has already got them in shipping.  It seems that many in the motor city are caught in the grips of the auto industry crunch, not to mention the auto suppliers and K-Mart that are BK, Sears just closed down all of it's Part's and service centers.  One of them was in our complex.  Things can only get better.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 10:51:03 pm »
Hey J. McD
Our 2 spas from the other night were a Piper Glen Floor Model and a La Paz Floor Model. We are really pushing the '05 Floor Models out the door. I placed a early order for the new 2006 Island Series Spas, all five of them. They are manufacturing a small batch right now, I was able to get the first order in, they are making them now. I should have them for Christmas. How do you like the new huge 9 seater Belize Model? I saw it out in Vegas. It is huge. Do you think the spa dolly trailer will hold it? Hope things turn around for the car manufacturing industry, I'm sure it effects retailers in your market. I hope you have a great year in 2006. Dave.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 11:17:07 pm »
For whatever reason, it's been really busy at my store this week.  Our Tyler and Shreveport stores have been slow, but I've sold 3 Envoys, a Vanguard, a Vista, a Jetsetter, and a Solana SX the last 6 days.  I'm really thinking next year is going to be a great one for the entire industry.

I sincerely hope you guys get some good business to end the year. :)  This is a topsy-turvy business we're in.

Terminator  

so term...bite me....does that tell you anything about our December? :P

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 09:52:31 am »

Believe me, I've been there plenty of times over the years.  August is always dead around here.  That's usually my dog month.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 10:56:01 am »
Jim-

I've been slow here on the west side of Novi also.  I think you hit the nail on the head, people just aren't spending money with are great economy.  

By the way who is hymbaw?

Michael

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 12:30:07 pm »

no offense term, but i have to 2nd that motion ;D been slow here too. did have a nice Quest (Marquis) delivered last week. maybe with gas prices dropping, and when x-mas is over, it will pick up some. good luck to all

socal
Marquis dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 12:30:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42