What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: DRUNK FRIEND SPILLED BEER IN TUB: WHAT DO I DO?  (Read 19561 times)

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
DRUNK FRIEND SPILLED BEER IN TUB: WHAT DO I DO?
« on: December 04, 2005, 08:58:03 pm »
Everything has been going fine in my new tub until tonight.  Had over a neighbor who promptly spilled 4 oz. or so of beer in the tub.  Now, I need advice...what do I have to do....shock?  extra chlorine?  Drain? (please do not say drain!)

From what I have read in previous posts, you folks are experts in tubs and in beer so I am sure this problem has happened before.  If it helps solve the problem any, the beer was imported....Fosters.  

any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advance for your advice!

Hot Tub Forum

DRUNK FRIEND SPILLED BEER IN TUB: WHAT DO I DO?
« on: December 04, 2005, 08:58:03 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: DRUNK FRIEND SPILLED BEER IN TUB: WHAT DO I DO
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 09:00:31 pm »
No worries!  A little shock and keep your eye on the pH.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 09:57:36 pm »
In Australia they fill their spas with fosters, no worry mate.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 10:10:41 pm »
 Had over a neighbor who promptly spilled 4 oz. or so of beer in the tub.  Now, I need advice...what do I have to do....shock?  

Shocking him may be a little on the severe side; I'd think that a stern lecture on the importance of taking proper care of a beer would be more in line   ;D

Seriously, since they say that for every 1/2 hour spent in a tub 1-2 pints of perspiration is released by each person in the spa, I doubt that 4 oz. of beer (even Foster's ;)) will cause any real harm.

Steve

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 11:14:34 pm »
four ounces of beer in a few hundred gallons of water isn't cause for alarm.  Just go about your routine maintenance and don't worry about it.  If you remove all the water from 4 ounces of beer, all you have left is a fraction of an ounce of alcohol, and even less of other stuff too small to be concerned about.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 11:16:00 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 02:10:10 am »
As long as it wasnt 'used' beer, I wouldnt worry about it. ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 09:11:27 am »
What type of beer?

Hell if it' was a bud light, then that's practicly water anyhow. :)

I'd put your friend of double secret  probation for spilling beer, and I wouldn't worry about the few onces of beer in the tub.  

I have had a few folks in the tub and everyone has had a beer, or wine of cocktail in their hand and I am sure much more than 4 oz was spilled.   I''d run the tub as normal after having guests: shock and ballance.  A bit of clairifier might be needed, but I would hold off on that and see how everything looks after 2 days.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 09:15:27 am »
Definetly need to get your friend straighten out on the importance of not wasting good beer

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 09:31:47 am »
Everything has been going fine in my new tub until tonight. šHad over a neighbor who promptly spilled 4 oz. or so of beer in the tub. šNow, I need advice...what do I have to do....shock? šextra chlorine? šDrain? (please do not say drain!)

From what I have read in previous posts, you folks are experts in tubs and in beer so I am sure this problem has happened before. šIf it helps solve the problem any, the beer was imported....Fosters. š

Im thinkin dont worry about the beer but how many did he drink and did he get out to relieve himself?
-SpaMan~

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 11:06:35 am »
Everything has been going fine in my new tub until tonight.  Had over a neighbor who promptly spilled 4 oz. or so of beer in the tub.  Now, I need advice...what do I have to do....shock?  extra chlorine?  Drain? (please do not say drain!)

From what I have read in previous posts, you folks are experts in tubs and in beer so I am sure this problem has happened before.  If it helps solve the problem any, the beer was imported....Fosters.  

4 aspirins should take care of it.

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 11:14:12 am »
Thanks everyone for the ideas...

To answer your question, "No, my friend did not relieve himself in the tub."

But while we are on the subject, I have had a few kids in the tub and have preached to them and their parents about not peeing in the tub.  What would need to happen if this occured?  I am sure some poor soul has experienced this as well.

thanks again for the posts.

PH

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 11:31:22 am »
Not sure you'd ever know for sure.  That chemical that turns water red, or whatever color, when someone goes in the pool is an urban legend.  
 If you suspect this, just shock and keep your sanitizer levels up there.  I've heard that urine is sterile, so I don't think there is any health danger, and the a few ounces in several hundred gallons of water is pretty small anyway.  
But it is icky, and if anyone does this to my spa, and I find out, they're banned.
Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 12:09:25 pm »
Not sure you'd ever know for sure.  That chemical that turns water red, or whatever color, when someone goes in the pool is an urban legend.  
  If you suspect this, just shock and keep your sanitizer levels up there.  I've heard that urine is sterile, so I don't think there is any health danger, and the a few ounces in several hundred gallons of water is pretty small anyway.  
 But it is icky, and if anyone does this to my spa, and I find out, they're banned.

I did come across a pool site once time that was selling signs for owners to put on thier pool/spa warning people that the urine dye was in the pool.  The kit even came with a fake "dispensor pack/unit" that you could put on the ladder or side of the tub.   The theroy was that every kid has heard about the urine dye packs, and this sign would scare them  from peeing in the pool.

My thougth was, If i was a kid, and after hearing about the infamous dye, and was in a pool that claimed to have had it, I would most definatly try it out and see if it worked.   :P
07 Caldera Geneva

Danny

• "He was a wise man who invented beer"  Plato
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 12:33:37 pm »
What kind of beer?

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 12:39:38 pm »
What type of beer?

Hell if it' was a bud light, then that's practicly water anyhow. :)

Funny. :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 12:39:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42