What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: artesian spas  (Read 4496 times)

dswslp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
artesian spas
« on: November 30, 2005, 02:57:34 pm »
Hello looking at spas including royal and artesian.  royal sells the basics without computer boards and all the bells and whistles.  Artesian is selling with alot of features.  Artesian is full foam, royal is bags of  insulation with foam coating under the tub.  any thoughts or experiences with either of these companies?

Hot Tub Forum

artesian spas
« on: November 30, 2005, 02:57:34 pm »

nicker

Re: artesian spas
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 04:16:15 pm »
just my $1.50 worth, STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM ROYAL. You said it in your own typing. Bags of insulation.  Looks really nice hey, good quality product. What a joke. I have seen these tubs and almost laughed my arse off when I saw the insulation.  IOut of those two choices GO WITH ARTESIAN 150%.  Artesian is a good quality tub.

I honestly wouln't pay $500 for a Royal Spa.  And thats a Canadian $500.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 04:27:01 pm »
Nicker, what's that little critter in your avatar?  I notice that you and HotTubMan and SoCal all use it.  I figured it must be some kind of Canadian symbol like the American Eagle or the Russian Bear or the German Knockwurst (I'm guessing maybe SoCal is a transplanted Canadian).  I'm just wondering. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 04:40:44 pm »
It's one of the Animaniacs

magellan360

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 07:08:37 pm »
Hi.........

Bought an Artesian Spa - Island Series - Saba model (cuz of space issues).........
Had it for 3 weeks now........It's terrific.......... ;D

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 08:35:32 pm »
I've had my Artesian Piper Glen for about a month now and am very happy with it. The Atresian may not be the spa for you. From your description of the Royal it most definitely is not the spa for you.

J._McD

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 08:57:45 pm »
Let's start with saying, most all tubs being represented by a reliable dealer are good tubs to consider.  On the other hand, bargains, wants ad sellers, and side street warehouses are not necessarily good places to look for a "good" spa, but I am certain, you could find an "unbelievable deal" that makes you want to think about it, but keep in mind the old barnum theory, "there is a sucker born every minute and two to take his money".

Artesian has a lot to offer.  You can build it up, or you can build it down to influence price.  It allows you to get what you think is important to you.  There are people on this board that enjoy their Artesian and speak very highly of them.  This leads me to believe, you too could buy an Artesian and also extol the virtues of owning one.

I would agree with others however, there are better choices than the Royal.  with all due respect to Royal, it will make hot water but I have not known of any long standing, or reputable dealer who has been selling them for any time to speak of.  But, I am sure you could getter a "better deal" (seemingly so) but they have less to offer.

J._McD

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 09:00:52 pm »
I've had my Artesian Piper Glen for about a month now and am very happy with it. The Atresian may not be the spa for you. From your description of the Royal it most definitely is not the spa for you.

bob5280, what do you like most about your Piper Glen and what caused you to select it over other choices?  I know there are a couple of other people on this board that have that spa as well.  What price range would you put it in?

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 11:39:46 pm »
We've had an Artesian Diamond for about 3 months now and it's great!  We use it almost every night, no problems, easy to take care of, etc.  It's a middle of the line (Gold line) spa . . . as versus the Piper Glen and Dove Canyon which are platinum class.  It's a smaller (7x7) a little less powerful (34 jets + 3 pumps +circ pump) version of the Dove Canyon.  I highly recommend it.

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 06:09:18 pm »
bob5280, what do you like most about your Piper Glen and what caused you to select it over other choices?  I know there are a couple of other people on this board that have that spa as well.  What price range would you put it in?

Initially I was swayed by the idea of a separate pump for each seat, the openness of the tub, and the layout of the seating and the jets. Now that I've had the tub for a short while I'm not as pumped  about the idea of separate pumps as I was at first. Rather then being a better way of doing things, I now see it simply as a different way of doing things. It has some advantages, such as being able to control each seats jets, from the seat. But it has some disadvantages too, namely the use of smaller jets, leaves some of the stations a little underpowered. In truth I did not do much comparison shopping, but then I hate shopping. I'm happy with the tub, but if I had to do it over again, I think I'd bite the bullet and do some more comparison. I might have ended up with the same tub anyway. I paid about $10,000.00. The HS Grandee and the top of the line Caldera, forget the name, were close in price.

fatman

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 07:44:44 pm »
There are good and, depending on your point of view, not so good points when it comes to Royal.  Royal doesn't have computers. The one clear disadvantage to this is that there would be no programmed filtration cycles. That alone could be a big problem especially if you had to leave home for a few days or went on a vacation. On the other hand, the mechanical switches they use are easy to replace and inexpensive.  Most people chuckle over the insulation method Royal uses. Granted, bags of fiberglass insulation may not be the most sophisticated thing going but there is no doubt that repairs are way easier than with full foam tubs. I think Royal claims to have an "R" factor of 50 using this type of insulation.  Royal uses 48 frame motors instead of 56 frame.  Overall I think Royal makes a decent hot tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 07:44:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42