What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Out of Business?  (Read 5580 times)

spasRawesome

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Out of Business?
« on: November 17, 2005, 10:28:27 am »
I was looking in the paper, and saw a used spa for sale. I called, got the price of 2500 for a two year old Maax spa (the actual model escapes me right now). Anyway, I asked a friend if this was a good deal, he laughed and said sure - IF you can get parts. I said, what do you mean? He informed me that Maax Spas went out of business the other day. Locked the doors, sent everyone home!

Is this true?

Hot Tub Forum

Out of Business?
« on: November 17, 2005, 10:28:27 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Out of Business?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 10:31:18 am »
Are you talking about your local dealer or the manufacturer?  I seriously doubt the manufacturer went out of business.  That would be huge news if it were so and I sure haven't heard anything.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 10:40:42 am »
Google tells me that Maax Spas is in Austrilla, and claims to be the leading Spa maker outside of the United States.   Using thier delaer locater feature,  It looked like there where no dealers in the US.

Here's the site:
http://www.maaxspa.com.au/

Looking further, I found this site:
http://www.maax.com/en/Products/BrandList.aspx?CodeCategory=S

Which lookiing quickly says:

Coleman Spas are made by Maax as well as Elite Spas

Sounds like Maax Spas are alive and well  and living comfortabley here and in Canada under the name of  Coleman and Elite.

?    ?    ?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 11:21:51 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 11:14:51 am »
I was looking for a Maax spa (Elite series) in August. the local dealer did go out of business, however Maax still operates a website to allow you to find local dealers.
http://www.maax.com/en/Products/BrandList.aspx?CodeCategory=B

Very similar to Drew's address for Maax
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 11:28:34 am »
Here is the contact information for Maax, they are in Canada

4670 South Service Road
Beamsville (Ontario)
Canada
L0R 1B2
Tel.: (905) 563-8511
Fax: (905) 563-8501
Support your dealer so they can support you!

sunnydee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 11:44:20 am »
I am a recent owner of an Elite Spa by Maax. It was manufactured in Canada. So far, my dealer has been very supportive and we are very pleased. It sounds like just your dealer went out of business, not Maax spas.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 11:52:38 am »
I'm at the national trade show in Vegas right now and can assure you that MAAX is not out of business! I was in two of their booths yesterday and will be back today.

unless someone forgot to tell everyone here..... ???

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 12:28:08 pm »
As a owner of a Coleman Hot tub made by Maxx Spas out of Arizona I can tell you..My coleman dealer as well as Maxx spas are doing just fine here!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 01:58:36 pm »
I'm at the national trade show in Vegas right now and can assure you that MAAX is not out of business! I was in two of their booths yesterday and will be back today.

unless someone forgot to tell everyone here..... ???

I wish I was there, but someone had to stay behind and sell fireplaces in North Dakota. :'( :'( :'(  If you bump into a gal named Shirley who sells Coleman spas from North Dakota, she's the lucky one who got to go.

As far as I know MAAX is alive and well and at this very moment unvieling the new 2006 spas at the Aqua show.

Stuart PM me if you have time and let me know what you think. Have fun!

Spahappy

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 12:32:56 am »
I was looking in the paper, and saw a used spa for sale. I called, got the price of 2500 for a two year old Maax spa (the actual model escapes me right now). Anyway, I asked a friend if this was a good deal, he laughed and said sure - IF you can get parts. I said, what do you mean? He informed me that Maax Spas went out of business the other day. Locked the doors, sent everyone home!

Is this true?

Had this spa been 1-2 yrs older, I would advise you to turn around and RUN very fast.  Usually not one to bad mouth products, but the Maax spas made under the name Spa Depot would make a nice refuse receptacle.  Many, many prob's with these models.  I would not even take one if it was given to me!  Can't really speak to the quality of the newer ones, not many around these parts now.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 12:32:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42