What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Home Automation  (Read 3310 times)

nicksd

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Home Automation
« on: November 15, 2005, 11:34:39 am »
I currently have a home automation HAI-Omni-Pro)in my house, I am curious if anyone on this board has used home automation system to control their spa from inside the house or their cell phone? What is your experience? I think it would be nice to be able to turn on your spa and have it at the right temp before you get home.  Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Home Automation
« on: November 15, 2005, 11:34:39 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Home Automation
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 11:40:02 am »
That sounds pretty cool but I think most portable spas stay at temperature 24/7.  I guess it would be advantageous for a guinite or in ground spa.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 11:40:24 am »
i have an IPaq......little handheld computer. it features a "home control" which allows me to opperate tvs, vcrs, dvd players, ceiling fans, spas, and alot more. add the fact it does excel, word, digital camera with vid capabilities, mp3 player, blah blah blah great little toy  ;D
Marquis dealer

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 11:43:54 am »
That sounds pretty cool but I think most portable spas stay at temperature 24/7.  I guess it would be advantageous for a guinite or in ground spa.

Terminator

they do have remote systems for gunite pools. the real good systems are $$$$$$ but they will allow you to do everything without going to the equipment area
Marquis dealer

nicksd

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 11:54:50 am »
Thanks for the responses, although I rarely post, I visit this board 2-3 times a day and find it very educational and entertaining.  Thanks again.

P.S. I can't wait to share my spa pics to everyone, my back yard project has been going on for the past 2 months and I have about 6 weeks to go.

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 11:55:07 am »
isnt it always at the set temp?

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 11:57:33 am »
nick

alot of hard work, but it will be worth it!
Marquis dealer

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 04:39:34 pm »
I've got one of the remote sending thermometers, which (with the outside/inside/extra sensor for the freezer) are great to keep track of the temp. Last thing you want is a warm freezer or a frozen spa!  :)

Let me know if you want details!

(The new ones tell you the humidity [for the outside and inside, of course!, also].
--
Lee

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 04:39:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42