What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally Got a Bid on Wiring  (Read 3267 times)

Brookenstein

Finally Got a Bid on Wiring
« on: November 14, 2005, 12:58:10 pm »
A bit spendier than I had anticipated...

Two options on how we run it.. if we go along side the house, strapped to the bottom of the foundation it is $714 plus $150 for the 2pole sub... or $250 if we do a 4pole sub that could handle future expansion (i.e. 110 outlet for lighting or whatever later)... if we get a Hot Springs spa they basically come with the $250 one.  We would have to trench from the corner of the house out to the wall (~11ft).  We could do it or they charge $50/ man hr.  If we do it the other way it is $721 plus $150 or $250 plus all the trenching (~45+ ft) at $50/hr or we do it.  He doesn't reccomend the tuck under method as it can damage the concrete and cause cracking and whatnot by messing with the dirt under it.

Oh, the lengtha are 102 and 103 ft depending which side of the house you go.

The 2nd guy I called who was suppose to be here last Tuesday will be here tomorrow at 8:15.   :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Finally Got a Bid on Wiring
« on: November 14, 2005, 12:58:10 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Finally Got a Bid on Wiring
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 01:04:48 pm »
I really can't comment on the costs for your project, but I would suggest going with the 4 pole set up and have them put in a 110v outdoor outlet when they do the job.  

07 Caldera Geneva

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 01:29:42 pm »
Seems just a  bit high, but it may depend on your location.  Seems like the average price around here is about $600 complete  w/out sub panel.
It's all about da bubbles!

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 01:35:57 pm »
I was told by the spa moving company he charged $6/ft and on the bid he charged $7/ft.   :-/  And with ~100 ft that made $100 difference.  But hey, at least he showed up when he said he would, gave me a bid on site, better than the other 2 guys.  So far, he's batting 100.   :)  Plus he drove a good 45 minutes to get here... the other 2 guys live less than a mile from me.   :o  It may be worth maying the extra $$$ to get service.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 08:06:07 pm »
that extra buck a foot was due to the run...over 100 feet. wire will have to be "up sized". im surprised trenching was quoted seprately. usually its all part of the job. but on the bright side, you know what it will cost  ;D most people dont even think about the electric until the spa is sitting in their backyard.
Marquis dealer

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 09:39:56 pm »
Hey Brooke, I just got an estimate for my wiring today too and it was $875. My wiring will be a straight shot from the deck into my basement. The electrician will be able to change out some of the breakers to make room for the new one. so I didn't need to add on to my box.  I decided on the spot to accept the bid because this electrician often works with the spa company and he will be here to install and hook everything up the day the spa comes. (but who knows when that will be)??? I knew electric was a big expense so I was figuring on about $1000. (I always give an extra 10% for the things that aren't expected). He is also going to put in another recepticle for lighting if we want it later. By the time I get done, I could have bought a new car....
Support your dealer so they can support you!

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 12:00:55 am »
Man, I got a steal.  $450 including wire and box.  Electrician did it on the side.  Nothing fancy.  Probably about 75ft of wire total.  From a subpanel in the basement outside in PVC underneath the deck to spa panel, over the basement windows down to the concrete.  I was initially worried about the asthetics but the PVC is paintable and we could hide it a bit.  But then again it's the back of house so we really weren't that concerned.  The spa wasn't going to be the centerpiece.  It's not like we have an elaborate garden like some I've seen here.  But our spa is close to the door and our focus is away from the spa toward common ground.  Yea Yea, we've got some landscaping to do around the concrete........next spring.  It doesn't look like it, but we're flat to about 1/4".

« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 12:02:15 am by rexspent »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 12:00:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42