What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet Tested the Used J385 (Updated with Results)  (Read 18246 times)

hymbaw

Re: Wet Tested the Used J385 (Updated with Results
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2005, 11:32:31 am »
The one we have is still heatin' n pumpin'. It's just ugly as sin!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2005, 11:32:31 am »

Brookenstein

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2005, 11:35:46 am »
I appreciate the offer/guesture and as tempting as it is, the man wants a lounger.  :-/

:)

I've got one more used option I'm considering, but other than that I may be getting a little burned out.  If the man will go look with me this weekend, I will do it, but if he says no... I think I may take a break until after the new year (if I decide against this other used one).

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2005, 11:36:33 am »
All in the eye of the beholder, my friend. ;D

(Wish I was still heatin' and pumpin'.... :()

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2005, 12:43:48 pm »
I've got one of those hideous things on my floor I just took in on trade. Selling it as is for 500 bucks cash and carry. MAN that dog dish is UGLY, somebody get it outta here!

Done!  Greatest spa ever built (and I am serious, this sucker is bulletproof!)

Terminator

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2005, 12:52:12 pm »
Why not hold on, Jacuzzi is introducing their 400 series for model year 2006. I havent seen any of them yet, but I'm interested to see what they've coome up with. Also, why not find a dealer that will offer 12 or 24 mos. SAC, get spa now, pay money later! Or pay off in the 12/24 mos. and pay nothing in interest. You may have to pay a dollar or two more over all for the spa, but for the privlidge of "using their money..."

I may try to get the husbad to come shopping with me this weekend and see what a few of the stores have and at what prices.  Or we may scratch the hot tub plan for a bit and redo the floors in the house.  I was hoping to have the tub first as it would make the back feel a heck of a lot better with all that labor... but who knows.

At this point its all up in the air.  I'll be gone for 3+ weeks in December, so I may end up just waiting till the new year and see what I find then.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2005, 01:51:33 pm »
bummer, when we bought our used 385 a few weeks ago, we wouldnt have gotten it if the owner hadnt been super nice. we were new to the hot tub thing. he told us the warantee wasnt transferable, but he would fix anything that broke for a reasonable amount of time. he is in the hot tub business, sells bullfrog. he couldnt have been more honest and friendly, he has even called and come by since the sale to offer advise. if the guy is a jerk i for sure wouldnt deal with him unless it was a steal. offer him 3k for the spa only tell him not to call you back unless he wants the deal. the panels on mine on the side where the equipment are are staggered about a quarter inch or so, seems like it is for ventillation of the pumps, there are four of them real close. i can send you some pix of ours if you decide to concider it. with the stereo and ozome i would sure get it. itd be a sweet deal for 3. r

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2005, 02:17:40 pm »
brook
I am so sorry it turned out like that. i was pulling for you. I think you did the right thing by walking away. Im a big believer in "gut feeling". and not to toss in the disconnect??? ya know, i am going to vegas in a few days....i could stop by and ...ummm, explaine things to him  ;D  

socal
Marquis dealer

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2005, 02:19:37 pm »
, the man wants

Now there is a woman with her priorities straight! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

autoplay

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2005, 02:41:42 pm »
I mentioned Ventura as.......Chas,1 of the hot-tub experts on this board,has a few stores in that area.

It might be worth your wild to contact him,and possibly set up something as far looking at new/used tubs.

GL Brooke!

hymbaw

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2005, 04:54:40 pm »
I've got one of those hideous things on my floor I just took in on trade. Selling it as is for 500 bucks cash and carry. MAN that dog dish is UGLY, somebody get it outta here!

Exact same price for the one I have!! I figured the extra $2500 would cover my vacation (I mean delivery!) to Cali.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hymbaw

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2005, 04:58:10 pm »
Why not hold on, Jacuzzi is introducing their 400 series for model year 2006. I havent seen any of them yet, but I'm interested to see what they've coome up with.

Wisocki,
  Sundance announced they are introducing their 680 series for '06. Ya think they might be similar ;)

Brookenstein

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2005, 05:22:17 pm »
Now there is a woman with her priorities straight! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey, I know my place.  We have the perfect 00 version 50's style marriage.  I'm in complete control by letting him think we do things his way... I just make sure in advance his way is my way.  Its rather complex, but I have it mastered perfectly.   :D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2005, 06:17:36 pm »
You know what's kind of sad?  That ugly old HotSpring is still more advanced from an engineering and design standpoint than many spas on the market today. :(

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2005, 08:52:04 am »
Brook, if you do decide to wait until after the New Year you may be able to get a deal on a 'leftover/floor model' from 05 that the dealer is trying to move out.   I got a left over 02 in late Jan of 03.  It was not a floor model, brand new, still wrapped all perty for about $1500 less than I was quoted on the same spa the previous May.  Don't give up though.   You will never regret the day you finally decide on your spa.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2005, 09:14:34 am »
Brook, sorry the tub didn't work out, but  I guess it's all part of the process, and was a learning expereince.

I have the remains of a 99 Nordic behind one of my sheds. You can have that for free.  ;)  The cedar skirt is missing.  Actually it was firewood for a dinner party Sat night.

Drewstar! nice fire, what type of wood is burning?

"Hot tub"  :)

"oh...."

Anyhow keep looking, you'll find the right deal.
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2005, 09:14:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42