What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?  (Read 47087 times)

wetone

Re: WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2005, 05:27:28 pm »
Currently own two stores, one selling hot tubs and the secound selling and installing Sunrooms.

Name: John aka/Wetone

Company #1: Factory Direct Spas
Company #2:Tropical Sunrooms.
Home: London Ontario Canada
History: Started Factory Direct Spas right next door to our Sunroom store about 4 years ago selling just Coast Mountain Spas. Expanded in summer of 04 and now sell Dimension One, Coleman & Artesian.
Currently working hard on opening a new store in Toronto.

Work way to much but love what I do.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 04:42:37 pm by wetone »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2005, 05:27:28 pm »

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2005, 07:22:22 pm »
Another consumer: Jaccuzzi J345, first tub and very pleased with it.

Occupation: Police Lieutenant in a suburb of Columbus Ohio, I have patrol, swat, k9, part time and reserve operations.

Over the years I've managed to break 11 parts of my body, 7 at once in 1998 (no, you probably won't "beat" the cruiser with lights and siren on through the intersection), and as I get older (hit 40) they become more bothersome. The hot tub has been a godsend, I'm in it every night.

Found the forum when looking for info prior to my tub purchase and it has made the ownership experience easier and more enjoyable.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2005, 08:34:20 pm »
My turn

Hi, my name is Jonathan and I'm an alcoho...  wait, that's the other board!   :o

Kidding!!!   ;)

My name is Jonathan and I own a HS Vista

Company: I'm a VP-Information Technology for a freight logistics company in Northern NJ for close to 20 years,  before IT was in fashion!

Home: 15 miles north of New York City in Rockland County NY.

Status: Married for close to 17 years to the same wonderful woman, and have 2 kids.  I  am also a photographer who likes to spend money on new gear!  

General: I bought my new Vista at the end of this past summer and have been enjoying it very much.  This board has taught me many things and I am grateful to all of the positive contributors and sometimes funny posts that I have a blast reading.  I wish I could contribute  more but being a newbie I have a tough time adding anything since I am the one always asking the questions!

Jonathan

autoplay

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2005, 08:48:35 pm »
"For you reg's that aren't industry people and are educated consumers, state your spa and how long you've had it and so on."

My name is Rich,and I own a 2003 Caldera Geneva Utopia. I love my spa,and feel with 2 years of ownership under my belt,that my wife and I made a very good purchasing decision regarding our spa.

We have had 2 minor cosmetic issues relating to the spa,and our dealer handled/repaired em in a professional,and almost timely fashion.  1 being the heat-sink under the primary controller(replaced with a new/updated version). 2 being the secondary controller (the rubber cover to one of the buttons was deterioating),which,they replaced the entire secondary controller.

Profession--- Tile/Stone mason
History of profession--- 19+ years
Home--- Sarasota FL

Look forward to sharing memories/experiences with newbies,and oldbies,for many months/years to come on this spa board,and other spa boards  :)

P.S. ... Sue and I will be in Vegas April 7th-12th,if anyone is interested in hooking up etc :)

P.S.S. ... almost forgot,when they delivered the tub,they shipped the wrong color cover (we ordered redwood color cover,they shipped a grey one).  We waited approximately 3 weeks to receive the redwood colored one,as our dealer explained that Caldera at that time,was backlogged with orders etc.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2005, 09:35:53 pm »
My turn

Hi, my name is Jonathan and I'm an alcoho...  wait, that's the other board!   :o

Now that's funny stuff! I actually laughed out loud! ;D

As for you Autoplay...XXX "What's the best" forum is one site over! ;) Thank goodness the pump was on! 8)

Steve

P.S. I really appreciate everyone sharing their information with everybody and it sure is great learning more about the people that come here to our small community of spa owners / dealers / reps. Thanks for doing it!  ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2005, 09:47:00 pm »
No charge.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

salesdvl

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2005, 09:47:35 pm »
A)   I laughed out loud too

and

B)   I was thinking "Wow those are pretty SMALL bubbles..."     :o
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2005, 09:51:22 pm »
;) Thank goodness the pump was on! 8) Steve

Who said it was on???

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2005, 11:55:39 pm »
Ahhhh, good point Chas. Corona can certainly have that effect on some! ;D

Steve

cathtrac

• Hot-tub water doggie
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2005, 12:19:58 am »
Consumer

Just tonight decided on Artesian Grand Bahama!!

Past experience:

Tiger River 1993: great spa, never had maintence issues, although would stay too hot in the summer despite all interventions.  Then moved.

Cal Spa 1998: Placed onto deck via helicopter. Overall good spa. Then moved.

Coast Spa 2000: Big mistake! Leaks and replaced 5 pumps in 4 years. Dealer refusing to do warranty work.  Then moved.

And now....

Artesian Grand Bahama 2005!! Woo Hoo! 48 jets, 3 pumps, and 5 year warranty. $7495. Can't wait for it to be delivered!

I hope we won't be moving again soon!

rgreiner

• forever tubbin
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2005, 01:35:30 am »
After watching the postings from afar, I have decided to jump into the pool.  Location: Waukesha Wi.     Retail store that came to being after starting to build inground pools in 1967. I am the retail manager and we have 20 year round employees. If you can't tell, I am new to this and can't type or format this is well as the esteemed members of this forum. I enjoy working retail, making customers happy, and helping people make an informed, rational decision, not just to sell something to make a buck. Archery is my passion when not in the store, both real life hunting, and 3 D target.  To answere the question, we sell Caldera Spas and feel that we have one of the best lines in the business.

MellowBeerMan

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2005, 02:50:07 am »
I am Rob Da Consumer....From Georgia

Still searching for a tub, but I have decided to re-invent my whole backyard after going to a backyard/patio show in Atlanta.

Originally from NJ, moved to GA this past summer, don't miss NJ except for the Shore.

Hottubber used to shop at your EB location..until a salesmen lied his butt off to me, then went elsewhere from that point on. My sister did buy a pool from you from your Princeton location though. :) She is very happy.

Not sure what tub I will buy as of yet, since I decided to re-invent my whole back yard I will have to wait until next year, so now I am just surfing around and reading up.

Married 8 years, 3 children, work the overnight and coach soccer for 7 year old screaming girls.

Any Georgia dealers feel free to send me a message so when I am ready I will give your product a dip. (lori's advice  ;) )

been around pools all my life I think I used to be a fish, either that or a bottle of beer.  :P

and thank god for bubbles.  :D

« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 02:56:40 am by MellowBeerMan »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2005, 08:52:38 am »
That was crazy,...I'm still laughing. Nice touch. As for the

following photo, you're right, thank god the pump was

on.

hottubber... ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2005, 10:13:41 am »
Consumer
Just tonight decided on Artesian Grand Bahama!!
Past experience:
Tiger River 1993: great spa, never had maintence issues, although would stay too hot in the summer despite all interventions.  Then moved.

They fixed that.

BTW - Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll love your new tub - always exciting to take that first dip: I hope it isn't 'old hat' with all of your experience !

;D

Brookenstein

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2005, 12:04:24 pm »
I am a newbie.  Looking for my first spa.  My parents had one when I was a kid for about 15 years, and just got a replacement about a year ago.  I never really used it as a kid, but my parents use(d) it daily.

I am a mom to 2 boys, a dalmation, and a 3 legged cat.  I enjoy skiing and golf.  We bought a house in August and I'm working at getting the yard to be a peaceful escape.

I live in SoCal and my lot is too small for a pool, so I want a spa that we will keep cool in the summer.  This way the kids can enjoy it and I don't have to be in a plastic pool with 8 inches of cold hose water.  Figure its the best solution for all of us.    

Plus, as I'm reaching the ripe old age of 30 my body isn't what it used to be, lol.  Who am I kidding, my body has been crap for years.   :)

Brooke

BTW, I love the good nature humor of this site.  It is very refreshing.   :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2005, 12:04:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42