What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature2 in HS Envoy  (Read 2481 times)

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
Nature2 in HS Envoy
« on: November 05, 2005, 12:12:57 pm »
What is the correct way to install a Nature2 Cartridge in my HS Envoy.  They're much easier to get then the HS Freshwater version.  Last time I took the top off my old freshwater cartridge and put it on the Nature2.

How would I install it with the sticks?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 12:14:04 pm by tonyp »

Hot Tub Forum

Nature2 in HS Envoy
« on: November 05, 2005, 12:12:57 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Nature2 in HS Envoy
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 08:13:46 pm »
Is the composition of the Nature2 cartridge exactlly the same as the HS Silver Ion cartrdige?  Is the main reason to switch to N2 for cost reasons?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 08:36:41 pm »
Nature 2 is cheaper online and more readily available.  In my local store the HS cartridge is cheaper but 2x the online price.

The cartridges are identical except for color and the way they go into the tub.  The Nature2 uses plastic sticks to hold it into position and the HS has a larger top which hold it in the filter pipe.  I took the top off my old one and put it on the nature2 and it works fine but I'm afraid that the plastic tabs will wear too much if I do it again so I'm asking for advice on how to use the plastic sticks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 07:44:30 pm by tonyp »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 07:45:18 pm »
Bump ???

TattedVenus

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 06:25:15 pm »
The Nature 2 cartirdge you are talking about is yellow, right?  They give you that long stick so you can reach the cartridge in your filter. All you need to do is cut the yellow stick to fit. You should be able to use a knife or utility scissors. Don't forget, you can't use Bromine or Water Clarifier with either of the cartridges! Good Luck!

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 09:26:54 pm »
Why can't you use clarifier with a Nature 2 cartridge?  I use a clarifier occasionally when the water clouds up a bit and it works like a charm.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 04:38:28 pm »
You are going to think I am off the deep end, but I gotta tell you a story.  My Envoy got blown on pretty hard by a wee dust up we had down here in S. Florida called Wilma.  Anyway, when it was over my control panel was all full of grit and was rendered useless.  So I contacted HotSpring and, once the phones and power came back, the dealer to get it fixed.  To make a long story short, it was fixed.  No charge.  

Buy your stuff from your dealer.  After spending $9K or so for an Envoy, why screw your dealer out of his wee bit of profit on the ancillaries?  You might need these people some day.  Look at the big picture.

Regards,

Bill

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 05:21:16 pm »
Great story Bill. Happy to hear you made it through the event largely unscathed and your spa issue was taken care of.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 05:21:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42