What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic - Energy Consumption  (Read 18020 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Arctic - Energy Consumption
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 04:16:47 pm »

Not THAT Rush. They're talking about the good Rush!!

I  talking about the good Rush, as well. You must be confused.

Now back to Artic tubs....
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 04:16:47 pm »

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 04:23:47 pm »
It is not ok for any dealer to intentionally mislead you. If you feel that this is infact the case, then by all means, move onto the next dealer. My point is that all these people are trying to sell you a tub, and they will use whatever they believe to be an advantage to their brand.

I suggest confronting the dealer directly. From this, you should be able to tell what is in your best interest to do next.

Good Luck!

Jc

Your husband has impecable taste in music. ;D

How do you know how much you don't know?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 04:39:09 pm »

I love Rush too!

Proud HotSpring Spa owner and former spokesperson.  Listening to him was the first time I'd ever heard of HotSpring, so thanks to him I'm where I am now.

Terminator
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 04:39:28 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 04:45:16 pm »
My point is that all these people are trying to sell you a tub, and they will use whatever they believe to be an advantage to their brand.

VERY true. A customer once had an issue with a stereo and in talking to them they mentioned their BOSE speakers. After I was done with them I went to the salesperson and asked if she had told the customer the spa had Bose speakers. She said yes; she really thought they were. After speaking with her I figured out why she thought that but filled her in that they weren't. It was an honest mistake but she was bummed that I told her that because she loved being able to say it in her presentation. It became a running joke that she didn't want to talk to me because I was hurting her sales presentation.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 04:51:56 pm »
Regarding the CalSpa issue, it appears the mistake could be an honest one given she herself abbreviated the name down to CalSpa and pointed to that brand in the report.  If she had said, the brand they sell at California……. I would be less inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt.  As Jc points out, ask if you aren’t comfortable.

A high percentage of people don’t wet test.  If you don’t wet test, what will persuade you to buy?  Arctic has some nice tangible features for talking points.  They use them.  It’s about product differentiation, and they seem to do a better job (or more aggressive depending on opinion) of it.  

The test to which she refers was performed by the Alberta Research Council.  They purchased the tubs independently, but had solicited advice from Arctic.  Given the test conditions (i.e. a controlled environment), the results were favorable for Arctic.  Your results could vary depending on other environmental factors.  It does however provide a “number” at which to point.

If you’ve got it down to three brands, I think you should dig the swim suit out and do some wet-testing.  That will determine the best spa for you.  Features mean nothing if the jets don’t feel good or you float out of most of the seats.

If you’re looking for a larger tub without a lounge, I, as an owner, can highly recommend the Tundra.  My wife at a stretched 5’2” can use the deepest seat thanks to the arm rests.  The deep seat with the inverted triangle jet design is not to be found on the competition and it truly offers a unique and superb massage.  It works the traps/shoulders like nothing else we tested and feels great all the way down.  And we like the rest of the spa too............

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 04:54:43 pm »

VERY true. A customer once had an issue with a stereo and in talking to them they mentioned their BOSE speakers. After I was done with them I went to the salesperson and asked if she had told the customer the spa had Bose speakers. She said yes; she really thought they were. After speaking with her I figured out why she thought that but filled her in that they weren't. It was an honest mistake but she was bummed that I told her that because she loved being able to say it in her presentation. It became a running joke that she didn't want to talk to me because I was hurting her sales presentation.

Someone thought BOSE was a selling point???  (this coming from a Klipsch guy).

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2005, 04:59:04 pm »

Someone thought BOSE was a selling point???  (this coming from a Klipsch guy).

If you're really an audiophile, you're typically not going to buy a spa stereo. It was a name people have heard of that goes over well with the average spa buyer, to the salesperson's delight.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 05:38:41 pm »
This has left me with an uneasy feeling about the Arctic dealer. Was she trying to deceive me or was it an honest mistake.

Any advice you have would be appreciated.

I wouild call this a stupid mistake, not an honest one. Two of the people I hate the most are know it alls, but I have respect for know it alls if their right, but if you claim to be right and are not, but you are a BSer, and once you have BS'd me I won't trust anything you say. I probably would still consider an Arctic Product from this dealer, but I wouldn't deal with her.

I often say here that I have no sales skills, and have respect for people that do.  But if I don't know something I'll say so, and that would probably lose me a sale quite frequently.

Now, I'm off to read your other replies.  This title was sure to start something!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 05:40:17 pm »
welcome to the board.  I really hope that you learn one important thing here, ok maybe 2.

First thing is that arctic has had some bad press about there sales people in  the past.  That is something that I believe is being worked on.  They make a great tub and have many quality products that they try VERY HARD TO OVERSELL TO A NEW SPA USER. Educate yourself and you will see what you like.

I have said it a million times, ARCTIC in my opinion is no better energy wise then any tub in this price range.  You are arguing cents a month.  So really dont let this be a deciding factor unless you are buying a plug in tub where it sucks the crap out of hydro.  

Ok now with that said, never narrow a search down because of this forum.  Use this forum as a guide.  You need to get your a$$ in these tubs and try them out.  In my honest opinion, when you get in an arctic tub, you will love it.  You also have to be open to molded seats though.  I love it, but some do not like being confined to an open seat.  

If she messed you up on purpose or not, who cares, you are doing the right thing by educating yourself here so that you do not make an uniformed choice.

Good luck, if you need any advice on the arctic, I can help, fletch49, JCdenton and Stlrex are all satisfied customers.  The list is growing.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 10:40:27 pm »
Sorry to be so late on this one. I'm not used to titles with the name Arctic in it being in this section and not the "beating a dead horse"! ;)

Welcome to the forum 'O confused one.

Having a decent understanding of the brands mentioned, I can say that they are all considered quality brands. My feeling on Arctic has never been unclear to anyone and though they have their outrageous claims (Yes JC, Arctic is the BEST at everything!! ;D ) they are still a decent product.

The CEO of Hydropool also owns California Spa & Fitness and yes, the term CalSpa is sometimes used. I don't mind telling you that I wish it was called something different (much like my issue with the names Hydropool and Hyro Spa) and the association can be incorrect. I don't think this was done on purpose and I'm guessing that she just put 2+2 together and got 5.

If there's anything I can do to answer any questions on Hydropool, please feel free to ask. After all…Hydropool is the BEST at everything! ;)

Steve

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2005, 11:46:56 pm »
Sorry to be so late on this one. I'm not used to titles with the name Arctic in it being in this section and not the "beating a dead horse"! ;)

I'm surprised the mod didn't avoid the X-Mas rush and move it in anticipation. ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2005, 09:05:44 am »

If you're really an audiophile, you're typically not going to buy a spa stereo. It was a name people have heard of that goes over well with the average spa buyer, to the salesperson's delight.

I agree.

I  don't understand the bad Bose comment another poster made. I find Bose to make exceptional speakers and although you can argue the finer details, overall they are great. I have a pair of the Bose 251 environmental speakers and the sound is stunning.   :)
07 Caldera Geneva

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2005, 12:22:42 pm »
In my opinion, whether the salesperson at Arctic misled you intentionally or not, it comes down to which tub you like best. Granted you have advice posted here already on how to trip them up, but the rest is played on trust...

First we looked at Arctic and were heading towards the Yukon. But when we saw Hydropool 625 spas, their warranty, longetivity, open seating (not too sculpted: which puts you in your place!) and over all value for comparative price, we went for that. Plus we wanted to shop Canadian as well. The heating/efficiency debate, being a heated debate to no conclusive conclusion, apparently costs within a few dollars a month either way.

Good Luck!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2005, 12:34:13 pm »
In my opinion, whether the salesperson at Arctic misled you intentionally or not, it comes down to which tub you like best.

I mostly agree with that but at the same time service AFTER the sale is important and DOES vary from dealer to dealer. I would be a bit leary of a dealer whose personell knowingly misled me. In this case we don't know that it was intentional and with the confusing names I'd give the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise. If I knew I was being intentionally misled, I would let them know and walk away.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2005, 12:57:08 pm »
Just so everyone is aware of how the dealers call themselves in this neck of the woods.

Beachcomber = Beachcomber tubs
Arctic = Arctic tubs
Polar = Polar tubs
California spas & Fitness (www.calspafit.com) = would equal CALSPA to most people around here but it is Hydropool.

Have a look at their site, it is confusing.  Hey Steve get the marketing guys on that eh!  I thought they were calspa as well until I went to there tent sale after I had already purchased a tub.

Just thought I would throw this in.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2005, 12:57:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42