What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Good news and Bad news  (Read 12398 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Good news and Bad news
« on: November 05, 2005, 09:45:56 pm »
so the good news is my wife is pregnant with our second baby.   I am so excited, this will be it, 2 and im going in for the snip snip,  ouch I dont want to think about it yet.

So the bad news, she is hormonal and hates my guts right now about the hot tub.  She said we spent all that money on the hot tub and I dont get to go in it for the next nine months.   I feel really bad,

But, tonight I went in well she looked out the window watching.  I loved it but felt bad........honestly.......Im not lieing.........seriously........

ok ok, so how do I enjoy the pleasures of the tub without the guilt.   I am of the understanding that she cant go in.  I thought maybe she could put her feet in, but the outside air is like 2 right now.  Really cold.

Hot Tub Forum

Good news and Bad news
« on: November 05, 2005, 09:45:56 pm »

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
Re: Good news and Bad news
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 09:56:45 pm »
You're kinda caught between a rock and a hard place there Bosco! I guess your European adventure went well then ? ;)

Congrats on your news - all I can say is that time has a way of evaporating before your very eyes, so these next nine months will be over before you know it - as well - it should all be worth it in the end! From what I understand about pregnant women (which is very little), is that it doesn't matter what's going on (hottubs, boats, etc), they are going to find something to vent their frustations on! ;D

Good luck!

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 10:10:12 pm »
Have you considered, after the first trimester, turning the temp down to 99 and having her join you?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 10:17:21 pm »
Congradulations!  
How about offering her a nice back rub when you get done with your therapy?  I know she would appreciate it and resent your evenings in the hot tub a lot less.
Just don't make it like you are doing it because you feel guilty, do it because you want her to be able to relax too. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 11:53:17 pm »
Congrats. I wish I had an answer but the reality is we can send a person to the moon and cure many diseases but figuring out how to keep a hormonal woman happy is beyond mankind's ability.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 04:59:21 am »
Dr. Spa thats a good idea, the only problem is that after the third tri mester will  put us into January here in Ontario, with temperatures around -20.  So 99 is not an option  it will be to cold.

JcDenton, yes the trip was beneficial and I get the ultimate souvinere now.  Im going to get a shirt made up saying, my mommy and daddy went to europe and all I got was.........ME

Many smart men, you are right in deed.  I just dont understand how we all fall victim to the almighty woman.  They get hold of us, and suck the life right out of us with thier "EMOTIONS"  I learned last night that hormonal is not the right descriptive word to use while speaking with your pregnant wife.

BACK RUB, WE DONT NEED NO STINKING BACK RUB.

I think that you need to re-read the post, I feel guilty.....not desperate.  If I start that kind of stuff now with only being married 5 years, then what am I going to do during metapose.  I got to leave some tricks up my sleeves for that day.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 11:02:43 am »
Have you considered, after the first trimester, turning the temp down to 99 and having her join you?

That is what I was going to say.  I might add if you keep it at 101-104 most of the time, going out 30 minutes ahead of time, turning it down, and letting the cover stay open will bring it down. Of course mine would be full of leaves by now.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 11:06:19 am »
If it goes anything like my wifes 3rd pregnancy it wont matter anyway as by the 3rd trimester you will be in that cozy doghouse next to the hottub!

CONGRATULATIONS!

P>S I narrowly missed the snip by default as my last child was delivered by c-section, I said "doc while your in there tie a double bowland and there will be a little somethin extra in your paycheck" :o
-SpaMan~

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 12:23:24 pm »
  Congrats Bosco! And yes... yer screwed as far as ever knowing what words or conversations you can actually use any more but you already know that. And that menopause thing.... you think what you're going through now is tough to sort out? Holy cow, you ain't seen nuthin yet!!

But in fairness to the weaker sex (And DON'T use that term for a while!!) having seen what they have to go through leading up to the best moment of your lives... I wouldn't do it for alll the tea in China.

Just try and keep your head low and survive. And just as much as with the first one, the second  will all be worth it as well. Oh, and if you go do that ultrasound thing... don't say something humourous like "Are there three of them in there Doc?"  Of course it can save the expense of the snip....   Congrats,   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 08:24:02 pm »
All I can say Bosco....is....Good Luck.

I had a wife once.....but her husband came and got her. ;D
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 08:09:07 am »
so the good news is my wife is pregnant with our second baby.   I am so excited, this will be it, 2 and im going in for the snip snip,  ouch I dont want to think about it yet.

Been there, done that. But when it does come time for the "snip, snip", just remember:
[size=18]Bags of Frozen Peas!!![/size][/b][/color]
...they were a life saver! Their "moldable nature" allows one to place them, um...where the pain is. ::)

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 10:09:38 am »

I would just point out to her, that with all the weight she is putting on , she  can't wear her bathing suit,  with her drastic mood swings,  she's not  a nice person to be around, and if she had any sense she would allow you to relax in the tub without any guilt.  I think she would repsond well to that :o

yea, that's exactly what I would say.  

Actually, you got to handle the way you'd handle anything else, be aware of the other person's feelings and be a decent caring person.  Before you hop in the tub, maybe check in with her, and see if there's anything she'd like, or you could do for her, make sure she is comfortable, and then once she's settled and happy tell her you're gonna grab a few minutes alone in the tub.  

If you feel that she is upset by her not going in and resents the fact that you are, talk to her about it.   Or is there something I am missing here?  :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 10:12:32 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 10:13:15 am »
I would just point out to her, that with all the weight she is putting on , she šcan't wear her bathing suit, šwith her drastic mood swings, šshe's not ša nice person to be around, and if she had any sense she would allow you to relax in the tub without any guilt. šI think she would repsond well to that

yea, that's exactly what I would say. šend quote:

Are you trying to get him killed? DONT EVER MENTION THE WEIGHT OR MOOD SWINGS!! LISTEN šTO ME! NEVER EVER MENTION WEIGHT OR MOOD SWINGS!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 10:14:16 am by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 11:11:49 am »
Are you trying to get him killed? DONT EVER MENTION THE WEIGHT OR MOOD SWINGS!! LISTEN TO ME! NEVER EVER MENTION WEIGHT OR MOOD SWINGS!!!!!!!

If she is having MOOD SWINGS make sure she doesn't have a baseball bat in her hands.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 11:21:18 am »
Ok. so maybe I gave some "poor" advice.

To make up for it, heres a few suggestions: maybe subscribe to a premium  movie channel so she has something to watch on TV while you are soaking? Or bring her a treat (grab a sundae or a peice of chocolate, or whatever she is craving) so she can enjoy herself while you are out in the tub, or you could always grab some of the movies she's always wanted to see, but you hate, and she can watch one in peace while you are soaking?

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 11:21:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42