What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Vanguard or Jacuzzi J - 365  (Read 8396 times)

reloman

• Looking 4 Help
HS Vanguard or Jacuzzi J - 365
« on: November 06, 2005, 06:26:19 pm »
I’ve been searching for a spa for about 3 weeks now and have come down to (2); HS Vanguard $7,000.00 or Jacuzzi J-365 $6,500.00

Wife will NOT do a wet test so I need your help.  Which would you (the pros) buy?  Thanks for the help!!!!
 ???
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 07:11:39 pm by reloman »

Hot Tub Forum

HS Vanguard or Jacuzzi J - 365
« on: November 06, 2005, 06:26:19 pm »

reloman

• Looking 4 Help
Re: HS Vanguard or Jacuzzi J - 365
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 06:32:51 pm »
After posting I realized I left out a brand/model that was a very close third and thought I would see if it ranks up there with the HS or Jacuzzi; the 3rd spa we have on our list is a Cal Spa Tropical w/ waterfall and LED waterline lighting for $6,000.00

Thanks again for any help you can give us.  

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 07:18:08 pm »
That price on the Vanguard is outstanding compared to what I was quoted.  I was looking at just over 8K for a Vanguard with cover lifter, Ozonator and steps.

reloman

• Looking 4 Help
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 07:24:30 pm »
We lucked in to dealing with the owner of the store.  The price included the ozonator, steps, starter chemical kit and cover with lifter.   The reason for the better price was no sales commission to a salesperson.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 07:56:46 pm »
In the order you mentioned.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

reloman

• Looking 4 Help
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 08:14:25 pm »
Is there a reason for this order or just your preference?  A friend was telling me that the Heat Exchanger on the Cal Spa was the latest and greatest to the spa industry, is this true?  Something about the water never touching the heater.

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 08:30:44 pm »
I wet tested the Vanguard and did not end up buying it.  It was one of my favorite tubs but not my final choice.  It was a little small for my family of 5 (Grandee probably would have been better).  Any way the main reasons we did not get it:  can not have all jets on at once, wife was not too keen on the look of it.  As you can see just nit picks.  I had narrowed it down to the Hot Spring and the Beachcomber I bought.  I looked at: Sundance, Tiger River, Caldera, Dimension One, Coleman, LA Spas, Baja Spas and Cal Spas.  Would have liked to look at Marquis, Jacuzzi or Arctic but no dealers are close.

reloman

• Looking 4 Help
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 08:39:26 pm »
I like the look of the Cal Spa and the features you get for the $$$ but searching the Internet proved to be a con for this spa, lots of negative comments about the spa and the dealers that service them.  

I also had others on my list to look at but no dealers in my area.

Can anyone tell me if they’ve had a bad experience with Cal Spas?  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 10:57:40 pm »
After posting I realized I left out a brand/model that was a very close third and thought I would see if it ranks up there with the HS or Jacuzzi; the 3rd spa we have on our list is a Cal Spa Tropical w/ waterfall and LED waterline lighting for $6,000.00

Since you asked, I would go with the Jacuzzi or the Hot Spring, but that's just me. Search this site and others for customer feedback as well as checking out reviews for all 3 of the brands you're looking at.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cappykat

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 11:09:39 am »
I would chose the J-365.  It has more jets and I think a better overall hot-tub experience than the Vanguard IMO.  The J-365 has the foot dome, just more options for the money.

It was between a J-385 and Marquis Epic for us.  We chose the Epic.  
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 11:10:31 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 11:34:42 am »
That is an unbelievable deal on the Vanguard!!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 11:46:01 am »
Ditto the price on the Vanguard is amazing. Does it include cover, lifter, steps, ozone and delivery?

07 Caldera Geneva

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 11:55:36 am »
Can't speak to the Coleman - but we're very happy with our Vanguard - all jets can be on at same time - just at a 'low' setting.  3 seats at a time can be on 'high' setting.  Most of the time is spent in tub with with either no jets, or jetts on the low setting.  Love the cool down seat.  Would have loved your price !!!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 01:09:19 pm »
Which would you (the pros) buy?  Thanks for the help!!!!
  ???

I guess I would be considered a spa pro since this is what I do 19/7/365.  Since you are asking for input, hands down I would choose the HotSpring Vanguard.

That is if you are wanting a spa that is going to last for 20 or more years, if you want the peace of mind that comes with knowing that 100% of your water is filtered 24/7/365, if you don't want to buy new filters every 6 months to a year, if you would like the outstanding performance of the No-Fault Titanium Heater, the Single and Double MotoMassage, Self-Cleaning feature, and bottom drain.

You get all this (and more) plus the assuredness that you will be able to get parts for your spa should you need them.  Now or many, many years in the future.

The other spa is a good spa with many upsides.  The Vanguard is a great spa that will last you a lifetime.  Good luck in your search and I sincerely hope you enjoy whichever spa you decide upon. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 01:49:23 pm »
I think you personally (sans wife) should go wet test.  The Jacuzzi and HS are fine spas.  To the touch (controls etc) HS quality appeared to me to be higher, but I'd take the jets in the Jacuzzi all the way.  HS folks love to tout their Motomassage, but I wasn't impressed with the actual massage or lack thereof.  You really are considering two very different feeling jet packages and owe it to yourself to wet test.  On the other hand, you may be happy regardless of what you select, but deep down won't you be wondering which really was the best for you?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 01:49:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42