What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Sundance Dealer  (Read 18539 times)

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
My Sundance Dealer
« on: September 02, 2005, 03:38:13 pm »
My Sundance dealer has a couple wonderful salespeople that do a very good job of demo's.
I was all ready to buy a tub and I put $1500 down on a demo tub.  They said they would get it shipped in and call me when it got there.  I got a message from my salesperson 3 days later and was asked to call her back.
It did not list the times she would be in the store.
I called her back a few hours after the message was left and then left a message on her machine.
After not receiving a call back for 2 months, I thought I would call them back.  When I did call them a girl let me know that my tub was in stock.  I WAS PISSED that they did not call me.  I was told that my salesperson would call me the next day, but she did not.  I then called to cancel the tub and had to leave a message again.
A week later I did get ahold of my salesperson when I asked if they had credited my deposit back, the person put me on hold and my salesperson then picked up the phone and let me know I had to talk to the owner to get my deposit back.  Seems like Sundance is not the right brand for me.  The owner is supposed to call me in one hour.  I did not sign any paperwork with this dealer and the deposit was supposed to be fully refundable.
This seems like a shady company!  If any corporate Sundance people are reading these boards, feel free to email me.

Hot Tub Forum

My Sundance Dealer
« on: September 02, 2005, 03:38:13 pm »

Chris_H

Re: My Sundance Dealer
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 03:47:21 pm »
Did you special order your tub?  I could see an issue with the deposit if they ordered the spa for you.  

I will also mention that Sundance is one of the most highly respected brands and this sounds like a dealer issue.

pillpusher411

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 03:52:44 pm »
I have heard some bad stories about Sundaance delaers.  Maybee I should stear clear

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 03:58:14 pm »
They told me it was an in-stock item at Sundance that was used as a demo, probably at a trade show.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 03:58:46 pm »
I have heard some bad stories about Sundaance delaers.  Maybee I should stear clear

Welcome to the board! ;D

If you stick around long enough, you will hear bad stories about EVERY manufacturer there is.  Why, there's even a couple of people on this board that act like they don't like me or HotSpring! :-*

Sundance is a very good brand of spa with a very good reputation.  You could certainly do a lot worse.  Just be dilligent and do the research and you are certain to find the right spa for you.  Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 04:44:38 pm »
$1,500 deposit on a discounted demo spa from Sundance to be ordered in sight unseen, no paper work, called once and left a message and 2 months later your upset because your tub is in.

You need to visit the dealer location and ask to see your sales person AND the dealer to resolve this situation.

Something is wrong here and it has nothing to do with Sundance Spas, and it is not going to get fixed here in the open forum.  Gather whatever you do have and go in to see the dealer.

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 05:05:26 pm »
I called the owner, because the salesperson said that the only person who could do a refund was the owner.
The owner refused to give me a refund.  Said that I had signed a contract.  I told him that I put a deposit on a spa over the phone and that I can't think of a way that I would have been able to sign over the phone.
He said that he actually has two signed contracts.  I did sign a contract that was supposed to be fully refundable, however the salesperson did not get my credit card number and called me and asked for it.  She said that if I did not give her the number then the tub would not be reserved for me.  I called her back 5 times and she never called back.
The dealer told me that I am liable for both tubs and that he has been sitting on them for a long time
and is sorry they didn't call to let me know that they are in stock.  He said he is reasonable and would only make me pay for one, or he could keep my $1500.

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 05:06:58 pm »
I never got a copy of the contract.  The owner and salesperson acknowledge that it was never mailed to me.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 05:20:40 pm »
Whoa! Did we miss something here? why are we now talking about 2 spas???

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 05:24:00 pm »
Why did they order 2 tubs?  I would be ticked off too if someone did not return my phone calls.  Even if they didn't get your message, someone should have followed up on the contract.

I don't see any reason why they should keep your $1500.  We sure wouldn't based on what you've written.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

poopsy

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 06:31:58 pm »
i had a similar story happen from sundance here in denver...put 500 dollars on a tub and our patio was poured incorrectly so we took our contractor to court and i told sd dealer this and he wouldnt refund the 500.00 but told me to contact him when litigation was finished which was a year later now and they want alot more for the optima i had signed for then(they sold my tub cause i told them not to hold it as it would be many months or a yeaR till this whole patio thing is sorted out)

Anyhow..now i am back to square 1..wet testing and hoping to find a great tub at $500 less then 8300.00 if possible to make my last deposit null and void!!

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 07:01:12 pm »
Yes 2 tubs.  I had agreed to put $500 dollars down on a tub.  They did not collect the deposit on that one, therefore the contract was voided or that is what I was told by two salespeople.  When I put a phone deposit on the second one, I was that the first one would be cancelled because I did not put a deposit on it.

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 09:15:59 pm »
  Guilty as charged Terminator. Some day I may get over it but I'm a cranky old cuss, so give it time.

Luigi and pillpusher, as Terminator says there are lots of feelings people have towards certain brands for various reasons. I happened to have a terrible time with a couple dealers and it's shaded my views. But the dealer is the one who represents you to the manufacturer and who you need to trust. I bought a Sundance and the tub is everything I'd hoped for and the dealer is great, has been from the first visit. If I'd been dealing with the dealer you have been I probably wouldn't be in the tub I am.  
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2005, 12:35:29 am »
Any suggestions on what to do next?

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 08:08:19 am »
Someone said that this is a case of fraud.  Sounds like it to me when someone signs your name on a contract.  The dealer says if I take delivery then he will guarantee excellent customer service.  I don't see how he can guarantee excellent customer service.  Seems like I would have to have him sign a contract to give me this excellent customer service and how much he is going to pay me if he doesn't provide this service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 08:08:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42