What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artisian vs Hot Spring  (Read 13257 times)

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
Re: Artisian vs Hot Spring
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 06:19:08 pm »
Bob,
Well said. Nice post! Everyone is different and has a different reason for a purchasing a spa. When narrowing down your search, try before you buy. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 06:19:08 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 06:20:59 pm »
Well, you certainly are getting a lot of sales pitches here.

??? From who?

Hymbaw doesn't have a horse in this race and that's the only post I would consider to be a pitch.

I'm sure not pitching spas up in Michigan, just trying to answer the nice lady's questions. ???

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 06:26:24 pm »
Hey Terminator,
Boy, you jumped on that one fast. I was talking about you, but in complimentary way. I can see you are a very good salesman and never stop selling, probably selling spas in your sleep. Keep up the good work and keep posting you photos. Dave.

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 07:39:50 pm »
Terminator - I have to agree with Dave, your reply while informative did come off to me as a sales pitch. Not in a No money down, what do I have to do to put you in this tub today kind of way, but the saleman was there none the less. I certianly understand being biased, when you really believe in the product you sell, particularly when its a product as respected as HS. But comments like, 'thats a good spa, it'll last you for years, but mine will last you for a life time', just come off as hype. No doub't HS is a reliable tub, and yes it may or may not outlast other tubs, but 'for the rest of your life',that my friend is pure salesmanship.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 08:22:35 pm »
When I first viewed this thread, I was at work and started writing a whole bunch of stuff due to the salesmanship aspect of the answers. I got busy and did't post.

Thankfully Bob and NJDave came by and drewstar gave good advice. Artesian is a great tub from a consumer's standpoint and seems to be as equal as HS or any company in taking care of their customers. They haven't sold as many tubs but they also don't spend the $$$ to do infomercials or that widely known. The truth is all tubs can break and HS is no exception.

In my market, HS can't touch the Artesian on a price to feature basis. Does it have the same value - only time will tell. 10 years down the line IF my tub never breaks - then yes it is the same value. In 2004 I got a price of $7400 for a Vanguard which was $700 more than my tub and it had less than my tub. Salesman even tried counting the circ pump as a "pump"

I understand that the HS koolaide is a strong brew but other tubs are just as good and may even be better on an individual basis. And as far as Sundance ... well, I won't go there! ;D

salesdvl

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 08:23:19 pm »
I don't sell either, but AFTER wet testing both you still are torn, I would lean to the HS. What is it Term, 700,000? people can't be wrong!

I think that foam issue is that HS uses "closed cell" foam, Artesian "open cell" foam. Closed cell foam wont absorb moisture as readily as open cell will.

As a Sundance dealer I worry more about HS than Artesian. With HS quality and reputation for taking care of their customers, they are tough to sell against.

Good Luck

OK.   McDonalds has sold billions of burgers but that doesnt make them the best.  It just means that billions of idiots have bought them.

NEXT, Artesian does not use open cell foam.  Thats exactly how people get misinformed.

OK, I'm done.  thank you for listening.
Measure once, cut twice.

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 09:05:36 pm »
I am strickly a happy hot tub consumer/user & not a dealer (thank god!  :P).  We wet tested both Watkins (e.g. Hotsprings, Caldera, Tiger River), D1, and Artesian and chose an Artesian Diamond.  Our view is always, when making a major purchase (car, house, hot tub, fine anything) go for the best quality you can afford.  That was our motto in selecting what to wet test.  We excluded Marquis simple because we felt the jets were very under powered and therapy hydromessage was important to us.  We liked all the tubs we tested and simple went with what felt best.  Why include a non-quality brand in your wet test?  If you are chosing between Hot Springs and Artesian you can not go wrong.  Get what feels best.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2005, 12:09:03 am »
Actually they have sold 700,000 tubs, which means that at an average of two family members per tub, carry the three, about 'Millions' of people can't be wrong.

Give or take.

;)

As a counterpoint, GM sells the most cars in the US, but I doubt anyone would categorize them as the best or most desirable...........numbers do not necessarily equal superiority.

Oops, should have read devils post first.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 12:12:14 am by rexspent »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2005, 09:45:25 am »
Sales pitch?  I simply made an effort to help counterbalance lilly's obvious frustration with the Artesian salesman's relentless monotony of "pitching more pumps...help!!"  I was trying to provide her with a variety of features that HotSpring offers which might help her to make an informed decision regarding the best spa for her.  The only time I really elaborated on any aspect was at her request.

Yes, I do have an opinion on which spa will last 20 years or more, that's pretty obvious.  When the day comes that I run across another brand that's still running and looks good 25 years after purchase, I'll consider that spa to be in the same league as a HotSpring.  Just haven't seen one yet.

McDonald's sells tons of burgers because they are CHEAP and they put little toys in the bag.  HotSpring sells tons of spas yet they are very EXPENSIVE.  Most brands of spas cost less, have more jets, have wang-dang-doodles and woo-hoos on them, yet HS year in and year out extends their market share lead.  I imagine it's because they build a pretty dang good spa! :)

I'm glad to hear that Artesian uses closed-cell foam in their spas, I couldn't imagine any serious spa maker not doing so.  They make a fine spa, nothing wrong with them at all.

Terminator
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 09:46:46 am by East_TX_Spa »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2005, 09:48:29 am »
I thought Hotspring was the only one that used closed cell.

Not true!
-SpaMan~

spaman--

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2005, 09:51:38 am »
If you wettest the two its a no brainer! In my unbiased opinion its the HS hands down for comfort, reliability,and overall customer satisfaction.
-SpaMan~

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2005, 09:54:05 am »
Hey terminator, don't let the turkeys get you down - I've been impressed with your ability to not act like a salesman.  You make it clear you sell them, and state what you like without bashing everyone else.  I was amused by the subtle 'lifetime' comment.  But then, I bought a HS and hope it's true....

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2005, 09:56:09 am »
Thank you very much Ritz, that's one of the nicest compliments I've ever received.  I am truly appreciative and I hope you enjoy your spa for many, many years.

Terminator

spaman--

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2005, 10:05:42 am »

McDonald's sells tons of burgers because they are CHEAP and they put little toys in the bag.  HotSpring sells tons of spas yet they are very EXPENSIVE.  Most brands of spas cost less, have more jets, have wang-dang-doodles and woo-hoos on them, yet HS year in and year out extends their market share lead.  I imagine it's because they build a pretty dang good spa! :)

Good Mcdonalds point! I had a guy the other day comparing a cheap brand to mine. I asked him to give me an example of any pruduct where cheaper is better? He couldnt think of any.I do believe Hs would be violating a copy right law if they added a "wang-dang doodle" as I believe its being used on the Stuper duper custom falls apart model!

They could possibly add a woo hoo though , but that would have been appropriate only in the "sex in the hottub" thread.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 10:08:42 am by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 10:17:44 am »
Good point spaman!

Terminator

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 10:17:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42