What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artisian vs Hot Spring  (Read 13255 times)

lilly

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Artisian vs Hot Spring
« on: November 03, 2005, 03:47:43 pm »
I am interested in both spas.  Can anyone help me with the differences between them?  The  HS is a little more money but the Artesian guy keeps pitching more pumps...help!!

Hot Tub Forum

Artisian vs Hot Spring
« on: November 03, 2005, 03:47:43 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Artisian vs Hot Spring
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 03:50:18 pm »
The dealership I worked at sold both of those.  Which models are you looking at?
Measure once, cut twice.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 03:51:10 pm »
100% No-Bypass Filtration, that's the key...that's the key!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

lilly

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 03:51:29 pm »
The Vanguard from HS and I forget the name of the Artesian...it was just a bit smaller model if that helps!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 03:52:53 pm »
Single MotoMassage and DX MotoMassage, another piece of the puzzle.

Terminator

lilly

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 03:54:11 pm »
Can you elaborate on the moto massage things?  Also, the HS guy said his tub had "better" foam?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 03:57:54 pm »
I'd think a wet test would settle this pretty quick.

The HS has the moto massage wich some folks love, others hate. ...er, rather don't prefer. I shoud lsay. Personally I liked it, but the tub overall was not the right one for me and my wife. You shoud try it though, it is definetly worth the time to check out.

Better foam, must mean he feels the quality of the foam insulation is superior.

??
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 04:05:27 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 04:01:36 pm »
Can you elaborate on the moto massage things?  Also, the HS guy said his tub had "better" foam?

Yes ma'am, I'll be happy to.

The MotoMassage is the most unique jet in the spa industry and, arguably, the most popular jet ever.  In the standard single Moto configuration, a stream of water "paints" up and down your spine, giving you a top-to-bottom massage.  The 4 vertical holes create a slight pulsing sensation as the water passes through.

In the DX (Double) Moto configuration, 2 streams of water traverse the length of your back targeting the large muscles.  It provides a massage like no other jet in the industry.

They are only available on HotSpring Spas.

As far as foam, that is one of the least items I would be concerned with.  Artesian is a good quality spa that will last you many years.  The HotSpring Vanguard is a great spa that will last you a lifetime.

Good luck with whichever one is best for you. :)

Terminator

hymbaw

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 04:42:48 pm »
I don't sell either, but AFTER wet testing both you still are torn, I would lean to the HS. What is it Term, 700,000? people can't be wrong!

I think that foam issue is that HS uses "closed cell" foam, Artesian "open cell" foam. Closed cell foam wont absorb moisture as readily as open cell will.

As a Sundance dealer I worry more about HS than Artesian. With HS quality and reputation for taking care of their customers, they are tough to sell against.

Good Luck
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 04:46:40 pm »
Edited due to salesdvl informing the board that Artesian does indeed use closed cell foam, which is a good thing. :)

Terminator
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 10:00:38 am by East_TX_Spa »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 05:07:56 pm »
I would lean to the HS. What is it Term, 700,000? people can't be wrong!
Actually they have sold 700,000 tubs, which means that at an average of two family members per tub, carry the three, about 'Millions' of people can't be wrong.

Give or take.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chris_H

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 05:12:55 pm »
I thought Hotspring was the only one that used closed cell.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 05:17:19 pm »
I thought Hotspring was the only one that used closed cell.

Is that true?  Surely not in this day and age.

Terminator

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 05:58:35 pm »
They are both great tubs. Blow off all the sales jargon, and go with the tub that feels better to you. If you like the feel of both tubs then go with which ever dealer you feel more comfortable with. I chose an Artesian (Piper Glen) over a HS or a Caldera (the HS dealer also sold Caldera) because it was a better fit for me. Don't get caught up in marketing hype. For example, the type of foam used is not going to be as important as how well it insulates. Does closed cell insulate better then open cell. I haven't got a clue, but then you would also need to take into account the weight of the foam, and how much is used. I have not noticed that my Piper Glen has any problem holding in heat, but I'm certain that the same would be said about HS. As to the number of jets, the number of pumps, or the HP of the pumps, doesn't necessarily have a lot to do with the quality of the message you will get. I'll admit being a over clocking gear head type I was intrigued by the PG's use of 5 pumps. Does the fact that the PG uses more pumps mean you'll get a better message then in a HS, NO . Is the Moto message in the HS hands down the best way of doing things,  NO.. Try them both, and then trust your own judgement. They are both good tubs, as are many others that are discussed on these boards.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 06:13:00 pm »
Well, you certainly are getting a lot of sales pitches here. As an Arteisan Dealer and a Service Company of both brands, all I will tell you is wet test. See the difference for yourself and decide which tub is really the best for you and your family. They are both fabulous companies. Let your back, legs, shoulders and neck decide and not the type of foam sprayed behind your cabinet.  I think you will be surprised. Goodluck and enjoy the hot water. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 06:13:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42