What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Feel like biggest sucker around ..Thermospa  (Read 41380 times)

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Feel like biggest sucker around ..Thermospa
« on: October 11, 2005, 08:35:55 pm »
Earlier today I posted my first thread for opinions on
Thermospas...wish I wouldn't done so.  Talk about a can of worms!   Sometimes ignorance is better than knowledge when its to late to do anything about a decision.  Wish I had never forund this forum.  Here's my story.   After wet testing three different Thermospas at homes of friends living near me  I listened to them  tell me about how great Thermospas were and that the customer service was fantastic,...due to their satisfaction,  I purhased a Concord Deluxe.  I now will not be able to sleep after finding and reading the negative post on this forum.  My own brother in law actually reccommended the Thermospa to me.  He has had one for over 5 years and has had no problems.  He told me that he still gets calls on a monthly basis to see if everything is operating OK on his spa.   After hearing my friends good copmments, I called Thermospa, got the CD,  had a site inspection, the sales pitch (kind of high pressure, but made me laugh to myself at times,  and the salesman kept saying he was giving me an education on Spas)  and  purchased one.   Its too late for me to cancel my order, but boy, do I feel like I got the royal screw after reading the negative post here.  Yes, the price was more than others, but, to me, it looked like Themospas really built a good product and had lots of advantages.   Guess there has to be buyers like me so others can make a good living.  Well, at least I helped the economy grow.   Right now, I feel depressed and really do need a hot tub....maybe a Jack and coke would be better.    

Hot Tub Forum

Feel like biggest sucker around ..Thermospa
« on: October 11, 2005, 08:35:55 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Feel like biggest sucker around ..Thermospa
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 08:50:57 pm »
Yes Thermospas has a horrible reputation, BUT... owning a spa is a wonderful thing and as you mentioned, there are people with these spas that have had a positive experience. Hopefully, you are one of those and we all wish you well in your purchase.

Don't loose sleep over it and get all upset. Enjoy this fantastic purchase of one of the most therapeutic devices one can own. Let us know how the process goes and be sure to give us feedback. A positive purchase is what we want everyone to have regardless of their choice.

Steve

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 08:51:42 pm »
Save the Jack and Coke and celebrate with it when your tub comes in!  If you wet tested it and liked it, and you have local support and unbiased recommendations from friends, I think you'll be fine.

fletch49

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 08:59:01 pm »
I can't personally speak of Thermospa, but take what you read in a forum with a huge grain of salt!

If you made your decision based on actual customer satisfaction levels of people you know who own a Thermospa, then I would say you made an informed decision.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 09:44:25 pm »
I agree with the comments of "DON'T WORRY". As said, you have positive feedback from friends and owning a spa is GREAT.

Ask people about their spa brand and they got (or get) negatives ... except for maybe 4 brands or so. And even those 4 brands have problems, they all do!

The bottom line is AS LONG AS YOUR HAPPY, who cares what others think!

BTW, I got interested in a spa because of seeing Thermo in a television show.

HAPPY TUBBING!!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 08:49:01 am »
Teach...

Not sure what to tell you.  Most of the negative feedback that  I've heard about T.S is  overly aggresive sales pitch, no wet test,  lack of local support and inflated prices.

You seem to be fine with the sales pitch process and have wet tested.  Your family has reported  satisfictory post sales support, so really the only question is, the price.   You may have overpaid a bit, maybe, maybe not. But as you said the deal is done and when you did sign, the $ was acceptable. So I wouldn't beat yourself up too bad.

The truth is, there aren't too many T.S owners on this forum and the "bad" reputation they have may be   partly due to some over aggresive sales folks here (Say it aint so!).

I've heard the T.S spas are decent, and from what you said it sounds like you got a spa that your happy with. Enjoy. Don't beat yourself up that maybe you might have save a buck or two. It's water through the filter now.

When did you ink the deal? Most sales that are done in the consumers house have a 3 day "coolling off period" where you can back out for any reason.  Also, if you regret the deal that much and are past the cooling off period, you may be able to back out by crying really loud and long to T.S corportate and indicate that you were drunk, drugged or under duress when you signed, and if you can't back out, then you will contact the BBB, the Attorney General and ITC....this probably wuldn't work, but if you feel you have made a huge mistake, it may be worth running your remorse up the T.S Food chian,  beyond the sales team.

I look forward to you contributing as T.S owner.  

Now, you mentioned a Jack and Coke? Now we're talking. Make mine a double.   :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 08:54:40 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 08:53:31 am »
There was a famous, at least here website, that an unsatisfied TS owner put up, documenting all their problems.  The one thing I remember about it was one of the problems was filters cracking. My tub uses the exact same filter and I had that problem, but the dealer (R.I.P.) replaced the quickly with some from a new batch and all was fine.  I know that owner had other problems, but that stuck in my mind. I hope you will continue to follow up and let us know how it goes.  Clearly TS is changing thier marketing somewhat, and maybe that is a good thing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 01:18:22 pm »
It would be interesting for you to share your price, model and what your thoughts are as to what made the spa a good value to you at that price.

It would also be interesting to find out what state your in...We don't see many thermospa customers in my neck of the woods.

I think this info would be good shared with everyone but if you feel uncomfortable with that PM me or email me.

cappykat

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 01:46:13 pm »
I agree with Stuart.  If you're comfortable sharing what you paid, model, etc.  I think it's helpful for all of us reading the forum to know what people paid for various models.

There are going to be some who get better deals than others due to geographic area, economy, dealer, volume, etc.

As far as TS...like the others have said, if you're happy with the purchase, you've had positive feedback from family, price paid...then don't worry about it.  Enjoy what you have and hopefully you'll enjoy it for years to come.

Good luck!
2005 Marquis Epic

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 03:35:50 pm »
Don't sweat it Teach. You will do enough of that in your new hot tub when you get in it. I'm sure there are many satisfied T/S customers out there. The main thing is you did look into it with people that have them and you liked what you saw. Now it is time to enjoy it. I have an Image Icon spa and there is alot of negitive feed back on this form about them too, but you know what i have had it for a year and a half and i love it. The main thing is to take care of it.
This form is full of great information but you need to work out a system that fits your tub and your needs.
If a problem does come up i'm sure you will find the right answers to your qustions here. Relax and enjoy your 1st Jack and Coke on me when you are sipping it in your new hot tub. Good luck stay positive and everything will work out OK!! ;D

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 06:59:11 pm »
To reply to your request......the main reason I purchased a Thermospa was due to the fact that three friends in my town have owned Thermospa for several years and I had the opportunity to use them quite a few times.  They told me how happy they were with their spas They were surprised that they still get customer service phone calls that constantly check on how things are going with their spas.  They seemed quite happy with the customer service. I liked the features like thermal blanket insulation vrs foam filled, individual punps and controls for each seat.  Seemed like there were lots of options and controls for the Thermospas.   I do know that 2 of my friends' tubs had a problem that was taken care of quickly with no espense to them.  One of the spa owners is my brother-in-law and I tended to trust his opinion.  In his opinion, Thermospa was the best spa even with the higher price tag.   I just wanted to purchase a spa that would not be a pain in the butt and have alot of repairs.  The money spent wasn't as important as quality for me.  Boy, I quess we may all be fools from the post I have read.   The Thermospa I purchased  was the Concord Deluxe with 102 jets, 5 punps ( one for each seat plus the bubble maker), Therrmosone ozonator,  lighted hand rails,  cover and cover lift, chemical package, delivery and set up etc.   Hold on to you hats....price paid including 6% sales tax....$12,700.00.   I live in the westen part of PA.   I seem to always make the mistake of after buying a high ticket item that I want, I then search the internet to see other opinions of my purchase.  Looks like I've learned a big, expensive lesson.  Research on the net first and then purchase.    
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 06:24:45 am by teach »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 07:14:14 pm »
The Thermospa I purchased  was the Concord Deluxe with 102 jets, 5 punps ( one for each seat plus the bubble maker), Therrmosone ozonator,  lighted hand rails,  chemical package, delivery and set up etc.   Hold on to you hats....price paid including 6% sales tax....$12,700.00.

Well...they saw you coming! ;)

102 jets? Is there any acrylic on this spa? You, my good man, have been oversold! Care to see the mess of plumbing under THAT unit? Oy Vay! :o

Steve

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 07:17:50 pm »
If the Concorde is the biggest spa - the money isn't too far off. Artesian sells their Piper Glen with 5 Therapy pumps for around $10,000. There are MANY manufacturers that have tubs around the $10K price tag. Pricing is a touchy subject and people buy tubs for all different prices, the sister tub to my tub was bought for $1,000 less than I paid for it but I still bought mine.

You got good advice from people you trust AND you wet tested them and you liked it.

I'd say that you did OK, don't feel bad at all!

Enjoy your tub and don't worry about it!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 08:00:01 pm »
Don't you have a right to cancel law of some kind on in home purchases before delivery?

We have a 3 day Right to Rescind on in-home purchases but most companies will let you out of a contract up until the product is shipped.

salesdvl

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 08:02:58 pm »
  After wet testing three different Thermospas at homes of friends living near me  I listened to them  tell me about how great Thermospas were and that the customer service was fantastic,...due to their satisfaction,  I purhased a Concord Deluxe.     

Look at it this way; You could potentially be the 4th happy Thermospa owner.

Just kidding.   Relax.  They are all big boxes of hot water in the back yard.  Once it's delivered, you'll be fine.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 08:02:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42