What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decision made!!  (Read 3882 times)

jdheffer

Decision made!!
« on: October 31, 2005, 09:21:45 pm »
Well, we did it.  This was one of the toughest purchases I have ever made.  I want to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all of the valuable information!!

It came down to the D1 Californian/Chairman II and the Marquis Epic.  We loved the D1s, but the Epic just fit us better.  After some haggling I think I got a good price, of course not as low as I would have liked, but good none the less.  $9,100 including: cover, lift, steps, startup kit, delivery & setup.

I finished adding on to my existing wall in the backyard and just had concrete poured this week.  I have a lot of landscaping left to do, but that can wait until spring.  The electrician should be coming later this week and the tub should be here in two or three weeks.  I can't wait!!!

I would put some pics out here, but I'm not sure how to do this.  I tried 'insert image', but it didn't give me a path to the pics.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Decision made!!
« on: October 31, 2005, 09:21:45 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Decision made!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 07:25:12 am »
Hey JD, good choice! I went through the same anxiety and we also picked the Epic.  Your price was just about exactly what I paid. (Until my husband added the sound system!)  I also am waiting for the electrician but my deck went up over the weekend so we are really excited.  Much luck...check out Kappycat's new Epic and beautiful landscaping project. She is thrilled with her choice!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

drprwnap

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 07:31:09 am »
Congrats JD,
You made a great choice.  My Epic is FANTASTIC!  ;D
It's a lot work getting ready for delivery.  I had to expand my deck because of the size of the tub.  Worth every penny.
Hope everything goes smooth for you.

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 08:22:00 am »
Congrats, JD!!  Excellent choice!  I use www.imageshack.us to host my pictures.  Once you upload them you will get the "code" to post them here.  You just copy/paste the embeddable code for forums and voila...you have your pictures.

You will have to register to use the service.  I don't remember what that entails, probably name, etc.

drprwnap...where are your pictures??

bonibelle...can't wait to see your finished project.  
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 08:23:22 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

drprwnap

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 09:29:43 am »

drprwnap...where are your pictures?? 

I'm working on it.  I've been trying to use the thumbnail link.  For some reason, it's not working.  I'll give it one more try and if it doesn't work, I just post big pics.

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 02:04:57 pm »
I can't get the thumbnail to work either.  Just post the big ones.
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 02:09:27 pm »
Congrats JD. It's always good to see people spend the time to make an informed choice. Good luck.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jdheffer

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 09:06:32 pm »
I use www.imageshack.us to host my pictures.  Once you upload them you will get the "code" to post them here.  You just copy/paste the embeddable code for forums and voila...you have your pictures.

Thanks for the image advice cappykat!!  I love your landscaping, it is beautiful!  I wish I lived in a climate like yours to have that kind of landscaping!

Here are some pics of my extended keystone wall and new patio for our Epic.  The tub is suppose to be here in two weeks.  The waiting begins.  I guess I could start on the planting.  Yes, that is sand in my backyard.  A beach in Nebraska, hard to believe!

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 09:17:16 pm »
Wow, what a gorgeous house and yard you have.  

jdheffer

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 09:21:50 pm »
Thanks!  We like it.  Too bad winter will show up soon.

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 09:44:23 pm »
I would love winter to be here soon.... its been in the 90s the last 2 days.  Uh, November... 90s, just doesn't go together when you live above the equator.

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 10:10:46 pm »
Dear Brooke,
Pleae stop flaunting your 90 degree temps.  Those of us that are not as geographically well-off would appreciate it.   ;)    ;)    ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

Brookenstein

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 10:39:12 pm »
I'm an implant, this weather isn't natural.  

This is the weather I'm used to...

Wed
Nov 2   Showers
52°/45°

Thu
Nov 3   Rain / Wind
53°/44°

Fri
Nov 4   Showers
51°/42°

Sat
Nov 5   Showers
50°/45°

Sun
Nov 6   Showers
57°/47°

Mon
Nov 7   Few Showers
56°/43°

Tue
Nov 8   Showers
56°/41°

« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 10:39:47 pm by Brookenstein »

tootsie

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 11:39:16 pm »
I'm confused,  is this a really huge yard or is it a small 3 wheeler and trailer ???

either way, it looks great.

I hope this spring I can make my backyard look half as good as the pictures being posted lately

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 11:39:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42