What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Have you ever seen a cover like this?  (Read 7740 times)

Brookenstein

Have you ever seen a cover like this?
« on: October 30, 2005, 12:53:56 pm »

I just got pics of the used Maxxus.  The ad mentioned a new metal cover and I thought they meant cover lifter... apparently not.  Is this something that I would have to replace?

Hot Tub Forum

Have you ever seen a cover like this?
« on: October 30, 2005, 12:53:56 pm »

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
Re: Have you ever seen a cover like this?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 12:59:34 pm »
This cover is for a differant spa, probably a built in the ground tub or swim spa, it will work but could scratch the spas surface, it also is not a perfect fit for that spa, you may want to order a replacement cover from the manufacturer.

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 01:53:55 pm »
Thanks for the info.

This is what she just responded with...

Yes it really is a spa cover.  We still have the original spa cover sitting on the side of the house (gray).  The fire of July 04  was right behind us and the old spa cover got some ember burns on it and after 3 years needed to be replaced so the poolman that lives next door to us recommend this to us.  It was $1000 for this cover.  The spa  is not filled because they had to move it for the pool. It is sitting on our patio.  We have never had any problem and it works  great.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 01:58:07 pm »
Something isn't adding up, Brooke.  $1000 my butt.  It looks terrible (the cover).  Why are they getting rid of it?

In my experience, most of the people getting rid of relatively new spas are getting rid of a headache.  Sundance is a top of the line spa, so it makes me even more sceptical.  If it sounds fishy to you, excercise caution.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 02:08:16 pm »
I agree that the cover looks terrible.  I thought it looked like a ping pong table or air hockey, lol.  I can't believe a pool guy would reccomend this and that someone would be stupid enough to pay that much for it?  I gathered from that email that they got an inground pool and that is why they are getting rid of the spa... also why it is empty and I can't see it filled.

I wish it wasn't so far away... its 80+ miles and I don't want to miss football to go look at it if its crap.. especially when I can't even see it up and running.

Is there anything to look at or that I would even be able to notice if this was a problem spa?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 02:10:30 pm »
I doubt the spa is crap, it's a good spa.  You might ask the nice lady to open up the equipment compartment and take pics.  Under the skirt is where all the naughtiness can usually be found.

If she won't do it, that'll tell you a lot.

Also, never buy a used spa without seeing it filled and running.

Terminator
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 02:15:22 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 02:24:51 pm »
Her emails are coming out of order... I think the software of the ad company must have had a delay.

Anyway, yes, they are putting in a pool and that is why they are selling it.  It is now sitting on the porch, rather than its old location.  I don't think it is near the wiring anymore.

I emailed her back about my concern on not seeing it up and running.  We'll see what she says.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 03:10:26 pm »
brook,

you always have an adventure dont you  ;D that "cover" looks like it belongs on the side of a shed. at least they are trying to keep the shell out of direct sunlight.  80+ miles and cant se it running????? I agree with East......check under the hood.
Marquis dealer

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 05:39:10 pm »
Also, understand that this has a wood cabinet.  Not that it is a problem...I love my wood cabinet...but they take periodic maintenance.

Lets see.  You can't see it running, it needs a new cover, they probably want it out of their yard.  If you're adventurous, may be able to get this for very short dollars.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 07:36:24 pm »
Kinda looks like an aluminum cover from b-lite. $1000 is a good price for that in a 3 piece cover.......... We'd get closer to $1200.

It looks though like it wasn't made to the proper shape...... At least the corners look way off. They're a GREAT cover. I've seen many that have lasted 15 or more years. There's supposed to be a rubber gasket on the underside that seals to the top of the spa.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 07:44:02 pm »
I do believe the woman that she paid $1000 for it, so I'm glad to hear what you said Dr Spa.

As of right now I have a horrible migraine and I've pretty much said no to the whole thing.  We'll see if I change my mind later.  

I spoke to the local Sundance dealer for about 25 minutes which I thought was awesome customer service when I told him first off I was looking at buying something used private party.  He gave me a lot to think about.  But right now cause of pain... I'll leave it short with, cost of moving and cost of pad in addition to things of the 02 model like the wood skirt and expensive pumps, expensive to run, bla bla is making me lean towards no.

Back to bed now.

Oh, Dr. Spa I do have ?'s for you later and plan to PM ya... so look fo it when the narcotics kick in.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 08:37:07 am »
Oh, Dr. Spa I do have ?'s for you later and plan to PM ya... so look fo it when the narcotics kick in.

I hope pictures will be included  :P
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Brookenstein

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 08:53:35 am »
Apparently my pic must be offensive as I posted it at 11 pm PST and the entire thread was deleted by the time I got up at 5:45.   :-/

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 09:15:36 am »
Apparently my pic must be offensive as I posted it at 11 pm PST and the entire thread was deleted by the time I got up at 5:45.   :-/

No by no means, I just thought the whole sex in the hottub/ she is a hottie threads were going overboard and might start offending people. Strictly a judgement call and nothing personal.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 09:29:27 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brookenstein

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 09:28:39 am »
So why is the sex in the hot tub thread still here?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 09:28:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42