What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Superior Spa  (Read 6659 times)

OKC

• We love LA
Superior Spa
« on: October 18, 2005, 11:03:58 pm »
Does anybody know about this brand?  We are looking at this particular model.

http://superiorspasonline.com/spa11spec.html

Any help would be appreciated.

OKC
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 08:34:36 am by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

Superior Spa
« on: October 18, 2005, 11:03:58 pm »

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Superior Spa
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 10:47:43 am »
What a joke.  Spent more time & money developing web site than designing spa.  Warranty statements like that kill me.  Your better off looking at a reputable brand like Sundance, Marquis, Hot Springs, D-1, Jacuzzi or Caldera.  I'm sure more people will post comments.  I despise companies that mislead people as you can tell. :P

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 10:56:47 am »
This might provide some of the information you're looking for.  It is a post I made on April 1, 2005.  Do a search on "Superior Spas" and be sure to click on 100 days range.  You'll be able to see the rest of the post.

If this is Superior Spas out of Oklahoma, caveat emptor.  These goobers set up on the side of the road a few months ago offering "factory direct spas."  One of my customers stopped by and talked to them.  He asked where they were made.  "Oklahoma.  We sell them so cheap because we eliminate the middle man."

When my customer asked if they were from Oklahoma, they said "No, Shreveport, Louisiana.  We're reps."

My customer "Well, then doesn't that make you the middle man?"

Superior Spas "No, we're with the factory.  This spa is worth $10,000 but we're selling it this weekend for $4,799.  If you want a waterfall, we'll put one in.  If you want 100 jets, we'll put em in.  You order the spa, and we'll bring it back in about 6 weeks."

My customer "Who does service on them?"

Superior Spas "Anybody will work on them.  They're pretty simple."

Caveat emptor my friend.  Do the research on line and see what you find.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 11:32:10 pm »
My wife did a little checking today on this company.  Turns out they are built in Oklahoma City.  They are built by the same people that run the spa and pool store in Oklahoma City.  I dont really have a problem with that.

She asked about service and warranty and here is what she was told.  25 yrs on the outside.  I would think that would mean the cabinet.  They use oak instead of redwood.  10 years on the interior and 5 years on parts.  That seems in line with some of the others.  Techs are right here if there is a problem.  This paticular store has been around since i believe 2002, at least that is when they became a member of the BBB.  The only down side that I have been able to tell is that they are not a name brand.  Is that really a bad thing or do you think that someone else could make a pretty good spa for the money.  

There is not a wide selection for spas in Oklahoma city.  A couple of brands that are not in town are Caldera and Calspa to just name a fesw.  I really dont want to make long distance phone calls and wait 2 days for a tech to take care of a problem if there is one.  Im looking for more input.  Educate me please.  Ive just started looking.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 01:20:44 am »
I really dont want to make long distance phone calls and wait 2 days for a tech to take care of a problem if there is one.  Im looking for more input.  

Relative to your point above, I Agree. However, you also don't want to have a warranty that is not fully backed. Anyone can give you a warranty on paper but that aper won't mean you'll be satisfied with how things are handled. What matters is how the manufacturers/dealers follow through. I'm not familair with this brand but I've heard so many stories from some of these unknowns that aren't great relative to service. At the same time, maybe they'll be great at covering your needs. I'd look for some owners, see if  they've had issues, what type and see how they were handled.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 09:22:25 am »
You make a good point.  They seem to back-up their product.  I will check further.   Price is a factor for us but is not the only factor.  Can you get a decent spa between $5,000-$6,000?  Again we are just starting to look but would like to decide on something before the weather gets to cold.  

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 09:30:16 am »
OKC, check your private messages.
Measure once, cut twice.

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 12:31:13 pm »
I would find out more about that 25 year warranty. How much is full and how much is pro-rated? It looks like that lounger accomodates people with 3 legs? :P Whats up with that?

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 01:04:46 pm »
IIt looks like that lounger accomodates people with 3 legs? :P Whats up with that?

Well, I dont like to brag......
Measure once, cut twice.

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 09:15:20 pm »
That made me Laugh :D

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 01:13:46 pm »
OKC,

I thought you might be from my neck of the woods!  I bought my HotSpring in Norman 2 years ago.  They don't sell tubs anymore.  You might want to check out Leisure Time, they sell Sundance, they sold Marquis in 2002, but not sure if they sell them anymore.  Also Emerald Springs in Bethany, they had LA Spas and Artesian in 2002.  They were terrific.  I never made it in to see the Superior Spas, the store is closed on Sunday, & I never made it back up that way.  Anyway, we do have a limited choice here, but there are some great dealers in town.  Be sure and check them out, too.  They are worth a look.

Good luck!  Take your time!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Randy73

• Old enough to know better
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 01:38:59 am »
Hi OKC!  I'm another Okie in the spa chase.  Had a pool contracter from Chickasha tell me to stay away from OK made spas.  
Norman has HS dealer that moved to different location that was to small for demo spas.  They will order for you.  Have a friend that did this.  They prefer dealing with the HS dealer in Ardmore for chemicals.  
Check Ada "Fun Time Pools" if you are interested in Jaccuzi.  Hope this helps some. Good luck.

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 01:54:21 am »
Thanks for the input everyone.  We are still looking but getting a little anxious, with the cold weather coming.  We hope to decide within a couple of weeks.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 01:54:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42