What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wiring problem??  (Read 3565 times)

harry_the_jet

• n8kid fun
Wiring problem??
« on: October 19, 2005, 09:39:46 am »
question for the general body.  The Jacuzzi J385 was installed and filled last night.  breaker was turned on and all worked...except that Pump #1 would not turn off.  Additionally, the twin waterfalls would not shut off either.  Consequently, i turned it off for the night.  My initial thought is that the wiring in the tub is connected to the wrong jumpers.  Any thoughts or any experience with this?  thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Wiring problem??
« on: October 19, 2005, 09:39:46 am »

socal

• so it begins
Re: Wiring problem??
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 01:03:06 pm »
Our tubs (Marquis) pump 1 runs to filter/heat the water. Also, the waterfall is controlled by pump 1. If it was just installed and coming up to temp (as well as going through filtering) then thats whats going on.
Marquis dealer

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 01:06:51 pm »
question for the general body.  The Jacuzzi J385 was installed and filled last night.  breaker was turned on and all worked...except that Pump #1 would not turn off.  Additionally, the twin waterfalls would not shut off either.  Consequently, i turned it off for the night.  My initial thought is that the wiring in the tub is connected to the wrong jumpers.  Any thoughts or any experience with this?  thanks

Obviously your dealer needs to get involved if there is an issue where you can't manually turn it off. Are you saying it would not shut off at all manually or are you saying after shutting it off it kept turning back on?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

harry_the_jet

• n8kid fun
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 01:31:53 pm »
after further investigation...and admitted newbie ignorance...turns out the waterfall is controlled via Pump 1, but can be turned off at the waterfall itself.  Also, in reading more, Pump cannot be turned off if the pump is in AUTOMATIC mode.  So....i think I am ok and appreciate the feedback...Newbie getting wiser.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 08:17:24 pm »
We've probably all been there.  
Some advice for a newby- Don't remove the diverter valve if the pump serving that diverter is running.
Don't ask me how I know that.
Good thing we have a control panel near that valve.
Brewman

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 11:27:56 pm »
We've probably all been there.  
 Some advice for a newby- Don't remove the diverter valve if the pump serving that diverter is running.
 Don't ask me how I know that.
Good thing we have a control panel near that valve.

Oh dont be so coy Brewman,.. you were just demonstrating your spas unique hidden 4 foot tall fountain.

So how wet you get before you got it shut off? ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 08:35:53 am »

Oh dont be so coy Brewman,.. you were just demonstrating your spas unique hidden 4 foot tall fountain.

So how wet you get before you got it shut off? ;D

Not as much as I could have.  I had the presence of mind to shut off the pump as soon as the geyser appeared.  Definately one of those senior moments.
But I'm only 44.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 08:36:14 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 08:35:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42