What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: price  (Read 5171 times)

pafager

price
« on: October 10, 2005, 04:28:17 pm »
I just started looking at spas. I only need a small one, 3 person. Are the prices on these things negotiable? are we supposed to play the bargaining game, like buying a car? I hate that! if so, is there any kind of guideline for how much below asking price they can/will go?
I was quoted $6900 for a Sundance Capri

Hot Tub Forum

price
« on: October 10, 2005, 04:28:17 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: price
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 04:35:29 pm »
I just started looking at spas. I only need a small one, 3 person. Are the prices on these things negotiable? are we supposed to play the bargaining game, like buying a car? I hate that! if so, is there any kind of guideline for how much below asking price they can/will go?

It REALLY depends on the dealer. Some price them with some wiggle room figuring to get more from some people and less from others but need x% on average. Some dealers go the Saturn route by deciding they'll simply charge everyone that x% per spa that they need to stay profitable and leave much less wiggle room. In the end, you can always try and in my case I don't feel good unless I do try to see if I can get a better deal regardless of what I'm purchasing (my mother would haggle over anything and I learned from her though she is still the champ).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 04:38:25 pm »

If this picture works, this is a real comfortable 3-4 person from hotspring.

Ehizzle

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 04:43:04 pm »
I agree with what spatech is saying about dealer pricing.  It's different depending on where you go. Sometimes you have in between what he said. Some customers are going to haggle weather the dealer does or not. So some dealers will quote a little higher than they can actually sell it at first so when the customer asks for a better price they can feel that the salesman is working for them. Sounds kinda wierd but true.

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 05:07:38 pm »

This is a popular model for Cal Spas
-SpaMan~

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 06:11:27 pm »
That's funny! pafager asked about a Sundance Capri and all of a sudden there are pictures of a hot spring and a cal. VERY helpful!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 06:12:05 pm by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 06:13:59 pm »
That's funny! pafager asked about a Sundance Capri and all of a sudden there are pictures of a hot spring and a cal. VERY helpful!

I hate when that happens.  Let's confuse the consumer even more...

Ehizzle

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 06:20:02 pm »
Sounded like a request for information on 3 person tubs to me, but hey what do I know.

mjb

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 06:59:40 pm »
Iwould see if the dealer has a couple hundred
dollars to work with, or some nice accessories
to throw in.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 08:03:11 pm »
First off, the inquiry was about "3 person spas" and not SOLEY on the one mentioned if you re-read it Wisoki. Always poised to attack aren’t ya? ::) BTW...your response was very helpful too to the question posed. ::)
I don't think giving the consumer "choices" is confusing at all. Why are we all in this business? Silly comment...

To answer your question of the ability to negotiate pafager, it never hurts to try and the worst you'll get is a no. As mentioned, there's no set rule that every dealer follows when it comes to pricing. It takes the ability to research and then determine value based on what you have found out in your given area.

Understand that some consumers don't feel that they've made a great purchase until there has been some negotiation; hence the dealers inflate prices to allow for this. Others try to show their best price and add value by including optional extras which is more common.

My suggestion would be to mention your location here  to try and gain an understanding of previous purchases made in your area to judge value and price. Prices do vary across the region due to shipping costs and other variables which can make determining pricing more difficult.

Check out Hydropool as well if you can.

:P

Steve
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 08:06:54 pm by Steve »

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 08:04:46 pm »

WOW are you touchy! The post asked about a 3 person spa and about price. She said she had a price on a sundance. Reread the post. You can post a pic of a sundance, your allowed. Spray some water on your devils breath!!            LOL!!!

cappykat

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 10:41:35 am »
Right on...the poster was asking for suggestions--not just on the Sundance Capri.

As for price and negotiating.  The more you learn about the spas you're interested in the better you can negotiate price.  Do a search on a particular brand on this site and you'll see the prices that have been paid.  You can get an average and an idea of what you can expect to pay.  Do some research and gather information.  The more you know the better you'll be able to negotiate.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 10:42:57 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

hymbaw

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 12:17:17 pm »
The price you were quoted for the Capri was in the ballpark. You might want to check out the Metro by Sundance, slighty smaller and will save you about a grand.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 12:47:16 pm »
How about one for less then 4K that does everything you want? Try the Marquis Hideaway...
[link]http://marquisspas.com/hideaway/hideaway.asp[/link]

Jims

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 01:42:30 pm »
Did you buy yet

We are looking for small as well conparing the Solana TX (fits in the room best) Leisure Bay Chena Hot Springs Jetsetter or Sundance Metro

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 01:42:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42