What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jetsetter  (Read 2532 times)

Brookenstein

Jetsetter
« on: October 13, 2005, 05:21:50 pm »
I have a few questions... hope someone can help.

Anyone know how many people can really fit in it?  It says 1, 2 or 3 on the website, but is that realistic given it is a small tub?  We are a family of 4... the man is 6' but skinny, I'm 5', the kids are 5 and 18mo.  Most likely it would be used during the days by me and the kids and at night by me and the man.

How much does one sell for new (I'm in SoCal)?  What would a reasonable price be for a used one that was never used?  Should I be skepticle of a used one that was never used?  My friend's co-worker's son is a plumber and got it from a client who couldn't pay him or something like that, so he gave him this 'brand new never used' spa as payment.  The son is now selling it, asking $2500 I believe.

I know this isn't as big as I would like, but I'm wondering if any (decent) spa is better than no spa.  I assume there is no warranty, so would I just call the local Hot Spring dealer (~30 miles away) to make sure they will service it?

TIA!

Hot Tub Forum

Jetsetter
« on: October 13, 2005, 05:21:50 pm »

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
Re: Jetsetter
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 05:29:16 pm »
I sell the Jetsetter for $5400. The price he is asking for sounds fair if it is just like he is saying. What year is the spa? The warranty is just to the original purchaser. I would say it will fit 2 adults. You should be able to fit your 5 year old too. Will the 18 month old be using it?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 05:31:05 pm »
Brooke, I would jump all over that in a heart beat, especially if it is less than 10 years old.  If it's a 2000 model or newer, you can probably sell it for a profit.

A new one in East Texas will cost you $6100.  It would be a good size for you and your family right now, but as the kids grow you will definitely want a bigger one.  You, your husband, and the 5 year old will have plenty of room with the baby sitting in your lap.

One of my customers got 15 people in his Jetsetter at his birthday party.  They're all drunken heathens, though.

I recently sold a 2000 model for one of my customers for $3800.  Good luck!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 05:33:20 pm »
Welcome to the board.

Hot Springs makes a good product.  As far as how many, I'd say 2 comfortably and/or 3 close freinds. Being your childeren are young, I would think it would work out fine (IMO).
Marquis dealer

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 05:41:36 pm »
That sounds like a good deal but that is really a 2 adult spa (1 adult and 2 small kids if you don't mind them crawling on you). Usually it's best to buy a spa that can fit 1 more than the expected occupants so you have some room to maneuver but if you get a really good deal maybe the size becomes less important.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 05:50:52 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.  I text messaged my friend at work, but I'm not sure if she checks it.  They are strict about no personal phone calls and whatnot.  I wanted her to get more details from the coworker.  I was under the impression it was brand new, so I was guessing 04 or 05 model.

I really wanted a 5 person spa, but budget wise I don't see it happening right now.   I've been the one pushing for a spa, but the man hurt his back and now that he is in pain he's considering it... and the price is at leat in our favor.  I think I might need to take advantage of his pain while I can.   ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 06:01:28 pm »
I really wanted a 5 person spa, but budget wise I don't see it happening right now.   I've been the one pushing for a spa, but the man hurt his back and now that he is in pain he's considering it... and the price is at leat in our favor.  I think I might need to take advantage of his pain while I can.   ;)

If that is really a year or so old you can probably use it for a couple years and get half your money back or more at that price and then upgrade
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 06:02:54 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 06:01:49 pm »

If that is really a year or so old you can probably use it for a couple years and get half your money back or more at that price and then upgrade.

My thoughts exactly!!!!   :)

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 01:06:51 am »
I have one and love it. 3 very close friends can use it but I suggest 2 persons max for comfort.

Brookenstein

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 02:53:41 pm »
Oh I am so bummed.  The guy sold the Jetsetter for $1000 on Friday before his mom got there to tell him I was interested.   :'(

So that means one of two things... either I don't get a spa or I get a new more expensive one.  Sure hope I can convince the man of the latter....   :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 02:53:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42