What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie ..Opinion of thermospas ? also 1 inch drop.  (Read 2373 times)

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Newbie ..Opinion of thermospas ? also 1 inch drop.
« on: October 11, 2005, 11:05:23 am »
Newbie to this forum and was looking at Thermospa hot tubs.  They seem to be a bit pricey,  but the quality and warranty seemed better than others...anybody ever considered Thermospa.  Seems like it isn't mentioned in the forum.   Just wondered why?     Also, will be placeing a spa on a concrete patio that has 1 inch drop over a 9 feet length for water drainage off patio from house.   Will that 1 inch drop over 9 feet  be a problem  for placement of a hot tub ?  i know they should be perfectly level but don't wnat to have to shim.     Thanks in advance for your opinions.    

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie ..Opinion of thermospas ? also 1 inch drop.
« on: October 11, 2005, 11:05:23 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Newbie ..Opinion of thermospas ? also 1 inch d
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 11:20:58 am »
Newbie to this forum and was looking at Thermospa hot tubs.  They seem to be a bit pricey,  but the quality and warranty seemed better than others...anybody ever considered Thermospa.  Seems like it isn't mentioned in the forum.   Just wondered why?    

Do a search on them here and elsewhere. Without a local dealer I'd worry about who would perform service when needed. As far as quality goes, don't let a picture in a brochure decide that for you. You really need to be able to inspect the spa and even then you can only learn so much so more than anyhting it comes down to the reputation they have for quality and the feedback from others.

Also, will be placeing a spa on a concrete patio that has 1 inch drop over a 9 feet length for water drainage off patio from house.   Will that 1 inch drop over 9 feet  be a problem  for placement of a hot tub ?  i know they should be perfectly level but don't wnat to have to shim.     Thanks in advance for your opinions.    

A 1" slope over 9' would equate to about 1/2" to 2/3" seen within the tub. That shouldn't be a problem but it can depend on which side of the tub has the high jets and which side of the tub has the higher water line when you set the tub in place.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 11:24:59 am »
Welcome to the board! :)

Since you did ask for opinions, I'll be happy to give mine.

I believe you can buy a similiar spa for $6-7,000 just about anywhere in the country.  I see nothing that this company offers that would justify the exhorbinant price mark-up on what amounts to a typical generic spa.  I'm sure the salespeople are excellent and put on a good show, but be dilligent and do the research.  I believe you can find better spas at more reasonable prices.

Again, that's my opinion.  Try the spa for yourself.  If it's the spa for you and you believe you are getting your money's worth, enjoy it.  Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 11:33:39 am »
Have you had the salesman invade your home yet? I have not personally talked to a TS owner, but most people can't get past the salespeople and their tactics.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 11:41:15 am »
Thanks for your opinion.....The reason I was considering the Thermospa is because there is a distributor close to me called Classic Spas and from the people I have talked to that have brought a spa from them tell me their service is great and that they constalntly call you, even years later, to see if eveything is going OK with your spa..

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 11:58:43 am »
The distributors are a new era for Thermospa.  Maybe a good one we will see.  My only gripe against them have been the obnoxious in home sales staff.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 11:58:52 am »
To E.Tx point, they seem to really mark the spas up to give a perception that they are a top of the line spa simply because they are priced so high. If you go with them that's fine, but I would NOT do so until I shopped around at some of your local dealers (i.e. Sundance, Hot Springs, Marquis, D1, Caldera, etc.) so you have a point of reference.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 11:58:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42