What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cloudy water  (Read 6253 times)

goingwarp

• nothin like tubbin after a long day
cloudy water
« on: October 06, 2005, 10:06:13 pm »
Hey gang I am having a small problem, I am useing nature2 and for some reason my water is now cloudy, I checked and the ph alk, and shock all seem to be correct does anyone have any suggestions

Hot Tub Forum

cloudy water
« on: October 06, 2005, 10:06:13 pm »

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
Re: cloudy water
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 10:17:25 pm »
You might have already tried this, if not add come Clarifier.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 10:55:25 pm »
sounds like teenagers in the house, not putting chlorine in after they're done using the spa after school. Mom and Dad come home and at 8pm it's cloudy. one suggestion
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

goingwarp

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 11:42:32 pm »
well I do not have any kids, and I am useing nature2 so I don't use the chlorine although I did put in a tbl spoon to see if that would make a difference. What about the Clarifier what is that, is it the same as chlorine? I may need to pick up a bottle of this.

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 12:14:05 am »
Clarifier is different than Chlorine.  It would be worth a try.

goingwarp

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 08:16:14 am »
ok thanks marks, I will give it a shot

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 10:17:51 am »
I had cloudy water about a month ago.  Added clarifier and after about 8 hours the Spa was crystal clear.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 10:38:15 am »

After the clarifier has done it's job, remember to rinse the filter(s) out well and also wipe down the sides of the tub.  The clairifier will gunk up the tub. surfaces.

07 Caldera Geneva

goingwarp

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 12:12:30 pm »
thanks for the info drew, how about the ph and alk and shock will the clarifier do anything to my chems.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 12:59:58 pm »
thanks for the info drew, how about the ph and alk and shock will the clarifier do anything to my chems.

I'm far from an expert,  but a simple water check after the clarifier has  done it's thang (1 day?) should tell you if you need to adjust anything.

Oh, but I will add, don't forget to take off and wipe down behind any pillows you may have.  Gunk likes to hide behind there.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 01:25:26 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

lilly

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 03:46:55 pm »
ok, i may not know a ton but i do know this....... never use clarifier with the nature 2 system it only makes it worse. the two are not compatible

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 04:53:28 pm »
Lilly,

Why?  I have been using Nature 2 and a clarifier without issue.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 04:56:17 pm »
I had cloudy water also with N2 and it happened after a couple of days of non use. I used clarifier and it did work and cleaned off the filters. The clarifier may cause foaming so this is a FYI, if it does foam it seems removing and cleaning the filters will take care of it.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 11:37:49 pm »
well I do not have any kids, and I am useing nature2 so I don't use the chlorine although I did put in a tbl spoon to see if that would make a difference. What about the Clarifier what is that, is it the same as chlorine? I may need to pick up a bottle of this.

So are you using N2 on it's own?  Or are you using some other sanitizer?  It's my understanding that N2 or any other mineral purifer is not supposed to 'replace' a normal sanitizer like dichlor or bromine.  It can reduce the amount that you have to use though.

Also for Clarifier if it's causing foaming, try Sea Klear 4 in 1 Clarifier.  It's awesome and doesn't cause foam like some of the others do.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 08:12:23 am »
bulmer is right on.  If you are using N2 with just non chlorine shock, your water will get cloudy because of lack of sanitation meaning you have bad living things in your water.  You need to add dichlor, either a little after each use or a larger amount once or twice per week.

A clarifier may help if after properly sanitizing and filtering an extra long time, you still see a haze in your water.  It will clump together the tiny particles that are too small for your filter to capture.

So, sanitize, filter and then try a clarifier if the haze still exists.  You can use a clarifier with N2.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 08:12:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42