What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I am/was so close  (Read 5228 times)

rfraboni

I am/was so close
« on: October 04, 2005, 04:11:09 pm »
I was just waiting for the dealer to return a phone call, as I pretty much decided that I would buy the Grandee, I know I didn't wet test, but there were none available.

The Grandee was chosen due to local dealer, I really want someone close at hand to deal with any issues or problems.

I had been quoted the availability of 1 year no interest/no payments on the purchase but today I received an e-mail saying that the no interest plans were not available.

Does this rule out the purchase of the spa, not at all, it just cuts the attractiveness of the spa too me a bit.

On a side note I have not found a single dealer that is offering the HS financing I keep seeing on ads on both the web and TV.

Thank you for listening.

Hot Tub Forum

I am/was so close
« on: October 04, 2005, 04:11:09 pm »

cappykat

Re: I am/was so close
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 04:52:23 pm »
Have you looked at any other manufacturers?? or are they not near you?  Marquis was offering $200 off and special financing--don't know if it's still available.  

Stuart or Mendo...do you know?
2005 Marquis Epic

rfraboni

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 05:00:10 pm »
For local my choices in include HS, Baja, and Coleman.   The local Marquis dealer dropped them and picked up Baja.

D1 dropped their local dealer and next closest wants 500 for delivery and set up (45 miles)  on top of already high prices.

There are a couple of other dealers local for no name tubs, outbackhydrospas.  The pricing on these were not not a whole lot less than HS and the dealer was less than favorable, not being open when they should be (sign) and not returning calls.

ArcherC

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 08:17:52 pm »
rfraboni,
I have been following your posts, and am sorry you are having so much trouble trying to get into a Grandee. As a HotSpring dealer, I really love this spa and I know once you have one in your yard, you will soon forget all the problems you are currently having.

But all of that aside, I am not surprised you are having trouble finding a dealer who is offering HotSprings no interest financing. The big problem with the financing is that even though HotSpring is promoting it, it is through American General, and Dealers pay an arm and a leg to give it. It also means that if you had worked the dealer down to the last deal he could give you and then saw the promotion and wanted that too, I doubt there is anyone who would do it. Our company is not offering this "special" financing because we feel we would have to charge our customers more for the spa just to cover the cost. Some dealers have prices marked up to cover this, but ours and possibly the dealers in your area do not.
If you still want to do a no interest, no payments option, ask the dealer if they offer it for 6 months through AG as this is much less costly for them and hopefully for you since they won't be paying as much to finance you.
Hope this helps a little.
ArcherC

rfraboni

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 08:53:10 pm »
Thank you for your advice but the last communication was that were not be any same as cash available at this time.  Oh well, have to decide.  

Hmmm, wouldn't paying by CC cost them about as much?

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 12:15:06 am »
If you own a home you might want to consider taking out a home equity line of credit. Just a thought.

I was just waiting for the dealer to return a phone call, as I pretty much decided that I would buy the Grandee, I know I didn't wet test, but there were none available.

The Grandee was chosen due to local dealer, I really want someone close at hand to deal with any issues or problems.

I had been quoted the availability of 1 year no interest/no payments on the purchase but today I received an e-mail saying that the no interest plans were not available.

Does this rule out the purchase of the spa, not at all, it just cuts the attractiveness of the spa too me a bit.

On a side note I have not found a single dealer that is offering the HS financing I keep seeing on ads on both the web and TV.

Thank you for listening.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 09:25:30 am »

I'd contact HS directly and ask just where can you get this free financing?

Sounds like the SD "Free Stereo" drama all over again and I have no sympathy for dealers and manufactuers that do this.  It's frustrating to say the least.

:P
07 Caldera Geneva

Anglia67

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 03:42:05 pm »
Sounds like a shady dealer to me, the old bait and switch, promise you something then take it away. What brand was it? Good luck

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 03:51:57 pm »
Each advertisement for the financing clearly states "at participating dealers."  It is expensive for dealers to participate in this program so some are not participating.

Credit cards cost the dealer must less than the “12 Months Financing” program.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 04:12:41 pm »
Each advertisement for the financing clearly states "at participating dealers."  It is expensive for dealers to participate in this program so some are not participating.

Yup. But from the consumer's end of it, it's a Pain. If the factory if going to promote something, it should  be a solid, square deal.  
07 Caldera Geneva

rfraboni

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 04:19:40 pm »
Sounds like a shady dealer to me, the old bait and switch, promise you something then take it away. What brand was it? Good luck

I do not feel it was a bait and switch, he said he thought they had it but when he checked with the owner it was not available at the time.

The dealer has been one of the nicest I have dealt with while looking.

rfraboni

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 04:21:00 pm »

Hmm, I am not so sure about that, the reason being is that I was told that program was costing the dealer 4.5% of the price.  Last time I checked most credit cards rates were running about that as well if not more.

Anglia67

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 04:23:20 pm »
I guess you didnt read his post carefully Chris, he said he was "quoted " by the dealer and then told he "couldnt have it".clearly a bait and switch tactic on the dealer. I would run as fast as you can from that spa dealer and wet test before you buy.

Brookenstein

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 04:30:38 pm »

Hmm, I am not so sure about that, the reason being is that I was told that program was costing the dealer 4.5% of the price.  Last time I checked most credit cards rates were running about that as well if not more.

I thought cc cost 2-2.5%.  I know when I bought my bedroom furniture this year, the guy asked how I was paying.  He said if I could pay with cash he could take another 2% off the price as it would wash with what he lost with the cc transaction.  I also know that when I bought my central AC unit that I was told it would cost the dealer less for me to use my cc than for me to do the 6mo SAC that they were offering.

rfraboni

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 04:34:17 pm »
Angelia67,

You may be right, but I do not feel it was an intentional, it was mentioned in a phone conversation that it should be available but upon further checking he was told it was no longer available.

I guess my options are to believe the person made a mistake and move forward with them or go to the other dealer that is close and pay 1000 more than the other dealers price and still not get any same as cash.

I am a firm believer that people can make mistakes and he also did contact me about the mistake prior to me getting in there to sign the deal, it wasn't like ok I will take it and I want the same as cash, and then tell me oops.

I guess some will find it odd I seem to be defending a dealer, after listening to me complain about dealers over the last few weeks.

Thank you all for listening to my rants and such.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 04:34:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42