What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hi newbie here with question (Master spa)  (Read 7271 times)

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hi newbie here with question (Master spa)
« on: October 03, 2005, 09:58:05 am »
Hi, My Wife and I attended the Long Beach home show yesterday, we Put a down payment on a Master Spa the LS 850, the selling price is $8900.

That price includes the LED lighting, Full foam, delivery and setup.

Question could we have done better and is there another spa readily available in the Los Angeles area that might be a better deal for the price.

We have a little time to decide to go ahead with the purchase or buy something else.

Best Regards

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Hi newbie here with question (Master spa)
« on: October 03, 2005, 09:58:05 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Hi newbie here with question (Master spa)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 10:16:47 am »
Steve,

As others here will tell you, I'm a big MS advocate.  My LSX has been issue free for 14 months and I'm still very satisfied with the tub and it's therapy.

That said, if this is the only tub that you've looked at and, more importantly, if you have not wet tested the LS850 or any other tub, I would put off the purchase and take some time to shop.  The LS850 is indeed a great tub.....it could very well be the tub for you.....but if you don't shop and wet test, wet test, wet test, you could be the fly in the vinegar thinking that's the sweetest stuff around.  A hot tub is a big investment....take your time and wet test a lot.  If you're in LA, you've got plenty of options.

Good luck and I won't be surprised you end up in an MS tub after it's all said and done! 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 10:22:36 am »
After all is said and done wet testing, if thats what we decide to do, Was just wondering if the $8900 out the door price tag can be matched or beat by the competition in this class of tub.

windsurfdog

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 11:13:34 am »
I paid $8000 for my LSX with cover lifter, steps, ColorGlo lamp, extra mineral filters, stainless jet trim rings, delivery and setup.  This is a July, 2004 price.
HTH  8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 11:35:44 am »
Where did you buy your Spa, Is the LSX considerd higher in the model line than the LS 850 ??, Did you do a wet test comparison with Sundance.

windsurfdog

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
I purchased it from Spa Warehouse in Tampa.  The LSX is the same size as the LS850 utilizing the same filtration, pumps, etc.  The only difference is the layout and a few extra jets.  A friend of mine has the LS800 and it is very similar in both operation and feel.  I think MS considers the LSX a step up but the LS800/850 and the LSX compare very similarly.

Oh, and yes I did a comparison with SD.  I would have bought a Cameo but my local SD dealer spoiled the deal and other SD dealers I contacted are not allowed to sell outside their territory.  I'm glad that I got the MS over the SD because I like the MS air induction system much better than the air blower system that SD uses.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 03:50:42 pm by windsurfdog »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 03:52:06 pm »
Hi, My Wife and I attended the Long Beach home show yesterday, we Put a down payment on a Master Spa the LS 850, the selling price is $8900.

Best Regards

Steve

Was this a real show or a Master show that was advertised as a real genuine show. I just wondered as I live in near LA and did not hear about it. I mean outside of spas were there , window people, door people, etc...

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 04:06:37 pm »
After all is said and done wet testing, if thats what we decide to do, Was just wondering if the $8900 out the door price tag can be matched or beat by the competition in this class of tub.

I would think that is the ballpark range of the competion.  But I wouldn't be surprised if it could be beat.  Why the sense of urgency?  Any time someone puts on that much pressure, I sense a scam.  Reminds me of an episode of the Brady Bunch.   ;D

When I'm about to drop nearly 10k I think I would take my time and make sure I'm making the right decision and not feeling rushed or pressured into it.

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 04:07:54 pm »
Was this a real show or a Master show that was advertised as a real genuine show. I just wondered as I live in near LA and did not hear about it. I mean outside of spas were there , window people, door people, etc...

This was a real show, not much of a real show however there were window, construction, additions etc.

Master was the only spa outfit there.

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 04:29:38 pm »

I would think that is the ballpark range of the competion.  But I wouldn't be surprised if it could be beat.  Why the sense of urgency?  Any time someone puts on that much pressure, I sense a scam.  Reminds me of an episode of the Brady Bunch.   ;D

When I'm about to drop nearly 10k I think I would take my time and make sure I'm making the right decision and not feeling rushed or pressured into it.

Not feeling pressured at all, maybe a little anxious.....lol, went and looked at the Sundance Optima and the maxxus didn't like either of the seating arrangements.

The Optima seat is too deep for us and we don't want a lounge, so those are out.

I'm pretty sure that we're going to get the Master Spa LS850.

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 04:39:55 pm »
Have you looked at Marquis and Hot Spring?

Sorry I mistook your anxiety and rush for a decision to be pressure from a salesman, not just you wanting to get into a spa.  My bad.   ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 04:48:14 pm »
Question could we have done better and is there another spa readily available in the Los Angeles area that might be a better deal for the price.

That is something you need to consider. The best advice is always to shop around so when you do buy, you know you've compared products and found the best for you. Some people have imited options due to their locations but in Los Angeles I'd imagine you have a LOT of options.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 06:12:11 pm »
If you haven't wet tested, you should IMO.  A dry tub may sit very well but they certainly feel different with water and the jets going.

We bought a Marquis Epic after looking at all the major brands and wet testing all.  I'm just saying that I wouldn't drop that much money without a wet test.

Of course, if you think you've found the LSX is the spa for you, and you don't wet test anythying else you won't miss what you haven't tried.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 06:13:16 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 06:43:10 pm »
Are spa's really that dramaticaly different. What should one look for when wet testing.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 07:17:17 pm »
Are spa's really that dramaticaly different. What should one look for when wet testing.

Yes they are. Furthermore, I could test 3 spas and rank them 1-2-3 and you could test the same 3 the same day and rank them completely differently. We all are different sizes and have different desires for how the jets should feel. Its not uncommon for a husband and wife to test and find that one spa fits the husband well but the wife not, the next is just the opposite and then they test the 3rd spa and find it fits both of them and they're sold. You to find out how well a spa fits you when it's in the showroom rather than when it's in your yard.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 07:17:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42