What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ya Hoo!!!  (Read 4964 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ya Hoo!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 06:23:18 pm »
I think Lowes wood is equivilent to lumber yard quality. I wasn't overly impressed with some of the PT lumber in the 20' lengths from the lumber yard. I didn't buy redwood or cedar and they may be different in quality.

My lumber yard carried a different type of PT lumber other than the new ACQ treated stuff. The ACQ is supposed to be more corrosive than the old PT and the stuff they carry is similar to the old - a different formula but equally effective - at least that's what they told me.

Whatever you use make sure any metal ties are at least galvenized. Stainless is a bear to work with becase it's too soft.

My thinking about a lumber yard is the convience of the delivery. For me at $10 a pop, 5 trips was equivilent to HD delivering once for $45. I didn't have to keep all the stuff in my driveway with 1 delivery.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 06:23:18 pm »

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2005, 06:58:31 pm »
Thanks for the compliments Gomboman!

Cappykat, our lumber came from Lowes and I am pretty sure it is southern pine.  The work was done by a contractor who is actually a good friend of our family. He did our original deck and then I said. "we need a second one for our hot tub".  It was at that point that I could see the lights go off inside his head!! He already had great Ideas for us.

We just had the deck stained yesterday so we have a while before we can put back all the furniture. We are very happy with the whole project. Here is a pic with both decks stained. I will post some more pictures once we move all the furniture back onto both decks.

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2005, 06:59:16 pm »
Sorry for the double post of the same picture!!   ;D

cappykat

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 09:23:41 am »
We went to Home Depot because our Lowes wasn't able to do the deck design.  We have the materials list so I guess we can purchase the materials anywhere we want....although I'm sure Home Depot is expecting we'll buy there.

As you come out French doors there will be a 13x25 patio with pavers and right off the patio the deck design is an area 12x15 with two 13x13 decks off either side.  The 12x15 will be 12" from the ground with the other two at different heights from that.  The deck with the hot-tub is going to have a pagoda type shelter over it and the other 13x13 deck will have railing around it.

Now....this is the "hoped" for design.  Once hubby gets the deck completed we'll see if we get the pagoda and the railing.  Those 2 things may get done as he can do it.

2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 09:23:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42