What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: room for a cover lifter?  (Read 1974 times)

pdabill

room for a cover lifter?
« on: September 27, 2005, 07:33:05 pm »
I am hoping to put an 84" X 84" spa (J-345) in a room that is 97" wide. Do you think I will have enough space for a cover lifter? What configuration do you recommend? (should I have the cover fold to the left/right OR to the back?)

Here is a rough diagram of the room:

--------
        |  SPA  |
        |  SPA  |
        |  SPA  |
        |   ....  |
        |   ....  |
         <97">

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

room for a cover lifter?
« on: September 27, 2005, 07:33:05 pm »

J._McD

Re: room for a cover lifter?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 10:16:18 pm »
pdabill, I think we are all trying to figure out how you are going to get an 84" spa in a 97" room.  97" leaves you 13" (6.5" on each side) for the swing arms, so it better be a hydraulic lifter with zero side tolereance opening to the back, assuming there are no windows, but what about service access, that is a pretty tight space.  Tell us more about your plans.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 11:50:33 pm »
We have the following lifter and it does only require 5-6" of clearance.  We've had it a year now and it's been great.  You can open the cover with one hand no problem.  It's very easy to use and takes almost no space.

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/ideal-lift.htm
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
We have the following lifter and it does only require 5-6" of clearance.  We've had it a year now and it's been great.  You can open the cover with one hand no problem.  It's very easy to use and takes almost no space.

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/ideal-lift.htm

Looks like you need a tub that has a wood top, if you have a tub where the acrylic molds over the side this would not work.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 02:45:30 pm »

Looks like you need a tub that has a wood top, if you have a tub where the acrylic molds over the side this would not work.

Ray

Ours is actually mounted on the side so it will work either way.

This isn't the greatest picture but you can see that it's mounted under the moulded shell that's on top.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bulmer4nc/detail?.dir=2c3f&.dnm=fc3c.jpg&.src=ph
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

pdabill

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 09:33:19 pm »
The room is still under construction and there is a way to get the tub into position. There are also doors located in the room that will allow access to all 4 sides of the tub for service in the future. I just want to make sure a cover lifter is available that will fit into those tight quarters once it is in place. Looks like the one suggested could work, however, is there one with a clearance of less than 13.5" that fits on the side of the tub without hanging up so high when it is open?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 09:33:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42