What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension one Feedback?  (Read 13184 times)

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dimension one Feedback?
« on: August 25, 2005, 05:05:26 pm »
Hi,

I was wondering what folks had to say that own a Dimension One Spas.  Just looked at them and they appear to be pretty well built with good features. They seem to be in the same class as Hotsprings, Sundance, Marquis, etc.

I did a search on this forum and did not find much.

I am looking at the D1 Reflections, Californian.

Feedback?

What about pricing folks have recently got on this spa?

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Dimension one Feedback?
« on: August 25, 2005, 05:05:26 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Dimension one Feedback?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 05:23:36 pm »
There's a couple of D1 dealers here and D1 seems to rank up there with the 3 you mentioned.

I looked at them back in 2004, but didn't like the dealer. I saw the Californian and the Nautilus and they were going for about $8,000.

I'm sure more people will chime in!

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 05:24:28 pm »
I soaked in one and thought it was a nice tub.  But, the lounger is very long from hip to knee so I didn't get a natural leg bend and it wasn't comfortable for me.  Their new jets in that lounger are great.  If you are taller, it may fit you and you will probably love it.  Wet test for sure.  They've upped the price on the new Californian.  The store I was at had it with up front pricing pushing $9K, but I didn't try to negotiate either.  By comparison, a Diplomat or Nautilus would have been between $7,800 and $8,000.  I have found no spa forum generally speak ill of Dimension One.  From what I've seen, they are in the same class as the other tubs you've named.  Wet test several models/brands and select what fits you best at a price you're willing to pay.  If you're looking for a lounger, you might check the Caldera Geneva.  It has pretty cool foot jets for the lounger.  It probably will fall in the mid $8K range also, depending of course on the dealer.

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 05:33:53 pm »
I soaked in one and thought it was a nice tub.  But, the lounger is very long from hip to knee so I didn't get a natural leg bend and it wasn't comfortable for me.  Their new jets in that lounger are great.  If you are taller, it may fit you and you will probably love it.  Wet test for sure.  They've upped the price on the new Californian.  The store I was at had it with up front pricing pushing $9K, but I didn't try to negotiate either.  By comparison, a Diplomat or Nautilus would have been between $7,800 and $8,000.  I have found no spa forum generally speak ill of Dimension One.  From what I've seen, they are in the same class as the other tubs you've named.  Wet test several models/brands and select what fits you best at a price you're willing to pay.  If you're looking for a lounger, you might check the Caldera Geneva.  It has pretty cool foot jets for the lounger.  It probably will fall in the mid $8K range also, depending of course on the dealer.

Thanks for the feedback. I am comparing it to the Caldera Geneva (around $9k price quote), Marquis Epic (some things I don’t like on this one - no 24 hour pump and Tri-zone). I have wet tested all of these.

I will wet test this D1 Californian.

Other thoughts? Very interested in real pricing folks have got on the D1 Californian recently.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 05:51:44 pm »
The comments on pricing do reflect the modifications to the '05 Californian v '04 Californian.

D-1 did away with the Chairman, keeping the Chairman II and moving the Californian "up" by adding jets, and some slick light features.

As stl-rex mentioned, this lounger is geared to a taller individual.

I used to sell them and I think they are top notch.
Homeworks Financing Representative

shocker

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 08:53:33 pm »
Here are some prices from the local D1 dealer:

Chairman ll-$9995
Diplomat-$8495
Nautilus-$7495
Aurora ll-$6895
Californian-$8495
Triad ll-$6995
Seville-$5695

Oh yeah.....sale ends 8-29

SuziQ

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 10:58:46 pm »
Glad to hear good things about the D 1 Californian.  I'm going to check one out tomorrow.  I think they have one available for a wet-test, but I'll have to see what their hours are tomorrow and Sat. to fit that in.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 12:08:28 am »
It gets so frustrating listening to people who do not understand how circ pumps work.  I'll give you simple explanation....maybe.

Circulation pump (Laing 909) is a 8 gpm pump, running at 3450 rpm.  That's 11,520 gpm filtered a day.  It runs constantly and burns up every 3 - 6 years and causes more heaters to fail than any pump in history.  Low flow cause heater corrosion..ask Watkins about having to create special heater just to withstand low flow.  Now many use Laing 825 heaters(not titanium) to work with this pump.  ???? used this for years and realized it was just marketing BS, "cleans 24/7 all year long ...silently."  Sounds good, but it doesn't last.  Plus it doesn't matter how long a pump filters, it's how MUCH WATER it filters.  Take a 56 frame that runs at 1725 rpm and filters 80 gpm or 19,000 gallons per day in only 4 hours.  Reminder..half the rpm's and 10 times the flow..3.2 amps for 4 hours a day vs. .95 amps 24 hours a day.  It helps to understand.  Tri-Zone takes sophistication to understand that it allows you to take total flow of pump and put it to ANY muscle group; shoulders, feet, thighs, low back, total back, calves, hips, knees, etc.  No other spa can do that...period.  Anyone can produce a spa that runs all the jets full power or half the spa full power.  It can be difficult to comprehend because it is so far ahead of its time.

Where are you searching (City/Area) for a spa?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 07:36:05 am »
It gets so frustrating listening to people who do not understand how circ pumps work.  I'll give you simple explanation....maybe.

Circulation pump (Laing 909) is a 8 gpm pump, running at 3450 rpm.  That's 11,520 gpm filtered a day.  It runs constantly and burns up every 3 - 6 years and causes more heaters to fail than any pump in history.  Low flow cause heater corrosion..ask Watkins about having to create special heater just to withstand low flow.  Now many use Laing 825 heaters(not titanium) to work with this pump.  ???? used this for years and realized it was just marketing BS, "cleans 24/7 all year long ...silently."  Sounds good, but it doesn't last.  Plus it doesn't matter how long a pump filters, it's how MUCH WATER it filters.  Take a 56 frame that runs at 1725 rpm and filters 80 gpm or 19,000 gallons per day in only 4 hours.  Reminder..half the rpm's and 10 times the flow..3.2 amps for 4 hours a day vs. .95 amps 24 hours a day.  It helps to understand.  Tri-Zone takes sophistication to understand that it allows you to take total flow of pump and put it to ANY muscle group; shoulders, feet, thighs, low back, total back, calves, hips, knees, etc.  No other spa can do that...period.  Anyone can produce a spa that runs all the jets full power or half the spa full power.  It can be difficult to comprehend because it is so far ahead of its time.

Kyle,

There is NO spa that can circulate 11,520 gpm (Gallons Per Minute) a day. To sound intelligent you got to write intelligently - not the case. Keep the sales dribble to yourself!

To Stuart, Mendo and other Marquis dealers - this is NOT a slam on Marquis.

Vinny

wetone

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 09:10:36 am »

The laing pumps primary function is to circulate the water through the heater AND the ozone/contact chamber 24/7 on the D1 spas.

The primary jetting pump runs on set filter cycles (Typically 2 - 2hour cycles in 24 hours) to filter the water.

D1, Marquis, Hot Springs and Sundance are some of the great brands of spas available and it's up to the person shopping for a spa to find the model/brand that is comfortable for them by wet testing them.

To say that one brand is far Superior or "it is so far ahead of its time" because of:  better filtration, bigger pumps, steel frame and so on, is nothing more sales hype IMO.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 09:23:32 am »
It Tri-Zone takes sophistication to understand that it allows you to take total flow of pump and put it to ANY muscle group; shoulders, feet, thighs, low back, total back, calves, hips, knees, etc.  No other spa can do that...period.  Anyone can produce a spa that runs all the jets full power or half the spa full power.  It can be difficult to comprehend because it is so far ahead of its time.

Marquis makes it easier to isolate with the zone.  However I recently tested a spa where I closed all the seat jets except the shoulder/trap jets and I had an unbelievable amount of power coming from just the 4 trap/shoulder jets.  When I was finished, I opened the rest of the jets in the seat and enjoyed a full back massage.  You can do what Marquis makes easy in some other spas with another 20 seconds of fiddling with the jets.  The difference is you can then open them back up for a whole "area" massage when you're done beating up the isolated area.  Nothing against Marquis, but you can achieve the same with other spas just with a different path.  I couldn't run with just the four open for more than a few minutes - too intense.  I was glad to return to a slightly more relaxed massage after that.  I've found it's difficult to sometimes undress sales claims unless you really look around and wet test many models.  I think Marquis is a nice spa, but they have their gimmicks just like everyone else.  Wet test and make a truly informed decision.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 01:40:07 pm »
Here are some prices from the local D1 dealer:

Chairman ll-$9995
Diplomat-$8495
Nautilus-$7495
Aurora ll-$6895
Californian-$8495
Triad ll-$6995
Seville-$5695

Oh yeah.....sale ends 8-29

$6995 on the Triad II???? Holy cows!! I was quoted way moe than that for the triad 2 try 8k oh wait 7995 without tax

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2005, 09:44:11 am »
My D1 Dealer is quoting me $8100 on a D1 Californian.

My Marquis Dealer is quoting me $7300 on a 05 Reward (not the SA) or $8300 on the 05 Epic.

All the quotes are for brand new tubs and include everything except tax.

I wet tested all of them and like them all.

The problem I have is I think the D1 Californian is much more like the Marquis Reward from a size and feature standpoint. The Epic is 100 gallons more, has more seating options, and generally seems to be a step up from the Reward and Californian.

I think these are excellent prices on the Marquis. The dealer has them in stock and wants to move them. The D1 is a smaller business and has to order them and might not have the buying power to compete with these prices.

If the D1 Californian was more in line with the Marquis 05 Reward pricing I am being quoted I would probably buy it. But, if the D1 dealer has to stick to his price of $8100 then for $200 more I will buy the Epic.

I don’t want to offend the D1 dealer, but is the D1 dealer able to sell the Californian in the $7300 range?

omni2377

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 06:22:19 pm »
I just had my D1 Chairman installed. ( I bought it a while back but wasn't able to install due to construction issues)

I LOVE IT! Almost every night I'm out there watching the stars, relaxing.
Oh, and paid $6,495.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 02:53:02 am »

Marquis makes it easier to isolate with the zone.  However I recently tested a spa where I closed all the seat jets except the shoulder/trap jets and I had an unbelievable amount of power coming from just the 4 trap/shoulder jets.  When I was finished, I opened the rest of the jets in the seat and enjoyed a full back massage.  You can do what Marquis makes easy in some other spas with another 20 seconds of fiddling with the jets.  The difference is you can then open them back up for a whole "area" massage when you're done beating up the isolated area.  Nothing against Marquis, but you can achieve the same with other spas just with a different path.  I couldn't run with just the four open for more than a few minutes - too intense.  I was glad to return to a slightly more relaxed massage after that.  I've found it's difficult to sometimes undress sales claims unless you really look around and wet test many models.  I think Marquis is a nice spa, but they have their gimmicks just like everyone else.  Wet test and make a truly informed decision.

Ahhhh that is the rub.....in closing all the jets but 4 in one seat you tried to put more water flow than what those jets were designed to do and by doing so that is the reason for the intense massage that you could not stay in front for long With the Marquis and their Hk 40 jets they are designed to handle 40gpm of water for a very comfortable massage and which if I am not mistaken is twice the water flow if the next largest therapy jet in the industry ( excluding foot blaster or volcano jets) , I understand that 20gpm is the next largest, with jets that are designed for 40gpm of flow you can stay in front them longer for a deeper massage ....All manufactures have things they do well and the better ones do more things well than others. Marquis focus is on high flow hydro therapy with the ability to isolate muscle groups one at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 02:53:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42